Sarah Brady has died

We must get rid of all the guns.
Sarah Brady
My condolences to the Brady family and friends.

We should expect no less (such a statement) from a woman who has suffered so much due to the existence of guns in the hands of the general public, God bless her.

But, her personal tragedy cannot (and will not) serve as the basis for disarming the American People in direct contravention to the provisions of the Constitution and its accurate and historic interpretation in this context.

Instead of describing someone as a great American who wasted their life trying to in effect repeal the 2nd Amendment, how about instead you look into what actually causes violence? And work on that instead of the tools used to express violence. Going after guns is like wiping away the blood pouring from an ebola patient. They might look better, but they still have ebola.
Good thing for me that I didn't describe her as a 'great American'... merely someone who had suffered in the public eye due to a Presidential assassination attempt.

Jim Brady and Sarah Brady were either literally or metaphorically in the wrong place at the wrong time, and they became activists for disarming America, to a large extent, as a result of their tragic circumstances, and, in the sense that any of us can be called 'great' for acting on their beliefs, Sarah can claim her share of greatness, but...

Acting on one's beliefs, when one's beliefs put one in opposition to historic or traditional interpretations of Constitutional rights, is not, of itself, ipso facto greatness.

In truth, there seems to be very little (if any) gap between our positions in this matter, except, maybe, to cut Sarah some slack, without canonizing her.

While her husband was a staunch Reagan supporter, she took advantage of her husband's disability to further her leftist agenda. Not for love of her husband but because of some begotten belief that disarming everyday citizens would somehow stop gun violence.

Ultimate stupidity.

We must get rid of all the guns.
Sarah Brady
My condolences to the Brady family and friends.

We should expect no less (such a statement) from a woman who has suffered so much due to the existence of guns in the hands of the general public, God bless her.

But, her personal tragedy cannot (and will not) serve as the basis for disarming the American People in direct contravention to the provisions of the Constitution and its accurate and historic interpretation in this context.

Instead of describing someone as a great American who wasted their life trying to in effect repeal the 2nd Amendment, how about instead you look into what actually causes violence? And work on that instead of the tools used to express violence. Going after guns is like wiping away the blood pouring from an ebola patient. They might look better, but they still have ebola.
Good thing for me that I didn't describe her as a 'great American'... merely someone who had suffered in the public eye due to a Presidential assassination attempt.

Jim Brady and Sarah Brady were either literally or metaphorically in the wrong place at the wrong time, and they became activists for disarming America, to a large extent, as a result of their tragic circumstances, and, in the sense that any of us can be called 'great' for acting on their beliefs, Sarah can claim her share of greatness, but...

Acting on one's beliefs, when one's beliefs put one in opposition to historic or traditional interpretations of Constitutional rights, is not, of itself, ipso facto greatness.

In truth, there seems to be very little (if any) gap between our positions in this matter, except, maybe, to cut Sarah some slack, without canonizing her.

I was chastised recently on this poll for having said I don't find someone great who would deny my 2nd amendment rights. I was told that I was so wrapped up in the 2nd amendment that I lost sight of S. Brady's 1st amendment rights. Nowhere did I deny her the ability have whatever opinion she wanted. She can't say the same about my 2nd amendment rights.

While her husband was a staunch Reagan supporter, she took advantage of her husband's disability to further her leftist agenda. Not for love of her husband but because of some begotten belief that disarming everyday citizens would somehow stop gun violence.

Ultimate stupidity.
Oh, thinking more charitably... rainbows and unicorns and naivete and well-intentioned yet dangerous self-delusion and detachment from the Real World.

Her husband took the bullet that was meant to kill your hero, Ronnie (Blessed Be His Name) Ray-Gun.

Just like Gabby Giffords, they both lost the lives they had worked for, planned for, hoped for - just because of a gun loon.

So, I guess In shouldn't be surprised that asshole RW Pootin loving traitors wouldn't know who they are, or care.
Ronnie Ray-Gun??

You thought of that all by yourself, didn't you.

Shit, that is so Spring, '65.

Great American

Fought very hard for the Brady Bill.

She made a difference

"We must get rid of all the guns" - Sarah Brady

Sounds to me what she wanted was to deny 2nd amendment rights.

She had her life destroyed by guns. As an American she had a right to advocate anything she thought necessary

Are you so wraped up in the second amendment that you forget about the first?

I never said she didn't have the 1st Amendment right to say what she wanted to say. I'm not denying or advocating denying her that ability. She can't say the same thing about the 2nd.
Her life was destroyed by the second amendment

How was your life destroyed by the first?

Her husband took the bullet that was meant to kill your hero, Ronnie (Blessed Be His Name) Ray-Gun.

Just like Gabby Giffords, they both lost the lives they had worked for, planned for, hoped for - just because of a gun loon.

So, I guess In shouldn't be surprised that asshole RW Pootin loving traitors wouldn't know who they are, or care.
Your not exactly playing with the sharpest marbles...
You play with sharp marbles?

Great American

She made a difference

She had her life destroyed by guns. As an American she had a right to advocate anything she thought necessary

I never said she didn't have the 1st Amendment right to say what she wanted to say. I'm not denying or advocating denying her that ability. She can't say the same thing about the 2nd.

Her life was "destroyed" by a mentally ill fucked who was not already institutionalized due to "the rights of the insane" to decide if they should be involuntarily confined.

Though I did not agree with her or her husband's positions on gun control, I am still sadden to hear that she has passed away.

That being said, does everything single thing around here to break down into a partisan food fight?

Ultimate stupidity.

Took advantage of her husbands near death and lifetime with permanent brain damage?

You call her exploitative for wanting to stop it from happening to someone else?

You are a sick fuck

Great American

She made a difference

Her life was "destroyed" by a mentally ill fucked who was not already institutionalized due to "the rights of the insane" to decide if they should be involuntarily confined.

Hinkley never should have been allowed near a gun. NRA nuts fought to protect his right to bear arms

Great American

She made a difference

Irrelevant. Again, never said she couldn't advocate whatever she wanted. My life doesn't have to be destroyed in order to want my 2nd amendment rights to be on the same level as you are willing to give her 1st amendment rights. Your problem is you think my 2nd amendment rights should be restricted while her 1st amendment rights should be to say and support whatever without restriction.

Gun-Grabbers are not going to get America's guns.

"No" means "No".

Despite attempt-after-attempt.

Year after year.

Decade after decade.

Generation after generation.

"No" means "No".

Hinkley never should have been allowed near a gun. NRA nuts fought to protect his right to bear arms

Yeah, sure they did.

I see NRA ads saying "ARM THE INSANE" every day.

The Second Amendment is the only reason we gave any Rights left. Without it the Government no longer has reason to fear the public.

Forum List

Back