Sarah Palin doing what she said she would do, back conservatives, not just a party.

Many feel the same way about the Democrat Party - thus the 5 point lead in the generic ballot in favor of the Republicans.

Just curious....

Do you have any other poll than Rassmussen that claims this??

Uh-oh.

"...Palin backed abstinence-only education during her 2006 gubernatorial race. In an Eagle Forum Alaska*questionnaire, Palin gave this response to the following question:

Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?

Palin: Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support."
Palin backed abstinence-only education - First Read - msnbc.com

Yes, she did support abstinence only, as I noted in my post. She no longer does.

Let's note here folks, this poster rejects the WSJ as a valid source yet expects me to take MSNBC as credible. :lol:

I think if you do a little more research, you will find that Palin has opposed sex education of any type except for Abstinence Only and that includes NOT teaching about contraceptives.

It was Palin's DAUGHTER who said a more balanced approach is necessary, but took the words back a day later.

Palin Daughter's Pregnancy Spurs Sex Ed Debate - ABC News

You can actually watch the Fox interview of Bristol Palin here:

Salon.com Mobile

Sarah Palin is also pro-contraception. She was abstinence only but is no longer.

She is Christian and pro-life, but also a supporter of birth control: she's a member of Feminists For Life (FFL), an anti-abortion, pro-contraception organization.

Conservative Believer - Sarah Palin: News and Photos - TIME

Most Republicans have no idea beyond "sound bytes" about anyone they support for public office. The know nothing about previous votes or their educational background. How many knew that John McCain graduated fifth from the bottom out of 899 cadets? That would mean he was the worst in every class he was in. How many look at the worst student in high school or college and say to themselves, "Hmmm, that guy would be a great president". I can tell you without a doubt, exactly "zero".

And how exactly does Obama rate on the college scale? Oh, that's right, he won't even release his transcripts. But he isn't doing this to hide anything . . . he just wants his privacy, right? Give me a break.

I didn't reject anything simply because it was from the WSJ. I pointed out it was an op-ed piece from CAP. You seemed to ignore that just as you ignored how I said a while ago I don't hate Palin. It just gets exasperating how some camps use the universal escape hatch of "You just hate X" as a way of dodging.

Yes, she did support abstinence only, as I noted in my post. She no longer does.

Let's note here folks, this poster rejects the WSJ as a valid source yet expects me to take MSNBC as credible. :lol:

Sarah Palin is also pro-contraception. She was abstinence only but is no longer.

Conservative Believer - Sarah Palin: News and Photos - TIME

And how exactly does Obama rate on the college scale? Oh, that's right, he won't even release his transcripts. But he isn't doing this to hide anything . . . he just wants his privacy, right? Give me a break.

As opposed to Sarah Palin who released her transcripts from all 5 colleges she attended? Right? Come on. His transcripts were sealed just before he announced his bid for the presidency just like every politician who ever ran for public office. Why? If they can trash his pastor, a man who served in the Marines, Navy Medical corp and received three White House commendations, and received an honorable discharge during Vietnam, imagine what could they do with Obama's transcripts?

Even still, we know Palin received a D in economics. We know that McCain graduated 5th from the bottom out of 899 graduating class. We know Bush was a C minus student. Palin told us and Bush told us. McCain boasted about his being at the bottom. Republicans seem to be proud of failure. Go figure.

Sarah Palin's Extensive College Career - The Paper Trail (usnews.com)

Wright trashed himself with his hatefilled, racist, marxist-based preaching. Otherwise, Obama wouldn't have thrown him under the bus. His military service, while commendable, does not erase or lessen his beliefs.

Obama's transcripts would show which classes he took and which marxist professors he admired and sought out. I'd love to read some of his papers from these classes. I can see why he'd want to keep that under wraps. Might look bad.

