Same bullshit, different decade: What members of the gay rights movement could learn from history

And I'm a phony Christan for not accepting gay marriage? How dare you? You don't get to dictate my relationship with God.

This is the fourth time you have made my point. You are so intolerant of my beliefs that you are attempting to change them to suit yours. Butt out.
There is no such thing as 'gay marriage,' there is only one marriage law in each of the 50 states that can accommodate either same- or opposite-sex couples.

Consequently, you oppose recognizing the due process and equal protection rights of gay Americans by seeking to disadvantage them through force of law, and in doing so rendering them unequal to everyone else in violation of the 14th Amendment – an act of hate inconsistent with Christian dogma; whether you acknowledge this hatred or not is immaterial.

Indeed, advocating for the right of gay Americans to access marriage law in no way conflicts with Christian dogma, as millions of Christians who recognize the right of same-sex couples to marry demonstrate, correctly understanding that they remain at liberty to not allow same-sex couples to marry in accordance with their religious marriage rituals, separate and apart from the Constitutional case law compelling the states to accommodate same-sex couples as a matter of civil law.

Christians may support the right of gay Americans to marry as a matter of secular law while at the same time oppose their marriage in the context of religious doctrine and dogma.
You contradicted yourself in the first paragraph.
If there is one marriage law that applies equally then there is no discrimination.
Game. Set. Match.

That's not what he said.

A marriage law that is gender specific is no different than a marriage law that is race specific. Both discriminate.
A law that only allows one to marry someone of the opposite sex is just as discriminatory as a law that only allows one to marry someone of a specific race.

...and we know what happened to the latter.
There is no discrimination. Can women marry under the law? Yes. Can men marry under the law? Yes.
Quit trying to prove something that doesnt exist. It makes you look stupid.
Rabbi continues with that ridiculous argument

If you just stop being gay, you can have the same rights as others

Whoever said I had any intention of forcing my faith on anyone? See, this is what you don't get about me. I support the right for gays to marry under the LAW OF MAN, but under the law of God? I will fight against it in my faith with every ounce and fiber of my being. You better believe it.

No one is asking for the church to sanction same sex marriage. It is a civil rights and constitutional issue.

Every American has a right to be treated equally under the law, including the marriage laws and commerce laws.

Whoever said I had any intention of forcing my faith on anyone? See, this is what you don't get about me. I support the right for gays to marry under the LAW OF MAN, but under the law of God? I will fight against it in my faith with every ounce and fiber of my being. You better believe it.

No one is asking for the church to sanction same sex marriage. It is a civil rights and constitutional issue.

Every American has a right to be treated equally under the law, including the marriage laws and commerce laws.
No one is asking businesses to give up their principles.
No one is telling companies who they can't hire.

Well, yeah they lied about those things. They're lying about this now. The Solicitor General already agreed in court that if gay marriage passes institutions with a religious character, like Notre Dame, will be in serious trouble.

Well, yeah they lied about those things. They're lying about this now. The Solicitor General already agreed in court that if gay marriage passes institutions with a religious character, like Notre Dame, will be in serious trouble.
Norte Dame is a religious institution....they will not be impacted

More fear Mongering from conservatives

Your words for the day...

public accommodation

Privately-owned/operated businesses and buildings. Privately-owned businesses and facilities that offer certain goods or services to the public -- including food, lodging, gasoline, and entertainment -- are considered public accommodations for purposes of federal and state anti-discrimination laws. - See more at: Discrimination in Public Accommodations - FindLaw

Norte Dame is a religious institution....they will not be impacted

More fear Mongering from conservatives
So who is right, you or Donald Verrelli?

public accommodation

Privately-owned/operated businesses and buildings. Privately-owned businesses and facilities that offer certain goods or services to the public -- including food, lodging, gasoline, and entertainment -- are considered public accommodations for purposes of federal and state anti-discrimination laws. - See more at: Discrimination in Public Accommodations - FindLaw
Irrelevant.
Next.

public accommodation

Irrelevant.
Next.

How is it "irrelevant"?

public accommodation

Irrelevant.
Next.

How is it "irrelevant"?
Because it isnt relevant. How dense are you?

public accommodation

Irrelevant.
Next.

