San Diego starts cleansing sidewalks, streets to combat hepatitis A

The city needs to ban sleeping in public and other aspects of homelessness. The homeless should be given free homes, or rooms in halfway houses, and arrested if found living on the street.
ban being homeless

wow, that's the dumbest thing posted on the internet this week.

The city needs to ban sleeping in public and other aspects of homelessness. The homeless should be given free homes, or rooms in halfway houses, and arrested if found living on the street.
ban being homeless

Why's it dumb? Are you too stupid to explain why something is dumb?
If I need to explain it to you.....

but what the heck.

Where would a banned homeless person go?

How do you make being poor against the law?

seriously, it's like you would kick a cripple out of their chain for leaving marks on the sidewalk.

The problem is everywhere now.

Anaheim struggles with growing homeless crisis at river camp
Associated Press
AMY TAXIN 1 hour 50 minutes ago

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — The row of tents and tarps stretches two miles along the parched riverbed and houses hundreds of homeless. The garbage-strewn strip is also the site of a popular bike path where cyclists in colorful gear zoom by those seeking food, a shower or a job.

Over the past two years, the trail that cuts through the heart of Southern California's Orange County has become the site of a ballooning homeless encampment that officials say has been fueled by exorbitant housing costs, mental illness and drug use.

Amid an uproar from residents, the city of Anaheim declared an emergency Wednesday in an attempt to cope with the crisis and speed the addition of shelter beds. A day earlier, Orange County officials passed a measure to step up police patrols.

"It has grown to a number where they can't just go in and enforce the anti-camping (ordinance) because you can't in one fell swoop find a bed for every one of these people," said Mike Lyster, a city spokesman.

Anaheim struggles with growing homeless crisis at river camp

Our poor, our homeless are the canaries in the coal mine for the middle class.

Give them all free coffee. That should keep them awake and moving around a lot.

ban being homeless

Why's it dumb? Are you too stupid to explain why something is dumb?
If I need to explain it to you.....

but what the heck.

Where would a banned homeless person go?

How do you make being poor against the law?

seriously, it's like you would kick a cripple out of their chain for leaving marks on the sidewalk.

Me: "The homeless should be given free homes, or rooms in halfway houses, and arrested if found living on the street."

You, the idiot: "Where would a banned homeless person go? "

Our poor, our homeless are the canaries in the coal mine for the middle class.

These people are one or more of the following:

Mentally ill
Alcoholic
Drug addict.

They are not mom and pops who were one or two paychecks away from being homeless.

These people are one or more of the following:

Mentally ill
Alcoholic
Drug addict.

They are not mom and pops who were one or two paychecks away from being homeless.

Granted, a lot of them have mental problems, but don't most people? How do you know some of them aren't moms and pops one or two paychecks from being homeless. Pop could need heart surgery, and, before he can get back to work, he's homeless.

And, so what if they're all mentally ill or addicts?

By me I've noticed they are mostly young 20'ish people that look able enough to do menial labor, but probably just don't feel like doing it.

I've even noticed some young, even pregnant, women panhandling. The young women can pay rent in trade, if nothing else. The pregnant women have a welfare system that will take care of all their needs. Lots of homeless men claim to be vets, but the government will help them get housing of they really are vets. I have no doubt many panhandlers have homes, they just find asking for money to be an easy way to make money.
I heard one guy, who panhandles, has his chauffeur pick him up in a Rolls at the end of the day.

Nice attempt at argumentum ad absurdum, but my point is the people I see panhandling by the highway by my house look like they are young and fit enough to at least work as day laborers.
They can probably make more panhandling.

I saw a story of one dude...he stood at a corner all day. That evening, he packed up his stuff and carried his ratty duffel bag and cardboard sign into a parking garage.

He then tossed it and his coat in the trunk of his Avalon and drove home.

By me I've noticed they are mostly young 20'ish people that look able enough to do menial labor, but probably just don't feel like doing it.

I've even noticed some young, even pregnant, women panhandling. The young women can pay rent in trade, if nothing else. The pregnant women have a welfare system that will take care of all their needs. Lots of homeless men claim to be vets, but the government will help them get housing of they really are vets. I have no doubt many panhandlers have homes, they just find asking for money to be an easy way to make money.
I heard one guy, who panhandles, has his chauffeur pick him up in a Rolls at the end of the day.

Nice attempt at argumentum ad absurdum, but my point is the people I see panhandling by the highway by my house look like they are young and fit enough to at least work as day laborers.

I saw a story of one dude...he stood at a corner all day. That evening, he packed up his stuff and carried his ratty duffel bag and cardboard sign into a parking garage.

We've all heard those stories....I wonder how many of our street corner panhandlers apply.

I will say this....here in SoCal....I get very suspicious when almost all our streetcorner panhandlers hold the same size piece of cardboard using the same clear to read black writing and it looks to all be in the same handwriting.

The corner store had a sale on those stencils?

And heard? I WATCHED the dude drive his car out of the parking garage! (Which was, IIRC, $16/day.)

I will say this....here in SoCal....I get very suspicious when almost all our streetcorner panhandlers hold the same size piece of cardboard using the same clear to read black writing and it looks to all be in the same handwriting.

Yes, panhandler signs seem to be very similar. I don't think that means much, other than it's a good way to make a cheap sign.

Maybe, but the other issue you run into is panhandlers fighting over choice locations. Although to be honest by the corner I am talking about it seems 3-4 different people work it in shifts.

We've all heard those stories....I wonder how many of our street corner panhandlers apply.

Organized panhandling?

It's sad that I am not too surprised.

Organized panhandling?

Probably more like a scam group, like those religious groups that dress in white and stand in front of businesses.

Organized panhandling?

Probably more like a scam group, like those religious groups that dress in white and stand in front of businesses.

Never heard of the dressed in white ones. in NYC we have fake buddhist monks. They shove a prayer bracelet in your hand and expect $$, all without talking.

Forum List

Back