Sarah Palin lied about her son. He never even served in combat

Most people see Trump as not much different to Palin, and know the lies are out there, and go and show why these people shouldn't be running for government.

Yes, on both sides there are dodgy people, and on both sides such people shouldn't be running for government.
While ignoring the same shit from one of their own. Yes - political hackery at its best. This thread is full of it.

And what are you doing? It would appear that you're trying to deflect from the actual argument by trying to point people in other directions. "political hackery at its best"????
"Deflecting?"

Quite the contrary - I am pointing out how idiotic the entire argument is. That is not deflecting in the least.

No, you're deflecting. The argument isn't idiotic.

This woman is a politician. She's trying to spin things to make them look better. You get an idea of her character through this sort of thing. The sort of person she would be as a public servant.

I don't like what I see, and clearly you don't either, otherwise you wouldn't be deflecting.
Then you have not bothered to read a thing I wrote.

You see, the ONLY people bringing this shit up are the ones that support the same shit on the other side. What I think of her is rather irrelevant - I don't support Trump in the first place so her opinion is utterly meaningless.

However, if I supported another candidate that did the same shit but felt it necessary to point it out here then I would be a hypocrite AND the argument would be asinine. That is not a deflection.

You CANNOT assail anthers character while supporting the same character yourself - it makes the arguments presented not only cheap but invalid on their face. Further, you claim that you get an idea of the sort of person she would be as a public servant. That is a rather interesting point considering that she is NOT running to be a public servant.

I read what you wrote, and I replied to it. You said:

"
While ignoring the same shit from one of their own. Yes - political hackery at its best. This thread is full of it."

Without regard to Palin or her family, you're entire wrong to complain that the man never served in combat in terms of challenging him having PTSD. It is a horrible and damaging stereotype to think of PTSD as a "war" illness. It's not Post Combat Disorder. It's Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I have PTSD. I was never in combat. But I've had experiences which I won't even bother getting into. I now deal with PTSD. And the truth is that it can be an extremely difficult condition to live with. I don't think there will ever be a point in my life when I'll be able to say that I've overcome it. I'm always going to struggle with the potential for certain triggers to launch men into flashbacks. I'm always going to be asking people to forgive certain eccentricities when I have to struggle to remove myself from certain types of stressers that send me into a panicked state of mind.

Treating PTSD as if it's nothing more than a combat illness is just as harmful as any other means of stigmatizing mental illness.

Without regard to Palin or her family, you're entire wrong to complain that the man never served in combat in terms of challenging him having PTSD. It is a horrible and damaging stereotype to think of PTSD as a "war" illness. It's not Post Combat Disorder. It's Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I have PTSD. I was never in combat. But I've had experiences which I won't even bother getting into. I now deal with PTSD. And the truth is that it can be an extremely difficult condition to live with. I don't think there will ever be a point in my life when I'll be able to say that I've overcome it. I'm always going to struggle with the potential for certain triggers to launch men into flashbacks. I'm always going to be asking people to forgive certain eccentricities when I have to struggle to remove myself from certain types of stressers that send me into a panicked state of mind.

Treating PTSD as if it's nothing more than a combat illness is just as harmful as any other means of stigmatizing mental illness.

Best post in this thread by far. Thanks SwimExpert. :thup:

While ignoring the same shit from one of their own. Yes - political hackery at its best. This thread is full of it.

And what are you doing? It would appear that you're trying to deflect from the actual argument by trying to point people in other directions. "political hackery at its best"????
"Deflecting?"

Quite the contrary - I am pointing out how idiotic the entire argument is. That is not deflecting in the least.

This woman is a politician. She's trying to spin things to make them look better. You get an idea of her character through this sort of thing. The sort of person she would be as a public servant.

I don't like what I see, and clearly you don't either, otherwise you wouldn't be deflecting.

You see, the ONLY people bringing this shit up are the ones that support the same shit on the other side. What I think of her is rather irrelevant - I don't support Trump in the first place so her opinion is utterly meaningless.