I'm guessing most against Wright don't have the first clue about things he said. A great example is how often he got attacked for saying 9/11 was our foreign policy chickens coming home to roost. Can I ask all of you something? When was the first time you heard that? Was it when Wright was credited as saying it? Do you know he was only repeating what a former US Ambassador had stated on Fox News? Yet somehow so so so so many people somehow believed it was simply Wright. Pick your own source.
us ambassador 9/11 foreign policy chickens roost - Google Search

Nationalists hate Wright because he is a Brother in Christ who does not put America above God. I don't agree with everything he said but to call him a racist just shows how ignorant people can be when they decide to let their emotions run their mouth instead of doing something crazy like a little homework.

Actually Wright threw Obama under the bus. It was Obama who tried to defend Wright but Wright wasn't having any of it. Wright comes from another generation. My generation. A generation of "white only". A generation of "Jim Crow" laws. A generation were firemen were hosing children and old ladies with fire hoses and setting vicious dogs on them.

A generation where the Government used hundreds of black men and their wives and children, without their consent or even knowing, for "experiments" in syphilis.

These are what makes Wright angry. Obama didn't live through that. He doesn't share those feelings because he hasn't had those experiences.

This is why Republicans will do anything to hurt someone. They have no heart, no mind and no soul. Just mean spirited and vicious, dirty people. Not all, but many.

norman20rockwell20the20problem20we20all20live20with-491x300.jpg

segregation%20drinking%20fountain.JPG

firehose.jpg

You were making an informative point until that last part.

You have some ability for discourse rdean, but too often get sidetracked by the easier forms of us vs them.

But I really found the majority of that post interesting - hope to see more like that from you minus your concluding statement

I can't help it. It's how I feel. The current Republican party seems to hate this country. First, the damage they caused for the last eight years has been immense. Then, rather than showing a shred of support for the new president or taking a thread of responsibility, they want to blame all that fail on the Democrats. It's staggering.

I've heard Hannity and Billo talk about the success in Iraq. Never do they mention the ravaged Christian population of what has been done to women in Iraq. Never.

Billo even talked about an 11 year old rape victim, Shawn Hornbeck and how he "liked it". Odious, dirty man.

Republicans have tied themselves to these kinds of people. Dirty damaged people. It's why only 20% of Americans will admit to being Republican. When I was a kid, for many, being a Republican brought them some kind of status. Now it's an embarrassment.

And they are looking at Sarah Palin as a "leader"? Is this a joke? Like I said, her speeches have been turned into Emmy winning comedy sketches simply by reading them back word for word. How can that be? I don't see the Republican party improving any time soon. And if the Republicans on this board are any indication, possibly not until this entire generation dies.

I'm a Republican but I refuse to allow the Christian Right and Neocons continue to trample without being challenged in some tiny way. Neither of those camps respect American nor Christian values. One is for tyranny of America while the other is for global imperialism. The reason the Neocons are pushing so strongly for Palin is they need a new face to keep the Evangelical vote in their camp. This is why murdoch is using his media empire to inflate Palin way beyond the reality of support. Everything from the Weekly Standard to Harper Collins is being used and without a doubt it's successful on some levels. Of course, fooling the Evangelical base isn't to difficult. All you need is a mouthpiece that says Love America or leave it.

As opposed to Sarah Palin who released her transcripts from all 5 colleges she attended? Right? Come on. His transcripts were sealed just before he announced his bid for the presidency just like every politician who ever ran for public office. Why? If they can trash his pastor, a man who served in the Marines, Navy Medical corp and received three White House commendations, and received an honorable discharge during Vietnam, imagine what could they do with Obama's transcripts?

Even still, we know Palin received a D in economics. We know that McCain graduated 5th from the bottom out of 899 graduating class. We know Bush was a C minus student. Palin told us and Bush told us. McCain boasted about his being at the bottom. Republicans seem to be proud of failure. Go figure.

Wright trashed himself with his hatefilled, racist, marxist-based preaching. Otherwise, Obama wouldn't have thrown him under the bus. His military service, while commendable, does not erase or lessen his beliefs.

Obama's transcripts would show which classes he took and which marxist professors he admired and sought out. I'd love to read some of his papers from these classes. I can see why he'd want to keep that under wraps. Might look bad.

