Russian economy worsens, explained in charts

And the stupid RWNJ traitors admire Pooting.

An aside - I just read that Trumpery hired one of Pooting's. No wonder the RWNJ fools love Trumpery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with Russia is they can't help being fucking idiots...it is in their blood

After the fall of the Soviet Union, the West welcomed Russia with open arms and offered aid and unlimited trade. Russian oil put them in great position to exploit their newfound trade partners and establish a strong capitalist base

But Russia being Russia couldn't resist reverting to their bully past. When offered a "reset" from the West to confirm their new found place as an economic power they chose to engage in military expansion and now are suffering from not only the collapse of the oil market but Western sanctions

Yeah, I heared it.

b859e2a9e8e1c28d12e848f32783e67159feec218927526.jpg

You live in Western Earth hemisphere... What the hell are your ships and troops doing in Eastern? Demonstrating "open arms" and "peaceful initiative" ? :)

"Humanitarian" bombing of Serbia was an "open arms" initiative too?

I have to admit you are right...the US gets stuck with the role of protector of the free world

Now Russia they yearn for the old days of the USSR
The rest of the world is making you pay

You're ready to murder people all over the world, when they don't think like you - so tell me, what is "freedom" in your sight? Which "free world" you hope to protect by uncontrolled aggression against all, who think different?

The problem with Russia is they can't help being fucking idiots...it is in their blood

After the fall of the Soviet Union, the West welcomed Russia with open arms and offered aid and unlimited trade. Russian oil put them in great position to exploit their newfound trade partners and establish a strong capitalist base

But Russia being Russia couldn't resist reverting to their bully past. When offered a "reset" from the West to confirm their new found place as an economic power they chose to engage in military expansion and now are suffering from not only the collapse of the oil market but Western sanctions

Yeah, I heared it.

You live in Western Earth hemisphere... What the hell are your ships and troops doing in Eastern? Demonstrating "open arms" and "peaceful initiative" ? :)

If you stop intimidating your neighbors they will not call 911 ( USA).

Why do you so fear of Russia? Did the Russia invade US territory anytimes? :)

I suppose in your small mind, you think this good news.

I guess your hero, Poootin, is having a hard time. It seems he is attempting to recreate the Russian version of the Ronald Reagan days, except he will need to increase the Russian deficit a lot more to complete with the Ronald Reagan's fiasco.
Oh brother...there you go again...LOL just like the fools in Ronnie's day.

Putin is no hero of mine. He is a corrupt lying politician just like pols in the USA.

Of course, you can't see what is really being done to Russia is an attempt by the West to control Russia. The artificially low oil prices, instigated by the US and Saudis, is designed specifically to harm Russia.
Aw face it, Putin was outsmarted by Obama . You RW traitors had your nose up his butt for increasing Russia's military aggression in Syria and you also derided Obama for not doing so. Now, apparently, you still don't see how brilliant Obama was and how dumb Putin was. Those excursions in Syria cost Putin BIG TIME and this is the sob story you are now hearing about Russia's economic woes. Meanwhile, Obama and the US Treasury and stock Holders are grinning all the way to the bank!

Now let's play "let's find out the truth". Maybe a few projects are delayed a tad but he's been just rocking and jaking his military to an exceptional new level.

The Bear Awakens: Russia's Military Is Back

1024px-Russian_Air_Force_Sukhoi_T-50_Aoki-2_0.jpg

The Bear Awakens: Russia's Military Is Back
Yeah, I hope he takes more initiatives like those in Afghanistan or Syria. If Putin is that stupid, you might see pictures of him riding a burro without a shirt or pants. He will be too broke

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

The Russian economy is worsening.to the point that the efforts to modernize their military has stopped, Desperate Straights?
Yes, nothing new. Russia is restoring its economy in a new way. The previous decades were about making old soviet industries work again, now it is about making new industries and diversifying soviet heritage.
Russia is no longer under the insane atheists and will manage the problems.
And Obama did not even have to say, "tear down dat wall!"

Yeah, I heared it.

Whatever you day Comrade....

Yeah, I heared it.

Whatever you day Comrade....

What can I say else? :)

Yeah, I heared it.

I have to admit you are right...the US gets stuck with the role of protector of the free world

You're ready to murder people all over the world, when they don't think like you - so tell me, what is "freedom" in your sight? Which "free world" you hope to protect by uncontrolled aggression against all, who think different?

We kind of clean up other peoples messes while Russia creates them

No country in the history of the world has had the amount of power the US has and used it less

Yeah, I heared it.

Which messes were created by Russia? Al-kaida? :) ISIS? :)

No country in the history of the world has had the amount of power the US has and used it less

So, freedom, democracy and so on - just a words for you? There is no god except Amount of Power?

Yeah, I heared it.

So, freedom, democracy and so on - just a words for you? There is no god except Amount of Power?

Afghanistan, Eastern Europe

Yeah, I heared it.

Afghanistan, Eastern Europe

USSR don't exist for about 25 years... Or you hate people not by ideology, but by nationality?

some people think in an opposite way.

US authorities are continuing the gravy train for many Washington bureaucracies, increasing insecurity around the world, according to retired US Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Karen Kwiatkowski . The more conflict the bigger the market place for arms, she adds.

‘We fund terrorists, if those terrorists serve our purposes’ – retired US Lt. Col.

Syria, Libya, Iraq, are those the countries where Russia has created mess, HA?

I Just can't understand how some people can be stupid or blind or brainwashed or all above...

Last edited:
Anyone that thinks that Russia is going to bend because of sanctions or a poor economy doesn't know anything about Russians. This is a country that has been invaded many times. They've defeated both Hitler and Napoleon. They've been isolated for 70 years of cold war. They are used to deprivation and aren't going to give an inch.

