Sarah Palin Doesn’t Think Bill Nye the Science Guy Is a Real Scientist

must be the most ignorant engineering ever born or as I suspect you are talking out your ass.
According to numb nuts Daws, I'm now considered a full fledged scientist. ...... :thup:
must be the most ignorant engineering ever born or as I suspect you are talking out your ass.
According to numb nuts Daws, I'm now considered a full fledged scientist. ...... :thup:
What's
a full fledged scientist?
From your ignorant pov only an individual who is a expert in every scientific field is a scientist.
How stupid can you be.

What's
From your ignorant pov only an individual who is a expert in every scientific field is a scientist.
How stupid can you be.
A scientist is an expert in some scientific field. Nye is an expert in no scientific fields. Yet he purports to offer expert opinions in several scientific fields.

He's not a scientist. He is a mechanical engineer who got a job playing the science guy on a kiddie show.

Not everyone playing a part in a television show is the profession they portray.

Daws thinks flipping burgers at his job at McDonalds makes him a scientist because it involves heat transfer to the meat patty and gravity to keep it on the grill. ..... :lol: :lol:

What's
How stupid can you be.
RW'ers, especially those here at USMB use ignoring and making up their own definitions as a last resort. Palin made a mistake of gaff when she made her comment about Nye because she does not know what defines a scientist. She insulted a person with what turns out to be a lie. Rather than admit the mistake, she and the posters here refuse to take responsibility. They would rather make up a new definition for a word. The world should prefer, and even demand that everyone ignore fact and reality and accept their new definition based on the agenda driven creation for the definition of a word.

What's
How stupid can you be.
RW'ers, especially those here at USMB use ignoring and making up their own definitions as a last resort. Palin made a mistake of gaff when she made her comment about Nye because she does not know what defines a scientist. She insulted a person with what turns out to be a lie. Rather than admit the mistake, she and the posters here refuse to take responsibility. They would rather make up a new definition for a word. The world should prefer, and even demand that everyone ignore fact and reality and accept their new definition based on the agenda driven creation for the definition of a word.

Wrong. The TRUTH is (and you of course wouldn't know or admit it) that the definition of scientist does not necessarily include mechanical engineers. "SCIENCE" has several definitions. But one very useful one is: "Science is the pursuit and application of knowledge and understanding of the natural and social world following a systematic methodology based on evidence."*

Because you are quite slow, it is worth repeating.

Mechanical engineering does involve some principles of science. That doesn't make mechanical engineers the same thing as "scientists."

I realize you will now refuse to admit YOUR mistake.

Carry on.

* Our definition of science - The Science Council

Last edited:
I love Palin threads! The republicans should use her winking photo as their icon, instead of the elephant. The republican motto should be a Palin quote. I recommend the one that is in the last line of my sig!

I love Palin threads! The republicans should use her winking photo as their icon, instead of the elephant. The republican motto should be a Palin quote. I recommend the one that is in the last line of my sig!

Speaking of meaningless contributions, there's vandalsshmandels again. Right on cue.

The 2nd post on this subject. The fact is that there is no established criteria for the self awarded title of "scientist" . The guy who mixes chemicals to kill termites can be a scientist . Nye is described by Wiki as a comedian and in fact he used to make a living doing science tricks for kids on PBS. Palin has a degree in communications and journalism and Nye has a degree in engineering. Palin was elected governor and Nye once took an astronomy course from pop-warming guru Carl Sagan who was wrong about a lot of things including the Iraq oil fields. Which person is more credible?

I can't believe that the left is really trying to make engineers into scientists.

The 2nd post on this subject. The fact is that there is no established criteria for the self awarded title of "scientist" . The guy who mixes chemicals to kill termites can be a scientist . Nye is described by Wiki as a comedian and in fact he used to make a living doing science tricks for kids on PBS. Palin has a degree in communications and journalism and Nye has a degree in engineering. Palin was elected governor and Nye once took an astronomy course from pop-warming guru Carl Sagan who was wrong about a lot of things including the Iraq oil fields. Which person is more credible?
You are talking to a group of people that think Tom Hanks is an epidemiologist and George Clooney is an expert battlefield strategist.

What's
How stupid can you be.
A scientist is an expert in some scientific field. Nye is an expert in no scientific fields. Yet he purports to offer expert opinions in several scientific fields.

He's not a scientist. He is a mechanical engineer who got a job playing the science guy on a kiddie show.

Not everyone playing a part in a television show is the profession they portray.
Bullshit

What's
How stupid can you be.

Wrong. The TRUTH is (and you of course wouldn't know or admit it) that the definition of scientist does not necessarily include mechanical engineers. "SCIENCE" has several definitions. But one very useful one is: "Science is the pursuit and application of knowledge and understanding of the natural and social world following a systematic methodology based on evidence."*

Mechanical engineering does involve some principles of science. That doesn't make mechanical engineers the same thing as 'scientists."

Carry on.

I have not claimed that Nye's degree in engineering by itself qualified him as a scientist. I have repeatedly mentioned his published works on science and his honorary doctorate of science degrees from major universities. When the publications and degrees are considered, he clearly meets the definition of a scientist. I can not admit to making a mistake for something I never said. BTW, in writing those books and essays, Nye met the definition you provided.

What's
How stupid can you be.

Another one making up a definition instead of using the ones in dictionaries.

What's
How stupid can you be.

Mechanical engineering does involve some principles of science. That doesn't make mechanical engineers the same thing as 'scientists."

Carry on.

I have not claimed that Nye's degree in engineering by itself qualified him as a scientist. I have repeatedly mentioned his published works on science and his honorary doctorate of science degrees from major universities. When the publications and degrees are considered, he clearly meets the definition of a scientist. I can not admit to making a mistake for something I never said. BTW, in writing those books and essays, Nye met the definition you provided.

No. By writing books he has absolutely NOT pursued knowledge or understanding of the natural world using any systematic methodology based on evidence. Further, an honorary degree no more makes him a scientist than a diploma awarded by the Wizard of Oz made the scarecrow one iota smarter.

Forum List

Back