Don't bother with those who would actually attempt to defend Wright. Whatever he might have been - his time as a pastor show him as a man full of contempt for the very country he once served. And let us not forget his most recent anti-semitsm, stating he had not spoken to Obama because "them Jews" won't let him.

We must simply accept the fact that some Americans, including participants in this and other forums, have no problem with figures such as Reverent Wright, Van Jones, William Ayers, etc, because they in fact AGREE with the sentiments of those individuals. It is the benefit of living in such a great nation that provides security far beyond what most in this world have , that allows contempt for that very significant blessing.

Such people are a minority, but a loud and unhappy minority nevertheless...

Lol. Anti Semitism? Two weeks before Palin was announced as the VeepCan she happily sat in church and listened to the Prez of Jews for Jesus proclaim the only reason Israel is attacked by terrorists is because they reject Christ. How often did Fox and MSM report on that? Wright is not racist but it's very convenient to slap labels around versus actually engaging in information.

Actually Wright threw Obama under the bus. It was Obama who tried to defend Wright but Wright wasn't having any of it. Wright comes from another generation. My generation. A generation of "white only". A generation of "Jim Crow" laws. A generation were firemen were hosing children and old ladies with fire hoses and setting vicious dogs on them.

A generation where the Government used hundreds of black men and their wives and children, without their consent or even knowing, for "experiments" in syphilis.

These are what makes Wright angry. Obama didn't live through that. He doesn't share those feelings because he hasn't had those experiences.

This is why Republicans will do anything to hurt someone. They have no heart, no mind and no soul. Just mean spirited and vicious, dirty people. Not all, but many.

norman20rockwell20the20problem20we20all20live20with-491x300.jpg

segregation%20drinking%20fountain.JPG

firehose.jpg

Why are you living in the past? The word 'TOOL' comes to mind.

Sinatra, the far right of the GOP is tepid and near valueless. If you are mistaking the tealaggers as mainstream, you are in for a series of ever increasing disappointments as the Dems take the Pubs to the cleaners the next twelve plus months. Oh, by the by, post your source that you pillaged for your opening paragraphs in #179. I don't even think for a second you came up with that by your lonesome.

Thank you - nice to hear how I have impressed you.

Palin continues to be a major factor in forging a re-awakening of the conservative movement in America.

There is, and will be, a considerable idealogical battle for the future direction of the country.

I for one am thankful for the choice to engage in such a battle - and thankful for Palin and others' voices as we collectively do the work of protecting the freedoms and ideals so many hold as essential to the uniquely American experience...

Agreed.

I didn't reject anything simply because it was from the WSJ. I pointed out it was an op-ed piece from CAP. You seemed to ignore that just as you ignored how I said a while ago I don't hate Palin. It just gets exasperating how some camps use the universal escape hatch of "You just hate X" as a way of dodging.

Dodge. Ball.

Got it.

You were making an informative point until that last part.

You have some ability for discourse rdean, but too often get sidetracked by the easier forms of us vs them.

But I really found the majority of that post interesting - hope to see more like that from you minus your concluding statement

I can't help it. It's how I feel. The current Republican party seems to hate this country. First, the damage they caused for the last eight years has been immense. Then, rather than showing a shred of support for the new president or taking a thread of responsibility, they want to blame all that fail on the Democrats. It's staggering.

I've heard Hannity and Billo talk about the success in Iraq. Never do they mention the ravaged Christian population of what has been done to women in Iraq. Never.

Billo even talked about an 11 year old rape victim, Shawn Hornbeck and how he "liked it". Odious, dirty man.

Republicans have tied themselves to these kinds of people. Dirty damaged people. It's why only 20% of Americans will admit to being Republican. When I was a kid, for many, being a Republican brought them some kind of status. Now it's an embarrassment.

And they are looking at Sarah Palin as a "leader"? Is this a joke? Like I said, her speeches have been turned into Emmy winning comedy sketches simply by reading them back word for word. How can that be? I don't see the Republican party improving any time soon. And if the Republicans on this board are any indication, possibly not until this entire generation dies.