How is it "irrelevant"?

Well. if you own a business, and break the law, the "relevance" will become clear...crystal.

public accommodation

Irrelevant.
Next.

How is it "irrelevant"?

Well. if you own a business, and break the law, the "relevance" will become clear...crystal.
Everything the Nazis did was legal too. Duh.

public accommodation

Irrelevant.
Next.

How is it "irrelevant"?

Don't worry Rabbi, you are safe...as long as you stay where you are...in mommy's basement...

BTW, I am going to exercise my right created by right wing turds...

Your argument has been deemed null and void via "Godwin's law"

Irrelevant.
Next.

How is it "irrelevant"?

Don't worry Rabbi, you are safe...as long as you stay where you are...in mommy's basement...
Your surrender here is acknowledged and accepted.

How is it "irrelevant"?

Your surrender here is acknowledged and accepted.

Yeah, you tell 'em, fake Rabbi!!! You get 'em!!! Fuckin' eh!!!! Yeah, let's roll!!!!!

Hey TemplarKormac,

You claim to be a Christian and take umbrage when someone desecrates your religion.

WHERE is your comments about this?

Post #699
The Rabbi

Romans 3:34 "And when you are buttfucking remember the Lord has blessed it

Ephesians 1:25: So I say to you that lying carnally with men with cool, even better if you picked him up in a swish disco.

Gallatians 5:69: So go thou and commit abomination all across the land, for you honor me thereby.

See, it's in black and white!

Same bullshit different decade What members of the gay rights movement could learn from history Page 70 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Where am I? Well, I'm here, taking the joke. You? Still out of arguments. What kind of Christian do you think I am? What do you want me to do? Burn him at the stake? Spare me your apoplectics.

Yea, and here is another of your congregation.

You know, for the seventh time by my count, you keep making my point for me. So, if you are such a Christian as you claim, tolerant and accepting of all, why are you attacking your fellow Christians?

“You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. ... Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.”

Romans 14:10,13

So, pick up your blocks and go home.

Hey TemplarKormac,

You claim to be a Christian and take umbrage when someone desecrates your religion.

Post #699
The Rabbi

Ephesians 1:25: So I say to you that lying carnally with men with cool, even better if you picked him up in a swish disco.

Gallatians 5:69: So go thou and commit abomination all across the land, for you honor me thereby.

Same bullshit different decade What members of the gay rights movement could learn from history Page 70 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Where am I? Well, I'm here, taking the joke. You? Still out of arguments. What kind of Christian do you think I am? What do you want me to do? Burn him at the stake? Spare me your apoplectics.

So desecrating Bible verses is a "joke"? This is a person you stand with. A bigot.

You know, for the seventh time by my count, you keep making my point for me. So, if you are such a Christian as you claim, tolerant and accepting of all, why are you attacking your fellow Christians?

“You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. ... Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.”

I am tolerant, but that doesn't mean I will ever accept bigotry. Why don't you take the Apostle Paul's advice and stop try to legislate stumbling blocks and obstacles in the way of fellow Americans?

Our government recognizing same sex marriage as equal under the law requires no sacrifice or change of lifestyle on your part...NONE. As a matter of fact, it is a positive and helps create a more stable society.

Hey TemplarKormac,

Post #699
The Rabbi

So desecrating Bible verses is a "joke"? This is a person you stand with. A bigot.

You accuse him of "desecration" yet you've used the Bible as a weapon, which is a far greater offense than faking a Bible verse.

Sit down hypocrite.

I am tolerant, but that doesn't mean I will ever accept bigotry. Why don't you take the Apostle Paul's advice and stop try to legislate stumbling blocks and obstacles in the way of fellow Americans?

Our government recognizing same sex marriage as equal under the law requires no sacrifice or change of lifestyle on your part...NONE. As a matter of fact, it is a positive and helps create a more stable society.

Your definition of bigotry is anyone who doesn't accept your ideals. You seem to think government can force tolerance and quell bigotry.

And if the courts rule in favor of homosexuals, you'll soon hear demands that churches marry gays. You know what? That's an intrusion on my faith, and thusly on my beliefs. You will be asking us to sacrifice our beliefs for a "more stable society."

Forum List

Back