However, if I supported another candidate that did the same shit but felt it necessary to point it out here then I would be a hypocrite AND the argument would be asinine. That is not a deflection.

You CANNOT assail anthers character while supporting the same character yourself - it makes the arguments presented not only cheap but invalid on their face. Further, you claim that you get an idea of the sort of person she would be as a public servant. That is a rather interesting point considering that she is NOT running to be a public servant.

"
While ignoring the same shit from one of their own. Yes - political hackery at its best. This thread is full of it."
Yes. And I stand by that while you were excusing it.

"Deflecting?"

"

I have no doubt you'd stand by your diversion tactics. I mean they're so prevalent on this site, it's hardly surprising.

"Deflecting?"

"

I have no doubt you'd stand by your diversion tactics. I mean they're so prevalent on this site, it's hardly surprising.
*sigh*

Never mind. I did not know that today you simply wanted to troll. I will not bother anymore.

"

*sigh*

Never mind. I did not know that today you simply wanted to troll. I will not bother anymore.

*sigh*, it would have been nice if you hadn't started to troll first.

I'm not trolling, i'm telling you exactly what you're doing, if you're doing it deliberately, then carry on, if you're not, then stop.

I have PTSD. I was never in combat

First let me state that I am sincerely sorry for your condition, in the same way that I feel sorry for anyone who has a bi=polar condition or any psychosis that impairs his or her interactions with others.

However, this is NOT the reason for this thread.......

None of us here can unquestionably attest as to whether Track Palin has or has not PTSD......He may have it or not.
The intent of this thread, I believe, is two-fold:

One, whether having PTSD is an automatic "get-out-of-jail-free-card" for spousal abuse or any other violent action toward others.....

Two, whether Sarah has any remote reason to excuse her son's behavior to Obama's policies.

yes, thank you, great post. i hope we have come a long way with it, and always wish we could do more for folks like you.

the syndrome/condition started out being called "shell shocked" (ww1), so we hope identifying what it is, is a great start in the right direction.

thank you for your service S E, everyone wants you to have peace of mind, for well serving your country, on that we can all agree. :)

Last edited:

The point here is that Palin said it was Obama's fault that her son beats on people.

This is clearly not true.

If Track has PTSD it came from BEFORE he went to Iraq. He was violent before and he's violent now. But I'd doubt that he has PTSD.

He probably just has anger issues. Many people have such problems, and it's the sort of thing that can be difficult to control, you just suddenly get annoyed and wham, the anger comes out in a big burst, and if someone's in the way, they're in the way.

I have PTSD. I was never in combat

First let me state that I am sincerely sorry for your condition, in the same way that I feel sorry for anyone who has a bi=polar condition or any psychosis that impairs his or her interactions with others.

However, this is NOT the reason for this thread.......

None of us here can unquestionably attest as to whether Track Palin has or has not PTSD......He may have it or not.
The intent of this thread, I believe, is two-fold:

One, whether having PTSD is an automatic "get-out-of-jail-free-card" for spousal abuse or any other violent action toward others.....

Two, whether Sarah has any remote reason to excuse her son's behavior to Obama's policies.
also a great post, you make good points. i don't think it should be politicised, in this way, and to blame a president, even obama, is absurd. there is a reason why war is hell, it always has been, no president or soldier can change that.

to me, in track's case, it sounds as if booze might be at least part of track's problem. and there is never an excuse for any domestic abuse/violence. personally, i think being named "track" might be an anchor around his neck too, it's a weird name for sure. why can't people just use the names we have now, like derek, or jennifer.

sarah palin opened this can of political worms, i don't fault the libs for pouncing upon this story. but if it advances the need for more attention to this syndrome, then that element is useful.

