Santorum Wants to Enslave People Who Have Unconventional Sex

THey can win only in courts because they can persuade queer judges that the will of the people is meaningless.

Actually that's quite false. In the United States there are 6 legal entities that can issue Civil Marriage licenses, in 3 of the 6 Civil Marriages (50%) resulted from Legislative action and not Court orders.

>>>>

I don't think Rabbi actually believes what he's saying, it's just when given the choice between honesty and defending his party he'll choose defending his party.

It'd be like me saying all murder is legal because executioners who end people's lives on death row do it, and it's not for defense. I could then say "all people have the right to murder, as long as they become executioners."

Rabbi you've been answered and put to bed without your supper. It's cute though that you keep coming back. *pats head*

really? So what was your answer as to what rights straight men have that gay men do not have? I seem to have missed that one somewhere.

Rabbi you've been answered and put to bed without your supper. It's cute though that you keep coming back. *pats head*

really? So what was your answer as to what rights straight men have that gay men do not have? I seem to have missed that one somewhere.

The right to marry who they want to.

You already know this, can we advance the debate?

Dr. D - you should probably coach that response as "The right to marry a human, non-family member, consenting adult." - if not you will get blah, blah, blah regarding bestiality, pedophilia and incest.

>>>>

I'll bet 1$ over paypal that he won't.

THey can win only in courts because they can persuade queer judges that the will of the people is meaningless.

Actually that's quite false. In the United States there are 6 legal entities that can issue Civil Marriage licenses, in 3 of the 6 Civil Marriages (50%) resulted from Legislative action and not Court orders.

>>>>

That's actually false.
How many ballots has gay marriage been on? At least 8. And it has lost on virtually all of them. That's like a 98% loss rate.

You lose. I'll PM payment instructions.
The response is a falsehood. Straight people cannot marry "who" they want to either, if that person is consanguinous, underage, married to someone else, or of the same gender.
Just like gay people. there is no difference in rights here.

Can we get beyond two tired out points: that gays are being denied something every one else has, and that this is all analogous to the civil rights struggle?

>>>>

That's actually false.
How many ballots has gay marriage been on? At least 8. And it has lost on virtually all of them. That's like a 98% loss rate.

You statement had nothing to do with ballots, so actually what you said is false (see above quote) which was "THey can win only in courts because they can persuade queer judges that the will of the people is meaningless."

There are three processes that impact laws: Legislative, Judicial, and (for those states that have them) Referendums.

There are 6 Legal entities that issue Civil Marriage licenses, of those 6, 3 (that's 50%) were achieved through a legislative process and not a judicial one.

It's a lie to claim that all advances in treating homosexuals (as it pertains to Civil Marriage) equally have been the result of judicial actions. Half of the entities issuing Civil Marriage licenses to same-sex couples do so because of legislative actions.

>>>>

Last edited:

The response is a falsehood. Straight people cannot marry "who" they want to either, if that person is consanguinous, underage, married to someone else, or of the same gender.

Can we get beyond two tired out points: that gays are being denied something every one else has, and that this is all analogous to the civil rights struggle?

Is this word game really necessary?

Ok I'll try again. Gays don't have the right to marry a healthy consenting adult that isn't married or related to them, who they are in love with, like we straight people do.

NOW can we advance the debate to a grown up level?

Told you so. I won't expect you to pay though Drock.

You lost, bubba. I responded and refuted the point, which you are also not able to refute.
You would have to have a dollar to your name to bet it, btw. I think it is about as likely that you have a dollar as that you are a lawyer.

Ok I'll try again. Gays don't have the right to marry a healthy consenting adult that isn't married or related to them, who they are in love with, like we straight people do.

No, gays have that same right too. Straight people cannot people of the same gender. Neither can gays.
You keep falling on this point. You (and the gay lobby) want to make this a civil rights issue. That is difficult in light of the fact that no one is being denied any civil rights. There are exactly the same rights accorded to gays and straights.
This is unlike the pre-civil rights era when blacks and whites did not enjoy the same civil rights.

You seem to want to pretend that a man is really a woman, or vice versa. You should have learned the difference long about age 3.

No, gays have that same right too. Straight people cannot people of the same gender. Neither can gays.
You keep falling on this point. You (and the gay lobby) want to make this a civil rights issue. That is difficult in light of the fact that no one is being denied any civil rights. There are exactly the same rights accorded to gays and straights.
This is unlike the pre-civil rights era when blacks and whites did not enjoy the same civil rights.

You seem to want to pretend that a man is really a woman, or vice versa. You should have learned the difference long about age 3.

So your answer to my question about taking the debate to a grown up level, is no you can't.

Got it.

They're being denied the right to marry who they want to, I'm not, you're not, it's perfectly a civil rights issue.

However I think you know this, and agree, but in order to keep with the message board shtick of backing up partisans you agree with until the bitter end than you absolutely have to keep this silly game going.

So your answer to my question about taking the debate to a grown up level, is no you can't.

Got it.

They're being denied the right to marry who they want to, I'm not, you're not, it's perfectly a civil rights issue.

However I think you know this, and agree, but in order to keep with the message board shtick of backing up partisans you agree with until the bitter end than you absolutely have to keep this silly game going.

So you cannot give a concrete answer as to what rights are being denied that are available to straight people. I cannot marry anybody, btw. My wife would object.
Until you can come up with some other line of debate here I'll have to consider this closed.

Do you seriously not believe all this stuff? Are you that dumb and uneducated?

I think the question is whether you do.
Santorum said nothing that the OP alleged. It is completely made up.
If you don't understand that then you aren't fit to debate.

Santorum: No apology

Will you please shut up now? I hate you stupid neocons.

So exactly what year did he say this? According to this article, it was written in 2003, that is 8 years ago.........anything a bit more current?

Got it.

So you cannot give a concrete answer as to what rights are being denied that are available to straight people. I cannot marry anybody, btw. My wife would object.
Until you can come up with some other line of debate here I'll have to consider this closed.

I gave a concrete answer and repeated it a half dozen times, I agree it is closed, you'll have me repeat it until the keyboard breaks before it sinks in.

Got it.

I gave a concrete answer and repeated it a half dozen times, I agree it is closed, you'll have me repeat it until the keyboard breaks before it sinks in.

You're right. I doubt it will ever sink in with you.
Most people though understand that there is no double standard here. That is why gay marriage has been a loser on the vast majority of ballots.

Perhaps we should allow hermaphrodites to marry themselves and get extra tax deductions. Equal rights for Hermaphrodites!

You're right. I doubt it will ever sink in with you.
Most people though understand that there is no double standard here. That is why gay marriage has been a loser on the vast majority of ballots.

Perhaps we should allow hermaphrodites to marry themselves and get extra tax deductions. Equal rights for Hermaphrodites!

So..tell us why you think it is ok for the government to discriminate against law abiding tax paying citizens based on their gender.

Ha... ha... ha... Yeah, laugh, but there's nothing wrong with Wikipedia. They cite their sources and if you have any sense of discernment at all, reading Wiki shouldn't be a problem for you. Since you don't know how to verify cited sources from Wiki, I'll show you where Wiki got the info from.

USATODAY.com - Excerpt from Santorum interview

USA Today and Associated Press; looks like a pretty credible source to me, not to mention it's a script of an actual interview from Rick Santorum so no slant could be added by an article writer.

Actually, Wikipedia is a poor source. there is material in it that is made up and simply not true.

Forum List

Back