🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sanders: Universal Healthcare and Free College Aren’t Radical Ideas, They Are ‘Human Rights’

Now I have to worry because government (Obama) forced restaurants to spend all kinds of money so they can put calorie count on each item in their menu. Gee, I didn't know McDonald's food was not healthy for me without government!!!!!
Free market work better with information .
How is that different from getting the specs of a computer or a refrigerator you are buying ? Huh?

Because I already did my homework when buying a refrigerator or computer on the internet, just as I could do the same about where I eat. The difference is that I don't care what's in my McDonald's food because I know it's not good for you, but I want it anyway.

"Folks, liberals measure success by intent while conservatives measure success by results.
Rush Limbaugh
Well, it's not just about McDonald's it's about all restaurants. I think such measures can help you decide, even if your decision is to have a high calorie intake. I see no harm there.
You see no harm in imposing billions of dollars on companies in compliance costs that have to be paid by someone? This is why you're a lib!
Billions ? For what putting the calorie count and nutritional information of their menu ? Give me a break .
First year compliance costs were put at over $500M. You lose.
Obamacare’s Menu Labeling Law: The Food Police Are Coming

Single payer health care would cover everyone for less than we are paying now.

How can we expect to stay on top of the world economy if we treat education as an extra cost option?

The problem that not everyone would be paying. It would still involve many, many, many getting but not doing their part.

But that's not a reflection of the health care system. It's a reflection of the fact American women are more likely genetically to get breast cancer, than Japanese women.

The fact is, if you get breast cancer, your survival rate is higher in the US, than in Japan. You have a greater chance of dying from breast cancer in Japan, than you have in the US.

And this is exactly why the left will generally focus on absolutely any possible statistic other than survival rates. Because every time you look at survival rates, which is a direct measurement of the health care system, that measurement shows the quality of the US system.
Yes, I understand your point. The US has higher incidence of cancer, but this is not purely genetical, it also has to do with lifestyle: obesity and sedentarism are more pervasive in the US.
Even if life expectancy in the US was the highest in the world, discarding violence , healthcare is still two or three times higher than in other developed countries.

So what are you implying ? We have a shorter lifespan and spend the triple in healthcare , because we have more guns , more poverty , an unhealthy lifestyle and god forbid the government in meddling with us because that's the way we like it! That is freedom!!

Well, that seems completely irrational.

Anyway , Just look at the prices of different procedures in the US and compare them with other countries, it doesn't take a genius to notice prices are a lot higher in the US for the exact same procedures.

How is that different from getting the specs of a computer or a refrigerator you are buying ? Huh?

Because I already did my homework when buying a refrigerator or computer on the internet, just as I could do the same about where I eat. The difference is that I don't care what's in my McDonald's food because I know it's not good for you, but I want it anyway.

"Folks, liberals measure success by intent while conservatives measure success by results.
Rush Limbaugh
Well, it's not just about McDonald's it's about all restaurants. I think such measures can help you decide, even if your decision is to have a high calorie intake. I see no harm there.
You see no harm in imposing billions of dollars on companies in compliance costs that have to be paid by someone? This is why you're a lib!
Billions ? For what putting the calorie count and nutritional information of their menu ? Give me a break .
Billions? Billions (plural ) would imply at leat 2,000 M. Learn some math.

Rush Limbaugh
I see logic fails with you. If first year costs are $500M then the lifetime cost of compliance (restaurants open, close, and change menus frequently) will run billions.

But that's not a reflection of the health care system. It's a reflection of the fact American women are more likely genetically to get breast cancer, than Japanese women.

The fact is, if you get breast cancer, your survival rate is higher in the US, than in Japan. You have a greater chance of dying from breast cancer in Japan, than you have in the US.

And this is exactly why the left will generally focus on absolutely any possible statistic other than survival rates. Because every time you look at survival rates, which is a direct measurement of the health care system, that measurement shows the quality of the US system.
Yes, I understand your point. The US has higher incidence of cancer, but this is not purely genetical, it also has to do with lifestyle: obesity and sedentarism are more pervasive in the US.
Even if life expectancy in the US was the highest in the world, discarding violence , healthcare is still two or three times higher than in other developed countries.

So what are you implying ? We have a shorter lifespan and spend the triple in healthcare , because we have more guns , more poverty , an unhealthy lifestyle and god forbid the government in meddling with us because that's the way we like it! That is freedom!!

Well, that seems completely irrational.

Anyway , Just look at the prices of different procedures in the US and compare them with other countries, it doesn't take a genius to notice prices are a lot higher in the US for the exact same procedures.

Yes Americans have a different lifestyle from Europeans, which would account for most of the discrepencies in longevity and overall health. Quality of healthcare system is not a factor. Thanks for admitting your first assertion was wrong.
So since Americans are generally less healthy it is hardly surprising we spend more than Europeans on healthcare. We probably use more gallons of gas per capita as well.

Single payer health care would cover everyone for less than we are paying now.

How can we expect to stay on top of the world economy if we treat education as an extra cost option?

The problem that not everyone would be paying. It would still involve many, many, many getting but not doing their part.
There is a cost/benefit to these policies. You are just looking at the cost. I think the benefits would exceed the cost.

