Sarah Palin Doesn’t Think Bill Nye the Science Guy Is a Real Scientist

Bill Nye's bio says that he has a B.S. in mechanical engineering.

I am also a mechanical engineer.

I guess that makes me a scientist according to the Bill Nye school of thought.

So as a scientist, I hereby declare that so called "man made global warming" is total nonsense. ...... :cool:
How are you a scientist? Have you published works about science? Have you received honorary doctorate degrees in science from major universities? Have you designed scientific devices for Boeing and NASA?
What dictionary are you using to define a scientist?
Honorary degrees are vanity! They don't mean anything.

How are you a scientist? Have you published works about science? Have you received honorary doctorate degrees in science from major universities? Have you designed scientific devices for Boeing and NASA?
Hey, if Bill Nye can claim to be a scientist based on being a mechanical engineer......why can't I? ...... :dunno:
All engineering is science.
Ignorant much?
An engineering degee does not mean the person is an astrophysicist or climatologost or meterologist. He offered a personal opinion on a matter of which he knows nothing

Hey, if Bill Nye can claim to be a scientist based on being a mechanical engineer......why can't I ? ...... :dunno:
Because as far as I know, you do not have the resume or credentials as Nye. What part of publishing works about science and having honorary doctorate degrees in science from major universities do you not understand?

Ignorant much?
Until today, I never heard of mechanical engineering referred to as a science, and mechanical engineers called scientists?

Generally it is referred to as a traditional discipline; that is grounded in the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems.

I have worked in the field my entire adult life.

But of course you know better Daws. ..... :cuckoo:

Mechanical engineering has a basis in science. It would be kind of silly to deny it. But I suggest that it simply is not true to say that all things with a basis in science are therefore themselves "science."

Furthermore, the folks who study a blood sample drawn at a hospital may be (to some degree) actual scientists, but that doesn't mean that their respective opinions about "AGW" mean all that much.

I don't doubt that Nye has a fair grasp on basic principles of science. Sufficient in fact for him to have helped teach it on television (to a degree of national acclaim) to pre-teens. That doesn't make him an astrophysicist, an expert in AI, or on earth science or "climate" science.

To that extent, it is a perfectly fair observation Palin made.

Last edited:
Palin continues to tell us how ignorant she is.

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin not only doesn’t believe in climate change — she doesn’t believe Bill Nye the Science Guy is a real scientist.

“Bill Nye is as much as scientist as I am,” Palin said at an event in Washington, D.C., according to The Hill. “He’s a kids’ show actor; he’s not a scientist.”

She specifically targeted Nye for his claims that climate change was man-made, stating that scientists who believe that climate change is caused by mankind are trying to shut down human progress and fueling “alarmism.”

Who knows more about science than Sarah by golly doncha know.

Ignorant much?
Until today, I never heard of mechanical engineering referred to as a science, and mechanical engineers called scientists?

Generally it is referred to as a traditional discipline; that is grounded in the design, analysis, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems.

Even The Big Bang Theory won't refer the mechanical engineer as a scientist.

Bill Nye's bio says that he has a B.S. in mechanical engineering.

I am also a mechanical engineer.

I guess that makes me a scientist according to the Bill Nye school of thought.

So as a scientist, I hereby declare that so called "man made global warming" is total nonsense. ...... :cool:

Well then happy birthday. You must be a million years old to have the perspective to declare such an absolute.

That's what 'scientists' traffic in -- absolutes. Amirite?

Hey, if Bill Nye can claim to be a scientist based on being a mechanical engineer......why can't I? ...... :dunno:
Ignorant much?
An engineering degee does not mean the person is an astrophysicist or climatologost or meterologist. He offered a personal opinion on a matter of which he knows nothing
False ! But you had to say something.

Ignorant much?

You must be the most ignorant engineering ever born or as I suspect you are talking out your ass.

Mechanical engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin not only doesn’t believe in climate change — she doesn’t believe Bill Nye the Science Guy is a real scientist.

“Bill Nye is as much as scientist as I am,” Palin said at an event in Washington, D.C., according to The Hill. “He’s a kids’ show actor; he’s not a scientist.”

She specifically targeted Nye for his claims that climate change was man-made, stating that scientists who believe that climate change is caused by mankind are trying to shut down human progress and fueling “alarmism.”

She has demonstrated that she knows more than you do.

The Bill Nye show was a children's show. Nye was an actor. Someone else wrote it and decided what science would be explained. Nye rehersed his actions like any other actor.

In becoming an ignorant people, we accept that an image is the thing itself. That's how we end up with actors being mistaken for people who know what they are doing. Tom Hanks is really not an expert on AIDS transmission, he just played one before Congress.

Ignorant much?

You must be the most ignorant engineering ever born or as I suspect you are talking out your ass.

Not a science.

I guess that's true since I don't even know who the fuck Bill Nye is. Guess that's because I don't watch children's TV.

The Bill Nye show was a children's show. Nye was an actor. Someone else wrote it and decided what science would be explained. Nye rehersed his actions like any other actor.

In becoming an ignorant people, we accept that an image is the thing itself. That's how we end up with actors being mistaken for people who know what they are doing. Tom Hanks is really not an expert on AIDS transmission, he just played one before Congress.
Bahahahaha!

Ignorant much?

Not a science.
didn't read the link did ya.lol

Yo, Enjoy!

"GTP"
She Hit The Nail On The Head!!!
View attachment 71718

upload_2016-4-17_11-11-45.png

Forum List

Back