Russian Facebook ads

I keep hearing a lot of talk about them but I have not seen any. Has anyone seen anything more than a description or claim?

I thought the total expenditure on those adds was only in the 100,000 dollar range. Kind of amazing how powerful they supposedly were considering the hundreds of millions of dollars that the shrilary spent on TV ads.
They had thousands of trolls and bots pushing the ad articles out....making the $100k worth a million or ten million or who knows? They metastasized....

That is what Facebook is gathering for congress now....congress asked them for this info in the last hearing with them....And supposedly Facebook has the ability to do that....

I would be shocked if they didn't to be honest. Still, the claim that the FB ads were so powerful based on the money expenditure on her part I find highly dubious.

Facebook has repeatedly brushed off calls to make the ads public, with a spokesperson telling Business Insider earlier this month that "Due to both federal law and the fact that investigations are ongoing with the relevant authorities, we’re unable to share the ads." However, when pressed by the publication, the company refused to specify which laws (if any) prevented them from releasing the ads.

What's more, Sen. Mark Warner has explicitly called for Facebook to make the advertisements public. "They shared the content with staff," Gizmodo reports him telling press earlier this month, "but the public deserves to look at that content.”
Mark Zuckerberg's refusal to make Russia-linked Facebook ads public is a disgrace

You have an egotistical 33 year old that thinks people are stupid. Good to know.

I keep hearing a lot of talk about them but I have not seen any. Has anyone seen anything more than a description or claim?

I thought the total expenditure on those adds was only in the 100,000 dollar range. Kind of amazing how powerful they supposedly were considering the hundreds of millions of dollars that the shrilary spent on TV ads.
They had thousands of trolls and bots pushing the ad articles out....making the $100k worth a million or ten million or who knows? They metastasized....

That is what Facebook is gathering for congress now....congress asked them for this info in the last hearing with them....And supposedly Facebook has the ability to do that....

I would be shocked if they didn't to be honest. Still, the claim that the FB ads were so powerful based on the money expenditure on her part I find highly dubious.

I'd agree if it were just the $100k without the bot and troll push....
Supposedly it was a very sophisticated plan....that pushed the ads towards the people susceptible to believing the topic of the article ads.... it was not random pushing them out to 600k Facebook users, but directed towards specific users in specific states in specific regions within those states.

Question. What are the names of the people "susceptible to believing the topic of the article ads"? Who decided they were susceptible? How would anyone else know if they had not seen the ads?

Facebook has repeatedly brushed off calls to make the ads public, with a spokesperson telling Business Insider earlier this month that "Due to both federal law and the fact that investigations are ongoing with the relevant authorities, we’re unable to share the ads." However, when pressed by the publication, the company refused to specify which laws (if any) prevented them from releasing the ads.

What's more, Sen. Mark Warner has explicitly called for Facebook to make the advertisements public. "They shared the content with staff," Gizmodo reports him telling press earlier this month, "but the public deserves to look at that content.”
Mark Zuckerberg's refusal to make Russia-linked Facebook ads public is a disgrace

You have an egotistical 33 year old that thinks people are stupid. Good to know.
"You" as in me? As in my country?

Where are YOU from Disr?

"You" as in me? As in my country?

Where are YOU from Disr?

I was born in Tucson. You have a 33 year old that thinks people are stupid. Good to know.

Question. What are the names of the people "susceptible to believing the topic of the article ads"? Who decided they were susceptible? How would anyone else know if they had not seen the ads?
All good questions...there are programs and algorithms that can identify "likes" etc. on specific topics and ad listings which can identify the user.... plus campaigns buy information on voters by specific regions for their ad and other, purpose.....So the specified info can be bought as well.....

This ain't 1950.....

All good questions...there are programs and algorithms that can identify "likes" etc. on specific topics and ad listings which can identify the user.... plus campaigns buy information on voters by specific regions for their ad and other, purpose.....So the specified info can be bought as well.....

This ain't 1950.....

