Russian Ruble collapses

It s A Huge Crisis - The UK Oil Industry Is Close To Collapse Zero Hedge

... while we understand if Saudi Arabia is employing a dumping strategy to punish the Kremlin as per the "deal" with Obama's White House, very soon there will be a very vocal, very insolvent and very domestic shale community demanding answers from the Obama administration, as once again the "costs" meant to punish Russia end up crippling the only truly viable industry under the current presidency.

So with great delight we present the latest blowback from Obama's "brilliant" strategy to cripple Putin: in addition to the default wave about to crush America's own shale industry, America's biggest foreign ally and military partner when it comes to "ideologically pure missions of liberation" - the UK, and specifically its North Sea oil industry which according to the BBC is in a "crisis" and according to Robin Allan, chairman of the independent explorers' association Brindex, the industry was "close to collapse".

Russia Is Not Selling Gold Bought 18t In November - Koos Jansen

Russia has the ability to stem the ruble slide if they wish. But they are playing the long game, rather than the short one the US is currently engaged in.

They bought 18T of gold in November.

My prediction is that oil will stabilize at about $70 a bbl. At that point, Russia will move to stabilize the ruble. The Russians under Putin are leftists, they are what the democrats strive to be. The rulers don't give a flying fuck about the misery vetted upon the populace at large. I agree that they will ride this out until conditions are more favorable to them..

That's a possibility and of course the State is going to throw its citizens under the bus to protect itself. That is what all States are willing to do (as we know).

As above shows, the impacts of the economic warfare conducted to punish russia is going to have worldwide implications. In fact, it is already happening.

That's a possibility and of course the State is going to throw its citizens under the bus to protect itself. That is what all States are willing to do (as we know).

As above shows, the impacts of the economic warfare conducted to punish russia is going to have worldwide implications. In fact, it is already happening.

I agree, but point out that the American shale industry remains strong even with $50 oil. Most of what I read a few months ago suggested $60 was break even, but apparently the costs are regional, North Dakota remains profitable today, where Texas is faltering.

I pay little attention to the whining of the Brits, they have destroyed the economy bequeathed them by Thatcher, so I have little sympathy.

I agree, but point out that the American shale industry remains strong even with $50 oil. Most of what I read a few months ago suggested $60 was break even, but apparently the costs are regional, North Dakota remains profitable today, where Texas is faltering.

I pay little attention to the whining of the Brits, they have destroyed the economy bequeathed them by Thatcher, so I have little sympathy.

Sure, the run off of shale isn't going to happen overnight due to faltering oil prices and 'price discovery'. What I see happening is exploration dwindling as the discovery is the most capital intense portion of the process. With that said, people are already fleeing that process over seas, and it's only a matter of time until it happens here. The Saudis knew what they were doing, and that is to keep them dominant in the energy business by taking the hit now to curtail demand.

It's just that the dumbfuck n Chief thought he was getting some sort of international brownie points when in reality, he's fucking over the only industry that has been successful under his terms.

Sure, the run off of shale isn't going to happen overnight due to faltering oil prices and 'price discovery'. What I see happening is exploration dwindling as the discovery is the most capital intense portion of the process. With that said, people are already fleeing that process over seas, and it's only a matter of time until it happens here. The Saudis knew what they were doing, and that is to keep them dominant in the energy business by taking the hit now to curtail demand.

It's just that the dumbfuck n Chief thought he was getting some sort of international brownie points when in reality, he's fucking over the only industry that has been successful under his terms.

Again I agree, except that I expect oil to rise back to the $70 range in fairly short order. Saudi Arabia wants to break the back of Iran - for good reason. But there is only so long that they can operate at a loss.

Again I agree, except that I expect oil to rise back to the $70 range in fairly short order. Saudi Arabia wants to break the back of Iran - for good reason. But there is only so long that they can operate at a loss.

I'm doubting it, for a couple of reasons. Though you could be right.

1) the bubble burst of junk bonds in the energy sector is also what keeps the spiral going. As this occurs, these indebted energy companies are going to find they can not service maturing debt, which 'could' lead to defaults. The Saudis can continue on a 'loss' for a long time, really.

2) the decoupling of stocks, credit and oil.

What I see in the near term is for this to get a bit out of anyones hands.

Putin is not going to stop dealing with Ukraine. Spreading NATO to the East isn't an evidence of russian agression. Falling of national currency is not a reason for Russians not to defend their interests on Russia's border. But USA for some reason think that on Russia's border they have their interests. Sounds like Russia will be angry of relations between USA and Canada and tend to warmongering because of this.

