Same bullshit, different decade: What members of the gay rights movement could learn from history

Yea, and here is another of your congregation.

You know, for the seventh time by my count, you keep making my point for me. So, if you are such a Christian as you claim, tolerant and accepting of all, why are you attacking your fellow Christians?

“You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. ... Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.”

Romans 14:10,13

So, pick up your blocks and go home.

I am tolerant, but that doesn't mean I will ever accept bigotry. Why don't you take the Apostle Paul's advice and stop try to legislate stumbling blocks and obstacles in the way of fellow Americans?

Our government recognizing same sex marriage as equal under the law requires no sacrifice or change of lifestyle on your part...NONE. As a matter of fact, it is a positive and helps create a more stable society.

Your definition of bigotry is anyone who doesn't accept your ideals. You seem to think government can force tolerance and quell bigotry.

And if the courts rule in favor of homosexuals, you'll soon hear demands that churches marry gays. You know what? That's an intrusion on my faith, and thusly on my beliefs. You will be asking us to sacrifice our beliefs for a "more stable society."

No, that is YOUR definition because you are trying to justify your bigotry against gays.

Allowing gays the same marriage rights as you and I enjoy takes nothing away from you. It asks nothing of your church and no change of your lifestyle. So the only reason you are left with to deny other Americans rights your enjoy is bigotry.

Hey TemplarKormac,

You claim to be a Christian and take umbrage when someone desecrates your religion.

WHERE is your comments about this?

Post #699
The Rabbi

Romans 3:34 "And when you are buttfucking remember the Lord has blessed it

Ephesians 1:25: So I say to you that lying carnally with men with cool, even better if you picked him up in a swish disco.

Gallatians 5:69: So go thou and commit abomination all across the land, for you honor me thereby.

See, it's in black and white!

Same bullshit different decade What members of the gay rights movement could learn from history Page 70 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Where am I? Well, I'm here, taking the joke. You? Still out of arguments. What kind of Christian do you think I am? What do you want me to do? Burn him at the stake? Spare me your apoplectics.

So desecrating Bible verses is a "joke"? This is a person you stand with. A bigot.

You accuse him of "desecration" yet you've used the Bible as a weapon, which is a far greater offense than faking a Bible verse.

Sit down hypocrite.

HOW could I use the Bible as a weapon, if I am quoting the Bible verbatim? HOW Is it possible?

Hey TemplarKormac,

You claim to be a Christian and take umbrage when someone desecrates your religion.

WHERE is your comments about this?

Post #699
The Rabbi

Romans 3:34 "And when you are buttfucking remember the Lord has blessed it

Ephesians 1:25: So I say to you that lying carnally with men with cool, even better if you picked him up in a swish disco.

Gallatians 5:69: So go thou and commit abomination all across the land, for you honor me thereby.

See, it's in black and white!

Same bullshit different decade What members of the gay rights movement could learn from history Page 70 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Where am I? Well, I'm here, taking the joke. You? Still out of arguments. What kind of Christian do you think I am? What do you want me to do? Burn him at the stake? Spare me your apoplectics.

So desecrating Bible verses is a "joke"? This is a person you stand with. A bigot.

You accuse him of "desecration" yet you've used the Bible as a weapon, which is a far greater offense than faking a Bible verse.

Sit down hypocrite.

HOW could I use the Bible as a weapon, if I am quoting the Bible verbatim? HOW Is it possible?
Because even a dumbshit can quote Scripture.
And you're certainly a dumbshit.

And if the courts rule in favor of homosexuals, you'll soon hear demands that churches marry gays. You know what? That's an intrusion on my faith, and thusly on my beliefs. You will be asking us to sacrifice our beliefs for a "more stable society."

Wrong TK...you already are hearing demands that churches marry gays...but you're not hearing it from the government nor will you ever. The demands are coming from the families and loved ones of their gay brothers and sisters.

Wrong TK...you already are hearing demands that churches marry gays...but you're not hearing it from the government nor will you ever. The demands are coming from the families and loved ones of their gay brothers and sisters.
You will never heard demands that people violate their religious beliefs to accomodate gays.
Oh wait, we have.
The Solicitor General himself admitted in court that religious institutions will find themselves in trouble if gay marriage is legal.