I'm a Republican but I refuse to allow the Christian Right and Neocons continue to trample without being challenged in some tiny way. Neither of those camps respect American nor Christian values. One is for tyranny of America while the other is for global imperialism. The reason the Neocons are pushing so strongly for Palin is they need a new face to keep the Evangelical vote in their camp. This is why murdoch is using his media empire to inflate Palin way beyond the reality of support. Everything from the Weekly Standard to Harper Collins is being used and without a doubt it's successful on some levels. Of course, fooling the Evangelical base isn't to difficult. All you need is a mouthpiece that says Love America or leave it.

The evangelical base in the last election was very, very depressed because so many in it had realized that they had been abused by the Republican Party: taken to the election dances of 2000 and 2004, then left in the corner of the ballroom. The neo-cons and the conserv-econs know they need those votes to try to continue to push American imperialism while raping the economy. That teasagger movement has lagged is obvious, that Palin has demonstrated she does not have sand, and that the far right has not caught on they are not the mainstream: all means GOP disaster again next year.

Dodge. Ball.

Got it.

Palin:

1. Betrayed her Oath of Office.

2. Seriously raised taxes.

3. Sold out on the bridge to nowhere to build a short road that literally leads to no where.

4. Supports American Imperialism (much larger government)

5. Failed to defend her own family from public criticism.

6. Failed to teach her own children about responsible sex.

7. Wanted Alaskan resources to prepare for "The Rapture."

8. Preached abstinence only

9. Member of known anti Semitic church

Yes. Dodge. Ball. Indeed.

The evangelical base in the last election was very, very depressed because so many in it had realized that they had been abused by the Republican Party: taken to the election dances of 2000 and 2004, then left in the corner of the ballroom. The neo-cons and the conserv-econs know they need those votes to try to continue to push American imperialism while raping the economy. That teasagger movement has lagged is obvious, that Palin has demonstrated she does not have sand, and that the far right has not caught on they are not the mainstream: all means GOP disaster again next year.

They don't even care about learning the lessons....they just want to feel in control of everyone else. That is the one immutable property of the Christian Right.

[
Thank you - nice to hear how I have impressed you.

Palin continues to be a major factor in forging a re-awakening of the conservative movement in America.

That's almost what you said in August, except you were a fan of the new/now voice for Republican moderation...Newt...

Palin's chances of being a viable candidate on the national stage remain slim.

That being said, she continues to influence the tone and tenor of the Republican Party, and is playing an integral - and very much essential, role in re-introducing the party to its former conservative roots.

While figures such as Gingrich apply the intellectual base for this re-introduction, Palin has provided the emotional base.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1431004-post92.html

You're right. Newt does apply the 'intellectual base', or put another way, he's the brains of the operation (in a weak field).

That's why he knows Palin's support of Hoffman is idiocy. :lol:

I stand by that well-spoken statement!

I am a fan of Gingrich and have been for some time.

There is room in the party for both the likes of Gingrich and Palin - in fact, I would state both are very much needed.

Room for both of them in what party? The Conservative Party or the Republican Party? Maybe you missed the part where Palin in the NY race is trying to damage the Republican party...

Dodge. Ball.

Got it.

Palin:

3. Sold out on the bridge to nowhere to build a short road that literally leads to no where.

Fail. Several points already addressed and shown to be false. No links either. 'Nother fail.

Quit dodging and address the oil/windfall tax topic that you brought up, in an attempt to show Palin wasn't a conservative, instead of deflecting with crap.

Quite dodging and answer my question as to whether you are a Palin hater or not.

Dodge. Ball.

Got it.

Palin:

Fail. Several points already addressed and shown to be false. No links either. 'Nother fail.

Quit dodging and address the oil/windfall tax topic that you brought up, in an attempt to show Palin wasn't a conservative, instead of deflecting with crap.

Quite dodging and answer my question as to whether you are a Palin hater or not.

If I really cared enough i'd look back in the thread to give the exact post number where I already made it clear I don't hate her....but why bother? We all know you'd find an other lame dolly to ride down the avenue of dodge ball. Your CAP op-ed piece is a song and dance designed to make Palin look like a fighter when really all she did was see an opportunity to increase revenue and she jumped on it. Now you want us to believe she is for smaller government because of an intellectually dishonest op ed piece? Are you serious?

