S&P soars to record as Russian stocks sink

Effective sanctions would include the following:

More fracking and not just in the US.

More pipelines again not just in the US.

Russia survives on expensive fossil fuel energy all sanctions that do not attack that economic base will be ineffective.

Seriously?

Remember the wheat embargo?

:eusa_whistle:
Check with your commodities desk you are acting on bad information.

Putin wanted the Crimea he got it. Anyone see him giving it back?

How many American troops do you figure it would take to drive the Russians out of Crimea, and will you be one of them?

Did I say a god dam thing about sending in troops? Let me answer for you no I did not. Now do you dispute that Putin wanted Crimea and got it? Do you dispute he's not letting go of it?

Why would anyone want Crimea back? The citizens turned against Ukraine. Fuck 'em. Let them be poor Russians while the Ukraine's get modern and prosper as the EU and USA pump resources into them. Get ready to eat some good chocolate folks. They make great chocolate in Ukraine.
Won't take any US troops to fuck the Russians up in Crimea. The got muslim Tarters in Crimea. Chances are they are already talking to their brothers in Chechnya. If they go the IED route Russia is fucked.

The biggest buyer of Stocks on Earth is the United States Government.

You think maybe Treasury dumping billions of dollars of Russian Stocks might cause their Market to take a shit?

You people aren't very bright, are you?

Nevermind, you're too stupid to answer intelligently

Do you have any idea how stupid your comment is? Made even more stupid by calling others stupid.

Of course he's fucking stupid.

Nothing makes sense to him unless you are spilling the blood of the "enemy".

He has no idea that there are ways to achieve political goals without a war.

I was talking about the stock stuff. Do we own a bunch of stocks in the Russian stock market?

How many American troops do you figure it would take to drive the Russians out of Crimea, and will you be one of them?

Did I say a god dam thing about sending in troops? Let me answer for you no I did not. Now do you dispute that Putin wanted Crimea and got it? Do you dispute he's not letting go of it?

Hard to say at this point.

Russia may pull out.

They are not, however, going to give up that warm water port or naval base.
Crimea has been part of Russia since the 1700s handing it over to the Ukraine was one of the many reasons Krushchev was given the heave-ho.

Do you have any idea how stupid your comment is? Made even more stupid by calling others stupid.

Of course he's fucking stupid.

Nothing makes sense to him unless you are spilling the blood of the "enemy".

He has no idea that there are ways to achieve political goals without a war.

I was talking about the stock stuff. Do we own a bunch of stocks in the Russian stock market?
No, and other than making margin rates low the USG stock portfolio is nearly microscopic at this point.

Putin wanted the Crimea he got it. Anyone see him giving it back?

So you're bitching about the president's policies but you don't have any better ideas?

crybaby.

So you're bitching about the president's policies but you don't have any better ideas?

crybaby.

You calling someone else a crybaby?

:lmao:

sigpic34399_32.gif

crybaby.

You calling someone else a crybaby?

:lmao:

sigpic34399_32.gif

Yes. Anyone who is criticizing Obama's Ukraine policy but doesn't have a single idea as to what would be a better policy is a crybaby.

The market closed down today over 28 points. Thread = Fail.

threadfail.jpg
You understand that when this thread was start the news was that the market opened with record numbers, right. The market was up over 100 points. It calmed down once normal processes took hold, including the realization that a quadruple witching was occuring which has absolutely nothing to do with the current events in Ukraine or Russia but causes mandatory adjustments.
Both the S & P and DOW finished the week up over 1%. One days loss figure doesn't mean much when you start the day off with record highs. MICEX, the Russian exchange is down another 2% bringing the monetary loss up to over 70 billion.

Last edited:

crybaby.

A really smart president would listen then speak.
Obama speaks then listens, then looks weak.
It's been a major negative of his throughout his presidency.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

crybaby.

You are one major dumb ass so I will type slowly so maybe this won't go over your head again the original point of this thread was because of the different reactions from the S&P and the Russian stocks Obama had achieved some kind of victory over Putin all I did was point out Putin got what he wanted he is not going to give it up and these stock reactions are not going to change that. I can't make it any more plain, clear, or simpler for you if this is still over your head seek help.

Can you imagine how knee deep in blood soaked wars the US would be now if McCain or Romney won? The whole swath of Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan would be a GOP sinkhole of American blood and treasure, while the armchair warriors , aka neoconservatives, lick their fingers clean of our boys' blood, having feasted upon their flesh.

Can you imagine how knee deep in blood soaked wars the US would be now if McCain or Romney won? The whole swath of Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan would be a GOP sinkhole of American blood and treasure, while the armchair warriors , aka neoconservatives, lick their fingers clean of our boys' blood, having feasted upon their flesh.

You like the Vietnam and Korean Wars Dems started? Asshat. :(

Forum List

Back