One would think since it isn't 1950 they could very clearly identify and define whom was "susceptible". Otherwise, what we have is a bunch of bullshit perpetuated by a 33 year old that considers the public to be idiots.

This ain't 1950.....

One would think since it isn't 1950 they could very clearly identify and define whom was "susceptible". Otherwise, what we have is a bunch of bullshit perpetuated by a 33 year old that considers the public to be idiots.
You play an intelligent KNOW it all most of the time, I'm surprised you are playing dumb on this?

Even USMB, directs ads specifically to me...

If I shopped at a yarn store on line, even if I bought nothing, my ads on USMB will include the yarn store, if looking at cars, then my ads will include cars..... it's darn frightening! Apparently, it's all A-OK..... I hate it...

One of the stories that was passed around was the much vaunted "Pizzagate" where Hillary had reportedly locked down a whole bunch of kids for a pedophile sex ring in the basement of the pizza shop.

Only problem is, there was no basement, and no pedophile ring going on, but the right wing rubes passed it on as fact. Matter of fact, so did some of the people in Trump's cabinet like Mattis.
Since it is fact could you post a link to this story I never heard until this night?

One of the stories that was passed around was the much vaunted "Pizzagate" where Hillary had reportedly locked down a whole bunch of kids for a pedophile sex ring in the basement of the pizza shop.

Only problem is, there was no basement, and no pedophile ring going on, but the right wing rubes passed it on as fact. Matter of fact, so did some of the people in Trump's cabinet like Mattis.
Since it is fact could you post a link to this story I never heard until this night?

What??? You didn't hear about Pizzagate?

This ain't 1950.....

You play an intelligent KNOW it all most of the time, I'm surprised you are playing dumb on this?

Even USMB, directs ads specifically to me...

If I shopped at a yarn store on lined, even if I bought nothing, my ads on USMB will include the yarn store, if looking at cars, then my ads will include cars..... it's darn frightening! Apparently, it's all A-OK..... I hate it...

I'm playing dumb? Seriously? You are defending a 33 year old jackass that thinks you are too stupid to see the evidence to support claims that you're too stupid for ads.

And by the way, Fuck you.

No I did not and I would like to hear from one person whose vote was changed by anything a Russian might have done.

No I did not and I would like to hear from one person whose vote was changed by anything a Russian might have done.

How? There were a million threads about it on here. Alex Jones was sued for promoting it. A guy shot up the pizza place looking for it...

How? There were a million threads about it on here. Alex Jones was sued for promoting it. A guy shot up the pizza place looking for it...

Where is the proof Russia initiated "Pizzagate"?

Follow up question. Were the people that believed pizzagate ever, ever, ever going to vote for a Democrat?

If it were posted here I didn't see it and Jones was not sued for pizzagate: Chobani sues Alex Jones, saying he falsely linked company to child rape, tuberculosis

Follow up question. Were the people that believed pizzagate ever, ever, ever going to vote for a Democrat?

They didn't have to start it, but spreading it all over the net certainly made a difference. Would you vote for someone that you thought was running a pedophile ring? :dunno:

If it were posted here I didn't see it and Jones was not sued for pizzagate: Chobani sues Alex Jones, saying he falsely linked company to child rape, tuberculosis

"Jones said Alefantis wrote to him in February, demanding an apology and retraction of his broadcasts and postings on Pizzagate. Texas law dictates that Jones, who is based in Austin, had exactly one month to respond to Alefantis’ letter to avoid facing punitive damages in a libel suit. That deadline was Friday, the Post reported."

Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Apologizes For Spreading Fake 'Pizzagate' Story | HuffPost

They didn't have to start it, but spreading it all over the net certainly made a difference. Would you vote for someone that you thought was running a pedophile ring? :dunno:

Dude, Were the people that believed pizzagate ever, ever, ever going to vote for a Democrat? Ever? Nope. In fact, most people saw it on the Alex Jones site. Do the people that frequent the Alex Jones site vote for Democrats?

I feel like Trump supporters are soon going to be declaring that Russia itself is a hoax, fake news, and doesn't actually exist.

Forum List

Back