I didn't provide any links because I try to be more efficient with my time than usual. Why provide links knowing

YOU ALREADY KNOW NOTHING ON THIS EARTH WILL MAKE YOU STOP SUPPORTING PALIN.

Waste of time. Done. Unsubscribed. (please have the last word. It would be my pleasure.)

Dodge. Ball.

Got it.

Palin:

not only is the poster a PALIN hater? See something common in the post?

Not to mention? There are NO links to support the incidious statements. I Emboldened some of the bullsqueeze.

It is laughable the narrow view a few in here take of this otherwise unknown special election.

Sarah Palin simply did what she stated she would - endorse the candidate she feels best represents the interests of Conservatives. Her support is generating considerable interest in what was a largely ignored political race. By doing so, she is helping to speak for those Conservative-Independent Americans who have felt betrayed and misrepresented by politicians from both Democrat and Republican camps. As such, she is playing an integral role in helping to redefine the Republican Party, and perhaps certain segments of the Democrat Party.

Others such as Newt Gingrich are in this particular case are supporting a purely tactical take on this race - and frankly, having both voices, and others, chime in is fine by me. That is a sign of a healthy and engaged political party. As I stated some time ago, Palin in many ways represents the heart of the new Conservative movement underway, and Gingrich the mind. Both are integral to its overall success.

It is laughable the narrow view a few in here take of this otherwise unknown special election.

Sarah Palin simply did what she stated she would - endorse the candidate she feels best represents the interests of Conservatives. Her support is generating considerable interest in what was a largely ignored political race. By doing so, she is helping to speak for those Conservative-Independent Americans who have felt betrayed and misrepresented by politicians from both Democrat and Republican camps. As such, she is playing an integral role in helping to redefine the Republican Party, and perhaps certain segments of the Democrat Party.

Others such as Newt Gingrich are in this particular case are supporting a purely tactical take on this race - and frankly, having both voices, and others, chime in is fine by me. That is a sign of a healthy and engaged political party. As I stated some time ago, Palin in many ways represents the heart of the new Conservative movement underway, and Gingrich the mind. Both are integral to its overall success.

Good post Mr Sinatra

The only problem I see is the "Take no Prisoners" mentality of the current GOP. I still do not see any healthy discourse between the two factions of the GOP. The GOP is still the party of No, even within its own party. This level of disagreement is best suited in smoke filled rooms and not in open warfare a week before an election.

Good post Mr Sinatra

The only problem I see is the "Take no Prisoners" mentality of the current GOP. I still do not see any healthy discourse between the two factions of the GOP. The GOP is still the party of No, even within its own party. This level of disagreement is best suited in smoke filled rooms and not in open warfare a week before an election.

Up to this point I would disagree - it has been respectful dialogue. In this high profile case, both Newt and Palin admire each other. And I believe perhaps in the curernt era of back room dealings that is underway, and the eight years prior of the same thing, it is refreshing to see a political party willing to be more open about the dialogue prominent figures are having.

There is a deeply entrenched privileged class that controls both the Democrat and Republican parties. Palin is a direct threat to that long standing order - and Newt, while a part of it over a decade ago, feels the current version of the Republican Party has lost its way and needs to reaffirm its committment to basic Reagan-like Conservatism.

I agree with both Palin and Newt's overall attitudes, and appreciate their willingness to engage in the debate.

Make no mistake, the Democrat Party is undergoing its own crisis of identity - and that battle is going to be far more politically brutal...

Sinatra clearly misinterperts what Newt is saying. Gingrich is making nice with Ms. Sarah because has to. It is clear from his posting that he would like Ms. Sarah to return to Alaska forever and leave national GOP politics to the big boys.

Palin is in the business of either (1) to redefine the GOP to the far rightoid whackos' thinking, or (2) to punish the GOP for not adopting the whacko positions. Only one possible result can inevitably occur: the GOP mainstreamers are going to destroy the Palinistas and move the Party closer to the center.

Forum List

Back