Santorum: There's 'No Such Thing' As A Liberal Christian

and people who grow two crops in one field must be stoned....

and you should not have intercourse with your wife till 7 days after she stops bleeding.....which is the most fertile time and all

people choice and pick what verses they want to folllow

bazinga!

bummer that they decide to leave out the whole "judge not" parts of the bible. and the give unto caesar what is caesar's part... and the take care of the poor part... and the ... well, you get the picture.

That's the problem....They love to accuse the left for doing those things that go against THEIR vision of a Free Society... Sharing money, power and prestige with the poor and despising governmental laws that promote the same is what they don't like, and they feel it is an affront on their freedom.

To them, that's not how a free society works... but to a liberal Christian... these elements are the most important of the bible. These elements are things systematically wrong with our country.

To them, the sexual issues and the morality of the flesh seems to be their only concern. Perhaps it's because those sins are the ones that they either don't have struggles with, or they are much more capable of hiding it from the general public.

Now.... those two paragraphs are the absolute extremes. There's not a liberal on this board that thinks that the rich should be taxed to the point they are no longer rich. I hope to God that there's not a Conservative on this board that actually wants to dictate our sex lives.

Good old Creepy Ricky.

Always mAking friends and influencing people on behalf of the GOP.

:lol:

and people who grow two crops in one field must be stoned....

and you should not have intercourse with your wife till 7 days after she stops bleeding.....which is the most fertile time and all

people choice and pick what verses they want to folllow

bazinga!

bummer that they decide to leave out the whole "judge not" parts of the bible. and the give unto caesar what is caesar's part... and the take care of the poor part... and the ... well, you get the picture.

Lots and lots of cafeteria Christians running around out there. "I like that part, and I think I'll ignore that one." Zero credibility.

In stark contrast to comments made earlier this week, Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum addressed the issue of now-President Barack Obama's Christian faith in a 2008 interview with the Oxford Centre for Religion and Public Life, Buzzfeed reported Tuesday.

When asked if he believed Obama is a "sincere liberal Christian," the former Pennsylvania senator said he didn't believe that sort of ideology exists, and that Obama's church, United Church of Christ in Chicago, had "abandoned Christendom" and used a non-literal interpretation of the Bible.

"I don't think there is such a thing," he said of Obama as a liberal Christian. "To take what is plainly written and say that 'I don't agree with that, therefore I don't have to pay attention to it,' means you're not what you say you are. You're a liberal something, but you're not a Christian."

More: Rick Santorum Questioned Obama's Faith In 2008, Said There's No Such Thing As A Liberal Christian

Groovy! :clap2:

In stark contrast to comments made earlier this week, Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum addressed the issue of now-President Barack Obama's Christian faith in a 2008 interview with the Oxford Centre for Religion and Public Life, Buzzfeed reported Tuesday.

When asked if he believed Obama is a "sincere liberal Christian," the former Pennsylvania senator said he didn't believe that sort of ideology exists, and that Obama's church, United Church of Christ in Chicago, had "abandoned Christendom" and used a non-literal interpretation of the Bible.

"I don't think there is such a thing," he said of Obama as a liberal Christian. "To take what is plainly written and say that 'I don't agree with that, therefore I don't have to pay attention to it,' means you're not what you say you are. You're a liberal something, but you're not a Christian."

More: Rick Santorum Questioned Obama's Faith In 2008, Said There's No Such Thing As A Liberal Christian

It's true there is no such thing as a "liberal" Christian...

At least how "liberal" is presently defined by the retards who redefined the concept...

I so hope Santorum is the nominee.

He feels the exact same way. And that would be great in the general election.

For the Democrats.

Lord SPARE US ALL from professing Christians who imagine that the old Testament is their guide to religiosity.

Now admittedly there are JEWS equally forking nuts, but the difference between a Jewish religious nutter and a Christian religious nutter is that the Jew won't attempt to impose his religious trip on the rest of us. (unless you happen to live in Israel, of course).

Once again, Santorum tells the unpopular truth.

You either believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, or you don't.

If you don't believe part of it, why should you believe any of it?

If you believe that something was slipped in there that shouldn't have been then you also believe that God couldn't protect His own book, therefore, He is either not all-knowing or not all-powerful.

If you don't believe God has the power to do something so small as protect his own book, how can you possible believe that He did something as enormous and glorious as send His only son to the Virgin Mary to live as a man and die for your sins?

Isn't that the definition of a Christian...one who believes that God sent the Jesus, the Messiah, the Son of God, to teach His children the path of righteousness and sacrifice His earthly life to wash away the sins of man?

So, how does a Christian believe that miracle, but not believe that God has the power to protect the Word of God?

The problem with this is that much of the theology in the Bible is open to interpretation. That is why there are protestants and catholics, and many denominations within protestants. I agree that the Bible should be followed. However, Santorum is starting to sound a bit like Tomas de Torquemada of the Spanish Inquisition.

It's true there is no such thing as a "liberal" Christian...

At least how "liberal" is presently defined by the retards who redefined the concept...

And what are the requisites to being a liberal that are mutually exclusive from and irreconcilable with being a Christian?

Forum List

Back