Sanders just submitted college for all bill.

No. It is a tax on all stock trades. Higher costs for my mutual funds takes money away from my retirement.
If your broker is an idiot. If he's smart, he'll eat those costs himself, then write them off as a loss. Kind of like when a retailer hides the sales tax in the cost of the widget you're buying.

When the broker writes the tax off as a loss doesn't that give him a tax break? Sales taxes are not hidden in the cost of widgets. That is against the law.

When the broker writes the tax off as a loss doesn't that give him a tax break?

I want to know which brokers are going to take tens of billions in losses every year.
So I can short their stock.

Which brokers make "tens of billions" a year, much less make trillions so that a fraction of a percentage per transaction would result in "tens of billions" a year in losses?

Y'all are ridiculous.

Which brokers make "tens of billions" a year,

Well, Goldman made about $8 billion last year.
I'm sure they'd be glad to "write them off as a loss", to pay this idiotic tax.

much less make trillions so that a fraction of a percentage per transaction would result in "tens of billions" a year in losses?

Why are you confusing profits, "make trillions", with a tax on the trades of clients?
It's almost as if you have no clue about how this would work.

It could work one of two ways. They could do what they always do and pass the fees on to the clients, or they could be intelligent and absorb those fees themselves. If they were intelligent, they could even market themselves as "the guys who don't pass the fees on to our clients."

Then again, if "intelligent" and "broker" were comfortable in the same sentence, they wouldn't have caused the Crash of '08...

Hey the hedge fund group can afford this with no problem, just pennies to them. I do find fault with it costing nothing to go to college, when people get something for free, they misuse it. Look at the rick college kids as compared to the ones who are working their way through school or taking out loans.

College needs to be available for all kids who want to go though. I do not want to see an increase in property taxes, state income taxes, or sales tax to pay for this or any tax burden on the tax payers of a state. I am afraid this is what is going to happen. The rich can buy favors in congress and always get out of paying taxes, the middle income can not.

If your broker is an idiot. If he's smart, he'll eat those costs himself, then write them off as a loss. Kind of like when a retailer hides the sales tax in the cost of the widget you're buying.

When the broker writes the tax off as a loss doesn't that give him a tax break? Sales taxes are not hidden in the cost of widgets. That is against the law.

I want to know which brokers are going to take tens of billions in losses every year.

Which brokers make "tens of billions" a year, much less make trillions so that a fraction of a percentage per transaction would result in "tens of billions" a year in losses?

Y'all are ridiculous.

much less make trillions so that a fraction of a percentage per transaction would result in "tens of billions" a year in losses?

Why are you confusing profits, "make trillions", with a tax on the trades of clients?

It could work one of two ways. They could do what they always do and pass the fees on to the clients, or they could be intelligent and absorb those fees themselves. If they were intelligent, they could even market themselves as "the guys who don't pass the fees on to our clients."

Then again, if "intelligent" and "broker" were comfortable in the same sentence, they wouldn't have caused the Crash of '08...

They could do what they always do and pass the fees on to the clients, or they could be intelligent and absorb those fees themselves.

Let's examine your "idea".
I buy 200 shares of a $50 stock at Ameritrade.
I pay $9.99 in commissions.
The tax is $50. You think it'd be a good idea for Ameritrade to "absorb" the tax?
Looks like a giant loser for Ameritrade, but I'm sure you can show how it would work.

Were you a broker in 2008? LOL!

Hey the hedge fund group can afford this with no problem, just pennies to them. I do find fault with it costing nothing to go to college, when people get something for free, they misuse it. Look at the rick college kids as compared to the ones who are working their way through school or taking out loans.

College needs to be available for all kids who want to go though. I do not want to see an increase in property taxes, state income taxes, or sales tax to pay for this or any tax burden on the tax payers of a state. I am afraid this is what is going to happen. The rich can buy favors in congress and always get out of paying taxes, the middle income can not.

Hey the hedge fund group can afford this with no problem, just pennies to them.

0.5% on stock trades is pennies? LOL!

$0.005 per transaction? A fraction of a penny, actually.

Depends on how much on puts in. I really could careless about the rich elites.

$0.005 per transaction?

