San Fransico Raises Min-wage to $15. Results in THIS:

That's a smart move. The result will not be good for those in the food service industry.

So, let me ask my fellow posters, what should the minimum wage be in San Francisco?
Question two, do you folks also complain about people on Food Stamps?

So, let me ask my fellow posters, what should the minimum wage be in San Francisco?

The same as everywhere else, $0.

Most businesses cannot afford to pay $15 hr.
Many of those who began to get $15 asked to cut the number of hrs they work so they don't loose benefits from the state.

and consumers will have to pay more for everything

They can pay whatever the fuck they want, as long as the san Francisco utopia bullshit doesn't become federal law.

They want to pay 18 year olds $15.00 an hour, be my guest. I can avoid the place which I already do anyway.

Most businesses cannot afford to pay $15 hr.
Many of those who began to get $15 asked to cut the number of hrs they work so they don't loose benefits from the state.

and consumers will have to pay more for everything

Better to pay low wages and subsidize the employers? lol

76% of Americans were for raising the minimum wage, looking at that 76%, it included Republicans.
The Republicans wouldn't bring it to vote. They claimed that it would cause inflation and cause unemployment. However, neither has ever happened. Go lookup the dates when the minimum wage took effect, then look as t historic inflation (CPI) and historic unemploymen numbers. There was absolutely no spikes with inflation and unemployment numbers. The GOP lied their heads off.
Secondly, according to the conservative Cato Institute said that raising the minimum wage benefits 70% of the middle class.
Now let's come to something very current. During the 2014 election,the GOP ran on boosting the middle class, they didn't raise the minimum wage, but they did help the wealthiest 0.02% with their death tax legislation. Today, the GOP's favorability is at a 18 year low. They broke their promise to the middle class who has been spinning their wheels for decades,not a smart move. That demographic is getting pissed (see Sanders huge crowds in even Red States).
Now back to San Francisco, it's an expensive city, this doom and gloom protests by our posters reminds me of when Seattle went to $15 per hour. People here made some pretty dire predictions about businesse closing. But none of it happened. As a matter of fact, Seattle had a record number of new restaurant openings.
Kool-aid drinking makes people stupid.

Last edited:

For 80 years you Klowns have been wrong about Min wage Bubs (as well as EVERYTHING else in your "reality")...

The only people the republicans give two shits about is the corporations and 1%! Fuck everyone else.

Well lets see how long it takes businesses to automate everything. Would be cheaper than paying someone $15 and hour especially if you employ a lot of people.

Automation ruined it for the Auto makers. Lets see how long it takes to ruin it for every employable person out there.

It would be expensive to start with but would pay for itself in no time.

No one would have a job. Welcome to the world of idiots who want to up minimum wage.

For 80 years you Klowns have been wrong about Min wage Bubs (as well as EVERYTHING else in your "reality")...
Kiwi is a liberal, so yea, you got it right in one posting, for a change

With or without a minimum wage law it just makes sense that in a town where a studio apartment rents for $3,000/month you are not going to have service employees if they are not paid a whole lot more than $7.25/hr.

There is a worker problem in several of these high salary Silicon Valley communities. How much do you have to pay people to work in dry cleaners and gas stations if they have to commute to these jobs in towns they can't afford to live in?

The Bay Area is an extremely expensive place to live.
$15 an hour is nothing there. When I graduated from high school I was living in Palo Alto and my summer job paid $3 more than the minimum wage in the early 80s.

All this increase in the minimum wage is accomplishing is two things:

- Less minimum wage jobs, which has an inordinate impact on teenagers who are denied the opportunity to develop good work habits.

- To make fast food and other high labor local good and services Much More Expensive, which impacts poor people the most.

Hopenchange!

Forum List

Back