Being nice to Russians works.Trying to twist their arms will fail. Try vodka, not sanctions.

Homeless problem gettin' worse in Russia as economy falters...

Russia's embattled economy pushes more into poverty
Apr 23, 2016 - Fallout of economic crisis can be seen on streets of St. Petersburg, where a night bus seeks out the homeless
Natasha hides her face from a journalist's camera and won't reveal her last name. As layoffs began to bite in Russia this January, she lost her administrative job. Now, she waits for the so-called Night Bus in St. Petersburg, a kind of meals on wheels for those on the fringes of society. Steaming hot soup, ladled out of Soviet-era army canisters from the back of a bus, accompanied by bread and tea. "At least it's something," Natasha, 57, says, her face obscured by her parka's hood in –11 C temperatures. "I don't need to spend money for bread. I can buy something else with this money. There's not enough money for life."

temporary-shelter.jpg

A warming tent for those with nowhere to go. They come in by 8 p.m. and leave by 8 a.m. A stop gap in a city with not enough permanent shelter beds.​

As Russia's economy stalls, more Russians are being pushed into poverty. Three million more Russians fell below the poverty line last year — meaning they made less than 9,452 rubles, or $180, a month — pushing the total to more than 19 million. That's a record high in nearly a decade, and some analysts from the Russian Academy of Sciences suggest the poverty rate is as high as 25 per cent. Some see the current situation as reminiscent of the 1990s, when the collapse of the Soviet Union saw wages drop drastically, and 29 per cent of the country fell below the poverty line.

temporary-homeless-shelter-st-petersburg.jpg

The Nochlezhka shelter set up two large army tents in the suburbs of St. Petersburg to house the homeless. Three million more Russians fell below he poverty line last year, bringing the number of Russia's poor to over 19 million.​

Russia's economy, heavily reliant on oil, has been battered by low oil prices and international economic sanctions, including those from Canada, imposed in the wake of Russia's annexation of Crimea and its role in the conflict in eastern Ukraine. "Our country faces serious economic challenges," said President Vladimir Putin Tuesday, speaking to business people at a large engineering congress in Moscow. "Investments have decreased, the demand for your production has reduced. I can understand well your anxiety for the future."

face-of-poverty.jpg

With the government implementing widespread budget cuts, the social safety net for Russia's poor is thinning. In St. Petersburg, the homeless get some help from a shelter that operates a night bus that brings hot soup and bread to the outskirts of Russia's second largest city.​

The average rate of inflation last year more than doubled to 15.5 per cent before falling back this year, to 7.3 per cent in March. Real incomes have fallen at least 10 per cent. Russia's currency, the ruble, has devalued by roughly 50 per cent. "When the economy is not healthy, more people become homeless," said Gregory Sverdlin. Sverdlin runs a St. Petersburg charity named Nochlezhka, meaning "shelter." It's the largest homeless shelter in St. Petersburg but has only 52 permanent beds. Some estimates put the number of homeless in Russia's second largest city at 50,000.

MORE

See also:

Why Russia Is Rocking the European Boat
April 22, 2016 — In an April 6 referendum in the Netherlands, a majority of participants voted against approving an association agreement between the European Union and Ukraine. The results were greeted with concern in the West, but with delight in Moscow.
Russia's government saw the vote as evidence that it was “on the same page” with Europe’s far right – in this case, the Freedom Party headed by Geert Wilders, the Dutch politician known for his opposition to Islam and immigration who hailed the referendum’s “no” vote as “the beginning of the end of the EU.” The Dutch referendum was just the latest in a series of developments that have journalists and researchers from around the world taking a closer look at how European radical organizations – most of them on the right side of the political spectrum, but also some on the left – are connected to the administration of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Is it simply a coincidence that many of these organizations supported the Kremlin’s actions against Ukraine? According to researchers, the answer is no: radicals in Europe, together with some cynically-minded mainstream politicians, are close to Russia’s current leaders, both ideologically and financially.

Money trail

For example, in 2014, the leader of France’s National Front, Marine Le Pen, admitted her far-right party had taken an $11-million loan from Russian-owned First Czech-Russian Bank. Le Pen’s “lieutenants have been to Moscow many times and met people there, and it’s very clear there’s an open financial connection, and also some intellectual support,” Washington Post columnist Anne Applebaum told VOA’s Russian Service, adding that there are also direct connections between Hungary’s far-right Jobbik party and Russia. “One of its members has deep and long Moscow links,” she said. According to Applebaum, there are also “indirect” links between Europe’s far right and Moscow. “For example, there have been conferences organized with Russian money which the leaders of these right-wing groups attend,” she said. Such links were also on display during the November 2014 elections in eastern Ukraine, which were organized by Russia-backed separatists in the region.

A number of Europe’s far-right parties, along with Greece’s Communist Party, agreed to send monitors to observe that vote, which Western governments dismissed as illegitimate. “The third kind of link is intellectual,” said Applebaum. “It’s one that we saw in the recent Dutch referendum, whereby a right-wing party borrows liberally from Russian propaganda and Russian-manufactured disinformation in a local political dispute.” Applebaum said Moscow supports Europe’s far-right in hopes of weakening European organizations and institutions that it "perceives as a threat.” She added, however, that such actions will not ultimately benefit Russia as a country. “Russia, in my view is a European country,” she said. “It should be trying to join Europe and strengthen it, and I don’t see what Russia gains by trying to destroy Europe.”

‘Divide and split’

Last edited:

Forum List

Back