Clueless and can't read?

Fully Paid for by Imposing a Robin Hood Tax on Wall Street.
This legislation is offset by imposing a Wall Street speculation fee on investment houses, hedge fund
s, and other speculators of 0.5% on stock trades (50 cents for every $100 worth of stock), a 0.1% fee
on bonds, and a 0.005% fee on derivatives
. It has been estimated that this provision could
raise hundreds of billions a year which could be used not only to make tuition free at public colleges
and universities in this country, it could also be used to create millions of jobs and rebuild the
middle class of this country.

Sanders just submitted college for all bill. | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

LOL!

I know. Like those rich guys putting a couple hundred into their 401K every month.
Screw them!!!

$0.005 per transaction?

Clueless and can't read?

This legislation is offset by imposing a Wall Street speculation fee on investment houses, hedge fund
s, and other speculators of 0.5% on stock trades (50 cents for every $100 worth of stock), a 0.1% fee
raise hundreds of billions a year which could be used not only to make tuition free at public colleges
and universities in this country, it could also be used to create millions of jobs and rebuild the

Sanders just submitted college for all bill. | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

LOL!

Speculators. Maybe if you were smart enough to choose your own stocks...

I know. Like those rich guys putting a couple hundred into their 401K every month.
Screw them!!!

No not talking about them. I'm talking about the ones putting a few million in a month. Or likes Bill Gates , makes more in a min of sleep than most of us make in a lifetime.

$0.005 per transaction?

Clueless and can't read?

LOL!

Speculators. Maybe if you were smart enough to choose your own stocks...

Well, if he said he was going to tax everyone's 401K and mutual fund, even morons like you would understand.

Screw them!!!

No not talking about them. I'm talking about the ones putting a few million in a month. Or likes Bill Gates , makes more in a min of sleep than most of us make in a lifetime.

No not talking about them.

So it's okay that Sanders taxes Mom and Pop.

Y'all are ridiculous.

They could do what they always do and pass the fees on to the clients, or they could be intelligent and absorb those fees themselves.

The tax is $50. You think it'd be a good idea for Ameritrade to "absorb" the tax?
Looks like a giant loser for Ameritrade, but I'm sure you can show how it would work.

Screen-shot-2013-08-27-at-4.57.06-PM.png

We need to do something about the cost of education as well. And medical care.

Y'all are ridiculous.

Yes, Ameritrade can do it:

The chief executive of discount brokerage firm TD Ameritrade Holding Corp AMTD.N has signed a four-year employment agreement guaranteeing an annual base salary of $900,000 and target annual cash and stock incentives of $5.6 million through October 1, 2017.

The new contract for Fredric Tomczyk, effective at the start of the company's fiscal year in October, replaces a five-year agreement signed when he became CEO in 2008, the Omaha, Nebraska-based firm said in a regulatory filing on Thursday. Terms of the new contract are largely unchanged.

Tomczyk, who played varsity ice hockey at Cornell University will be reimbursed for moving expenses related to his relocation to Canada when his employment ends with the company, according to the new contract. He currently lives in New York City and works from TD Ameritrade offices in New Jersey.

The new employment contract covers car service transportation to and from work as well as the private plane business travel coverage that was in his previous contract.

Tomczyk's 2012 pay package totaled $6.5 million, including base salary of $700,000, and stock and incentive awards of $5.8 million. He was also granted $4.8 million worth of restricted future stock for his fiscal 2012 performance.TD Ameritrade CEO Tomczyk signs new contract at $6.5 million a year

But of course I imagine he s-----ts ice cream.

Awesome idea! What will we do when trading operations relocate to London or Frankfurt?
Over a 0.05% fee? Not gonna happen.

Over a 0.05% fee?

Ummmmm.......

0.5% on stock trades

Perhaps you need a math class?

It has been estimated that this provision could raise hundreds of billions a year

Yes, hundreds of billions a year would be a great incentive to move operations.
Hundreds of billions? Some one might want to check their math. I mean .5% of the entire us economy is 90 billion.

Maybe we should of bailed out the student loans instead of the banks in 08. they are once again TOOO Big to Fail, yep.

Forum List

Back