Russia's dealing with Ukraine? :lmao:
Sovereign states have the right to pursue NATO membership and not challenging Russian aggression in Ukraine is not just dangerous, it's wrong. The good news is we can and are doing so economically and, IMHO, successfully. Comparing Russia's current situation in Ukraine with US/Canadian relations isn't just apples and oranges, it's disingenuous and downright silly.

Saudi oil is so cheap to pump that they can turn a profit at well below $50/bbl (but they want much more). I'm as interested in breaking OPEC's back as I am in breaking Iran's and Russia's and the boost to the global economy is a nice benefit, too.

Saudi oil is so cheap to pump that they can turn a profit at well below $50/bbl (but they want much more). I'm as interested in breaking OPEC's back as I am in breaking Iran's and Russia's and the boost to the global economy is a nice benefit, too.

Well, you seem to have the same sort of short sighted mentality the president is showing. Playing the short game is for short bus riders.

Well, you seem to have the same sort of short sighted mentality the president is showing. Playing the short game is for short bus riders.

So you think we should shore up OPEC's sagging fortunes as well as those of Russia and Iran? Got it.

So you think we should shore up OPEC's sagging fortunes as well as those of Russia and Iran? Got it.

Once again you seem to be playing the short game. It's not one or the other here. Thats the type of short sightedness I am referring to here.

Fine, let them eat that gold! Should the US and rest of the civilized nations agree, we can force the price of gold down to $500 an oz., and Putin will have another loser on his hands, just as with the oil.

Fine, let them eat that gold! Should the US and rest of the civilized nations agree, we can force the price of gold down to $500 an oz., and Putin will have another loser on his hands, just as with the oil.

Oh sure. You seem to be highly confused about economics and what is happening in the world. not that it is shocking.

Why You Should Care About The Collapsing Russian Ruble

Anxiety about oil prices and Russian instability is starting to rattle U.S. stocks, which have fallen in five of the last seven trading days. Market angst, if it gets carried away or goes on for too long, can hurt economic activity.

The selling in America has been tame so far. Economists expect the U.S. to hold up despite lousy economies all over the world, from Japan to China to Russia to Europe. Lower oil prices will help the economy. But the side effects can be scary

We may benefit with the lower fuel prices in the short term, but the weaker economies are going to eventually pull us down.

Why You Should Care About The Collapsing Russian Ruble

Anxiety about oil prices and Russian instability is starting to rattle U.S. stocks, which have fallen in five of the last seven trading days. Market angst, if it gets carried away or goes on for too long, can hurt economic activity.

The selling in America has been tame so far. Economists expect the U.S. to hold up despite lousy economies all over the world, from Japan to China to Russia to Europe. Lower oil prices will help the economy. But the side effects can be scary

We may benefit with the lower fuel prices in the short term, but the weaker economies are going to eventually pull us down.

Are you still pushing that outdated silliness? Dow is up 800 pts in 3 sessions and S&P 500 is closing in on record high. Even if we didn't challenge Russia's expansionism, the market may well have acted exactly as it has the past week or so and to ignore Russia's militarism in Ukraine is to invite more of the same from desperados like Putin.

Oh sure. You seem to be highly confused about economics and what is happening in the world. not that it is shocking.

As opposed to you thinking you know WTF you are muttering about?

As opposed to you thinking you know WTF you are muttering about?

Yes, I do know what I'm talking about. It's a lot deeper than fear and lust for revenge against your boogeyman.

Putin is not going to stop dealing with Ukraine. Spreading NATO to the East isn't an evidence of russian agression. Falling of national currency is not a reason for Russians not to defend their interests on Russia's border. But USA for some reason think that on Russia's border they have their interests. Sounds like Russia will be angry of relations between USA and Canada and tend to warmongering because of this.

Russia's dealing with Ukraine? :lmao:
Sovereign states have the right to pursue NATO membership and not challenging Russian aggression in Ukraine is not just dangerous, it's wrong. The good news is we can and are doing so economically and, IMHO, successfully. Comparing Russia's current situation in Ukraine with US/Canadian relations isn't just apples and oranges, it's disingenuous and downright silly.
Ukraine is hardly a sovereign state. It depends on russian resourses or on help from the West. Nowadays they have rejected russian sponsorship and haven't yet received it from the West.
"disingenuous","wrong","silly" - is it all of your arguments? Ukraine for centures was the region of Russia, and now over the 20 years they decided to become enemies without "helping" from US? That is disingenuous, silly and wrong. US is trying to interfere into the other's affairs.

Forum List

Back