Russian warship docks in Havana

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Russia stepping up into the world of force projection---perhaps Putin plans to renew Russia's alliance with Cuba?

Advanced Russian warship armed with cruise missiles docks in Havana's harbor

"One of the Russian Navy’s most advanced warships has docked at a port in Havana’s harbor.
Armed with cruise missiles, air deference systems and other weapons, the Admiral Gorshkov -- which pulled into Cuba's capital Monday -- is the first ship in a new class of frigates intended to replace aging Soviet-era destroyers to project power far away from Russian shores.
As U.S.-Russian relations have sunk to some of the lowest levels since the Cold War, Moscow has been considering further steps to boost its global presence. An air base and a naval facility in Syria are currently Russia's only military outposts outside the former Soviet Union but Russian military officials have talked repeatedly about plans to negotiate deals for Russian warships and aircraft to use foreign ports and air bases."

Admiral-Gorshkov.jpg

We do not own Cuba, Fleegle. And Russia had warships there since the Bay of Pigs fiasco. Nothing happened.
Not really a 'viewing with alarm' post--more of a 'Hmmmm' sort of thing.

I'd invite the Russian ship to dock in Miami..and have some liberty...I doubt that Putin would allow it though.

We do not own Cuba, Fleegle. And Russia had warships there since the Bay of Pigs fiasco. Nothing happened.

I'd invite the Russian ship to dock in Miami..and have some liberty...I doubt that Putin would allow it though.
If Kalorama (rhymes with Obama) had a dock...

Russia's Dilapidated Aircraft Carrier Keeps Getting Banned From Ports

En route to Syria, the trouble-prone carrier is a port pariah.

By Kyle Mizokami
Oct 27, 2016

gallery-1477594216-gettyimages-616035728.jpg

En route to Syria, the trouble-prone carrier is a port pariah.

By Kyle Mizokami
Oct 27, 2016

gallery-1477594216-gettyimages-616035728.jpg
Yeah..that's an old one. Force projection is still a joke with Russia----it does appear that they would like to change that..if they can.

When they bring their competitive athletes to the USA for contests, they usually lose a couple who "went shopping," then ducked out and found a gummint office for "asylum." Yeah, they're better off not visiting beautiful, colorful Miami Florida! No problem! the Euros are having a good time in Miami every summer, and it's a hop skip and jump from Walt Disney World and Animal Kingdom and Butterfly Nature reserves, Fish World, Pet a Manatee Aquarium, etc., etc., etc.

Forum List

Back