You will never heard demands that people violate their religious beliefs to accomodate gays.
Oh wait, we have.
The Solicitor General himself admitted in court that religious institutions will find themselves in trouble if gay marriage is legal.

The courts have already upheld religious exemptions.

Oh wait, we have.

Wrong. Just ask the bakers in Oregon.

Oh wait, we have.

They were not a religious institution. They were a business.

Oh wait, we have.

They had religious inclinations and what they were asked to do violated that.
This is typical and why I have you on ignore.
Me: Gays will demand accomodation from religious institutions.
NYCarb: No courts have protected thsoe rights.
Me: No, the bakers in Oregon had to close their shop.
NYCarb: Well they deserved it!

Oh wait, we have.

They had religious inclinations and what they were asked to do violated that.
This is typical and why I have you on ignore.
Me: Gays will demand accomodation from religious institutions.
NYCarb: No courts have protected thsoe rights.
Me: No, the bakers in Oregon had to close their shop.
NYCarb: Well they deserved it!

The courts protect institutions whose primary functions are religious.

The court has also decided in that past that religion cannot be used by people to make up their own set of laws.

Oh wait, we have.

He was not talking about churches. Churches will never be forced by the government to perform rituals or ceremonies against the tenants of their faith. The SG was referring to religious schools like Bob Jones University that had their tax exempt status taken from them because of their policies regarding interracial marriage.

(Which, once again, proves that it is the same bullshit, different decade)

Oh wait, we have.

He was not talking about churches. Churches will never be forced by the government to perform rituals or ceremonies against the tenants of their faith. The SG was referring to religious schools like Bob Jones University that had their tax exempt status taken from them because of their policies regarding interracial marriage.

(Which, once again, proves that it is the same bullshit, different decade)
Actually he was referring to schools like Notre Dame University, that will be forced to put gay couples in married student housing and the like.
Yeah, same bullshit different decade. Gays will shut down any person or any institution that disagrees with them. Free speech and free association will be a thing of the past. They are worse than ISIS.

Yeah, same bullshit different decade. Gays will shut down any person or any institution that disagrees with them. Free speech and free association will be a thing of the past. They are worse than ISIS.

You have compared the LGBT community to the NAZIs; a party based on bigotry who placed homosexuals in concentration camps, and ISIS; an ultra-conservative religious group who murders homosexuals.

You have just defined 'stupid'

By using to silence and disparage those who disagree with same sex marriage. You can quote those verses word for word, but it is still you using the Bible as a weapon.

You have compared the LGBT community to the NAZIs; a party based on bigotry who placed homosexuals in concentration camps, and ISIS; an ultra-conservative religious group who murders homosexuals.

Well, what do you have that proves to the contrary, bellboy?

Yea, and here is another of your congregation.

You know, for the seventh time by my count, you keep making my point for me. So, if you are such a Christian as you claim, tolerant and accepting of all, why are you attacking your fellow Christians?

“You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. ... Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.”

Romans 14:10,13

So, pick up your blocks and go home.

I am tolerant, but that doesn't mean I will ever accept bigotry. Why don't you take the Apostle Paul's advice and stop try to legislate stumbling blocks and obstacles in the way of fellow Americans?

Our government recognizing same sex marriage as equal under the law requires no sacrifice or change of lifestyle on your part...NONE. As a matter of fact, it is a positive and helps create a more stable society.

Your definition of bigotry is anyone who doesn't accept your ideals. You seem to think government can force tolerance and quell bigotry.

No, that is YOUR definition because you are trying to justify your bigotry against gays.

Allowing gays the same marriage rights as you and I enjoy takes nothing away from you. It asks nothing of your church and no change of your lifestyle. So the only reason you are left with to deny other Americans rights your enjoy is bigotry.

If I had a dollar for every time you called me a bigot in this thread...

I don't want to deny anyone anything (that has to be the billionth time I've had to make that clear). I think same sex marriage is wrong. But I've also supported it as far as the law goes. You don't know me, bellboy. Not one damn thing.

So, you call me a bigot, yet here you are, just as intolerant and bigoted of my faith. I am a Christian first and foremost. That does not automatically make me a bigot. What part of that doesn't get through that thick head of yours?

You spew your hatred and talking points, but you fail to make your case.

What name do we give people that used the bible to justify segregation, slavery and anti miscegenation?

Forum List

Back