American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Oh my that's interesting...

Saddam’s Ticking Time Bomb

September 25, 2013 By Daniel Greenfield

c6a2349c-113d-4a9a-86e4-4ca9f2566855_16x9_600x338-450x308.jpg

History is filled with ticking time bombs. The time bombs can be ignored, but they never go away. The rhetoric of even the most talented politicians can reshape whether people hear the ticking, but not whether the bombs will explode.

Saddam was a ticking time bomb.

In 1992, Al Gore accused President George Bush of “a dangerous blindness to the murderous ambitions of a despot.” Eight years later, the Democratic Party platform proclaimed, “As President, Al Gore will not hesitate to use America’s military might against Iraq.”

Three years later, the Democratic Party, which had initiated the most aggressive military action against Iraq since the Gulf War and whose leading lights had repeatedly pledged to get tough on Saddam, had reinvented themselves as the anti-war party.

In 2002, Gore had told the Council on Foreign Relations that Iraq was “a virulent threat in a class by itself.” A year later he was talking that way about George W. Bush.

But did Iraq stop being a virulent threat in a class by itself because Al Gore changed his mind?

When President Clinton called Iraq “a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction,” did that change once his party decided that their political advantage lay in pretending that one of the few countries whose use of chemical weapons against civilians was explicitly documented never had any WMDs?

History marched on. The Democrats used their wartime sabotage to catapult themselves into Congress and the White House and became, as they had been before, the war party. And Saddam’s WMDs that they had joked about in the heady days when Bush was a chimp and Michael Moore was a cinematic genius had not gone away.

The Democratic Party and the liberal establishment put all its weight into attacking the prospect of a president going to war without the approval of the United Nations and ridiculed the idea of WMDs. They turned opposition to war into the highest moral value of their party only to discover that they actually do believe in unilaterally invading places over WMDs.

Now they are trapped in their own web.

The Democratic treason on Iraq has left them stuck in Syria as the time bombs of history tick on.

Saddam?s Ticking Time Bomb | FrontPage Magazine

History is filled with ticking time bombs. The time bombs can be ignored, but they never go away. The rhetoric of even the most talented politicians can reshape whether people hear the ticking, but not whether the bombs will explode.

In 1992, Al Gore accused President George Bush of “a dangerous blindness to the murderous ambitions of a despot.” Eight years later, the Democratic Party platform proclaimed, “As President, Al Gore will not hesitate to use America’s military might against Iraq.”

Three years later, the Democratic Party, which had initiated the most aggressive military action against Iraq since the Gulf War and whose leading lights had repeatedly pledged to get tough on Saddam, had reinvented themselves as the anti-war party.

In 2002, Gore had told the Council on Foreign Relations that Iraq was “a virulent threat in a class by itself.” A year later he was talking that way about George W. Bush.

But did Iraq stop being a virulent threat in a class by itself because Al Gore changed his mind?

When President Clinton called Iraq “a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction,” did that change once his party decided that their political advantage lay in pretending that one of the few countries whose use of chemical weapons against civilians was explicitly documented never had any WMDs?

History marched on. The Democrats used their wartime sabotage to catapult themselves into Congress and the White House and became, as they had been before, the war party. And Saddam’s WMDs that they had joked about in the heady days when Bush was a chimp and Michael Moore was a cinematic genius had not gone away.

The Democratic Party and the liberal establishment put all its weight into attacking the prospect of a president going to war without the approval of the United Nations and ridiculed the idea of WMDs. They turned opposition to war into the highest moral value of their party only to discover that they actually do believe in unilaterally invading places over WMDs.

The Democratic treason on Iraq has left them stuck in Syria as the time bombs of history tick on.

Don't you mean, "...stuck [on] Syria..."?

BTW, I'm against going to war with Syria just as much as I was against going to war with Iraq. So I don't know WTF you're talking about?

In addition, I couldn't help notice how you conveniently omitted the PNAC letter to Bill Clinton, which started the whole regime change in Iraq thing.

Don't you mean, "...stuck [on] Syria..."?

BTW, I'm against going to war with Syria just as much as I was against going to war with Iraq. So I don't know WTF you're talking about?

In addition, I couldn't help notice how you conveniently omitted the PNAC letter to Bill Clinton, which started the whole regime change in Iraq thing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k78TVkbrHHM"]Mr. Billo[/ame], you can email the author. I can't post the whole article so I'm going to pick what "I want"...:whip:

BTW thanks for the bump...LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back