Russian TYPICAL Supermarket After 8 Months of Sanctions

take a look around a Russian Typical Supermarket in Moscow, Russia. After 8 months of Sanctions impeded on Russia how does a Russian typicalSupermarket look. What are the prices really like now.
Of course the Russian economy is broken, sanctions work and the fat american guy spreading fake news is a paid by Putin troll, liar, Nazi, Racist, antisemit, idiot etc. et.etc.

Makes you wonder why your boy Putin is always whining about the sanctions.

You have no clue what you are watching, no understanding of economic context.

This is a big shiny supermarket in Moscow, which is where pretty much all the Russian wealth gets concentrated. The rest of the country looks nothing like this.

Their "cheaper" food prices are less affordable because salaries are much smaller.

And this is just the food, which was much less effected than electronics, appliances, autos and related parts.

Overall inflation rate in Russia is at 13% right now and still shooting up, combined with GDP contraction already at 5% heading to 12% according to Russian Central Bank. Their prime age workforce is getting sent to fertilize Ukraine.

If this was happening in the US we would be calling it elective Great Depression 2.0

So have you been to Russia? To those smaller, out of the way, less financially stable areas??? IDK, maybe you have or maybe you live there to know these things.

I made an observation based on the video. YOU just gotta pick a fight over it and I really don't give a shit either way. So again........go suck an egg.

That is a German hypermarket. and those kinds of places tend to be cheap because they buy in bulk.

How many German markets use the cyrillic alphabet for their signage?

:)

• Disagree
Reactions: xyz
How many German markets use the cyrillic alphabet for their signage?

:)
"Globus" is not written in Cyrillic. If you watch the video, he even says it is a German chain.

Every supermarket in every town or even a village, if it has one, is just like this, with quite a variety of produce to choose from. Not with 57 cash registers maybe and stands of caviar $200 plus a jar but with enough food for everyone, trust me. Believe it or not we even have chocolate and Coca-Cola.

"Globus" is not written in Cyrillic. If you watch the video, he even says it is a German chain.
Isn't it wonderful to live in America where everybody gets to have an opinion?

And SPAR is a Dutch store chain but they have outlets in Russia. :eek:

Isn't it wonderful to live in America where everybody gets to have an opinion?

And SPAR is a Dutch store chain but they have outlets in Russia. :eek:

I don't like SPAR for some reason. Can't put my finger on why.

Every supermarket in every town or even a village, if it has one, is just like this, with quite a variety of produce to choose from. Not with 57 cash registers maybe and stands of caviar $200 plus a jar but with enough food for everyone, trust me. Believe it or not we even have chocolate and Coca-Cola.
Well, the ones in villages would be nowhere that big. I don't really think Russia is that different from Europe, in particular Eastern Europe, except for politics.

Then why can’t Russia take a nothing country like Ukraine?

Well, the ones in villages would be nowhere that big. I don't really think Russia is that different from Europe, in particular Eastern Europe, except for politics.
No 57 cash registers, just two or three. That's basically the only difference. I live in one of those small towns and even we have got two SPARs, which I don't like despite its being Dutch or some such shit.)

• Thanks
Are there still many smaller family-owned shops where you live, or did the big chains buy them up?
There still are. More than that it so happens that I do refrigerating equipment repair work in many of those.

• Thanks

Forum List

Back