Now I have to worry because government (Obama) forced restaurants to spend all kinds of money so they can put calorie count on each item in their menu. Gee, I didn't know McDonald's food was not healthy for me without government!!!!!

Rush Limbaugh

You see no harm when your President imposes mandates on businesses for personal reasons and not because the public wants it? Will you say the same thing if we end up with a Republican President that does the same, sort of a fine for people that don't own a firearm?

I see logic fails with you. If first year costs are $500M then the lifetime cost of compliance (restaurants open, close, and change menus frequently) will run billions.
Indeed, but those "billions" are spread over time. In this case 4 years. 500 M is probably too high... Hmm, if it's really that high, then it's a good idea for an app. I'll write it down, thanks.

If college and healthcare are human rights...why isn't warm clothing......and food.....and shoes......or should the federal government go into those businesses as well.

Rush Limbaugh

You see no harm when your President imposes mandates on businesses for personal reasons and not because the public wants it? Will you say the same thing if we end up with a Republican President that does the same, sort of a fine for people that don't own a firearm?
Economics 101.
Perfect Competition Definition | Investopedia
4) Buyers have complete information about the product being sold and the prices charged by each firm
Learn some economics first, and engage in discussion later.

Rush Limbaugh
Advertising has proven to push people into buying things they don't need. If they see an ad on TV, they are more likely to buy it than if they simply saw it in the store with a "sale" sign on it.

Same holds true with restaurants. If people hear the food is not overly healthy, they wont care....but if they see it is not healthy, they will likely be more deterred from eating it.

It is government manipulation of the human thought process just as advertising is.

Indeed, but those "billions" are spread over time. In this case 4 years. 500 M is probably too high... Hmm, if it's really that high, then it's a good idea for an app. I'll write it down, thanks.
Does that somehow make it OK? BTW people are not thinner in NY as a result of those laws. More useless feel good legislation, proving that libs care about intentions, conservatives care about results.

Rush Limbaugh

Economics 101.
4) Buyers have complete information about the product being sold and the prices charged by each firm
your application of the definition of perfect competition is flawed. Having complete information does not include cost of manufacturing, breakdown of the intellectual property, etc.

Complete information refers to expected life of the product, cost to purchase, cost of comparable products in the marlketplace, etc.

I suggest you practice as you preach. Learn first, then discuss.

Rush Limbaugh

Economics 101.
You need to learn logic. Buyers do not have complete information. Housing is a relatively unregulated market, in terms of the real estate market for private homes. Do you know the maker of every piece of wiring in your home? Do you have figures on the drywall thickness? The material composition of the brick? The history of every owner of the home?
No. So according to you there cannot be perfect competitoon.

Rush Limbaugh

Economics 101.
your application of the definition of perfect competition is flawed. Having complete information does not include cost of manufacturing, breakdown of the intellectual property, etc.

Complete information refers to expected life of the product, cost to purchase, cost of comparable products in the marlketplace, etc.

I suggest you practice as you preach. Learb first, then discuss.
Information means factors that a buyer would consider about that particular product. Calorie count is not one of them, althoguh I think many fast food chains do actually have that info online.

If college and healthcare are human rights...why isn't warm clothing......and food.....and shoes......or should the federal government go into those businesses as well.
Indeed , some propose that a basic income to cover all of the above should be a human right.

But the case for education is the strongest one : it allows getting a better job and adquiring new skills when automation shaves jobs from the market, it also makes people more productive.

U.S. Uncut ^ | September 27, 2015 | Hugh Wharton
This interview is amazing.As the Bernie Sanders campaign surges, the socialist senator continues to bring the national conversation back from the right after 30 years of bellicose class war rhetoric. In the clip below, he shames those (including Jeb Bush) who would cut taxes for the rich while stripping Social Security. Sanders states clearly that every other industrialized country invests in their own citizens and children and it’s high time that we followed suit. While Sanders is heavily-criticized for identifying as a democratic socialist, he embraces the label. Sanders says countries that abide by the principles of democratic socialism, like...

f0lGcAa.jpg
Free Health Care And Education are a great idea as long as somebody else pays for it. Nobody is willing to pay for the same level of health care they expect for free. And as far as free education, it's great through high school. If college students have to pay for their education they will be serious about learning. We would see a lot less liberal arts degrees and more degrees that graduates can actually get jobs with.

Rush Limbaugh

Economics 101.
You need to learn logic. Buyers do not have complete information. Housing is a relatively unregulated market, in terms of the real estate market for private homes. Do you know the maker of every piece of wiring in your home? Do you have figures on the drywall thickness? The material composition of the brick? The history of every owner of the home?
No. So according to you there cannot be perfect competitoon.
well...actually, in the real estate market of private residences, there is not and never will be perfect competition.....a home after the first owner, becomes a "used" product and it eliminates all chances of perfect competition.

Rush Limbaugh

Economics 101.

So what are you trying to do, compare buying a Big Mack to buying a new swimming pool or car?

People don't G.A.S about the content of their food when they go to a fast food restaurant. They already know what's in there. And I don't need Moochelle Obama to stand in front of me in line telling me what I should or shouldn't eat.

You Cradle-to-Gravers are going to be the end of this country yet.

Forum List

Back