Last edited:
Former Marine suffering from PTSD pens scathing open letter to Sarah Palin

Dear Mrs. Palin,
I am a former US Marine and US Navy Officer with a Combat Action Ribbon as well as service connected disabilities. I am also a Republican. I have also served with, and am friends with, dozens of combat veterans who suffer daily from various injuries and wounds to include PTSD. I recently read your comments related to PTSD in which you attempted to excuse your son’s arrest on domestic abuse charges and firearm charges by referencing his supposed PTSD. Based upon your previous comments I am not surprised that you would choose to use this very serious condition as a political football and, once again, attempt to divert blame from your own family’s abhorrent, violent behavior.
In 2014 your entire family was involved in a late night ‘drunken brawl’ at a party in which Track Palin (the accused domestic abuser) was involved in a bloody fight. While you publicly stated how proud you were at your children’s violent actions, maybe this should have been a sign that Track has a problem. It is certainly curious that you did not feel the need to reference his supposed PTSD in this situation and instead stated: “…my kids’ defense of family makes my heart soar!” Maybe, instead of encouraging Track’s violence, you should have taken the opportunity to get him help. Maybe, instead of being the result of PTSD, your son was simply trying to uphold the stated Palin family values and “…make your heart soar” by abusing a woman.
PTSD is stigmatized in the media and not well understood by the general public. An estimated 22 veterans commit suicide every day in the United States. This is nearly 8,000 veterans who take their lives every year. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) stated: “Every day in the United States, 22 veterans succumb to suicide — losing their personal battle to invisible wounds of war.” Veterans who have willingly given so much in service to their country should not have to bear the burden of being further stigmatized by your ignorant and foolish statements.
While I do not propose to speak for all veterans, I am clearly not alone in my views regarding your unfortunate statements. They were unfortunate for the many veterans who face further disdain and discrimination based upon your inaccurate and ignorant portrayal of those who suffer with PTSD as well as the causes of the condition.
While I would personally prefer that you simply avoid public life and simply fade away, if you insist on trying to use your “celebrity status” for a cause, please educate yourself on the facts of PTSD and try to help veterans by using your significant influence in a more productive, and less political manner. There are a number of veteran’s organizations to which you can donate time, money and energy to make a difference.
Regards,
Chris Mark

Former Marine suffering from PTSD pens scathing open letter to Sarah Palin

Dear Mrs. Palin,
I am a former US Marine and US Navy Officer with a Combat Action Ribbon as well as service connected disabilities. I am also a Republican. I have also served with, and am friends with, dozens of combat veterans who suffer daily from various injuries and wounds to include PTSD. I recently read your comments related to PTSD in which you attempted to excuse your son’s arrest on domestic abuse charges and firearm charges by referencing his supposed PTSD. Based upon your previous comments I am not surprised that you would choose to use this very serious condition as a political football and, once again, attempt to divert blame from your own family’s abhorrent, violent behavior.
In 2014 your entire family was involved in a late night ‘drunken brawl’ at a party in which Track Palin (the accused domestic abuser) was involved in a bloody fight. While you publicly stated how proud you were at your children’s violent actions, maybe this should have been a sign that Track has a problem. It is certainly curious that you did not feel the need to reference his supposed PTSD in this situation and instead stated: “…my kids’ defense of family makes my heart soar!” Maybe, instead of encouraging Track’s violence, you should have taken the opportunity to get him help. Maybe, instead of being the result of PTSD, your son was simply trying to uphold the stated Palin family values and “…make your heart soar” by abusing a woman.
PTSD is stigmatized in the media and not well understood by the general public. An estimated 22 veterans commit suicide every day in the United States. This is nearly 8,000 veterans who take their lives every year. Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) stated: “Every day in the United States, 22 veterans succumb to suicide — losing their personal battle to invisible wounds of war.” Veterans who have willingly given so much in service to their country should not have to bear the burden of being further stigmatized by your ignorant and foolish statements.
While I do not propose to speak for all veterans, I am clearly not alone in my views regarding your unfortunate statements. They were unfortunate for the many veterans who face further disdain and discrimination based upon your inaccurate and ignorant portrayal of those who suffer with PTSD as well as the causes of the condition.
While I would personally prefer that you simply avoid public life and simply fade away, if you insist on trying to use your “celebrity status” for a cause, please educate yourself on the facts of PTSD and try to help veterans by using your significant influence in a more productive, and less political manner. There are a number of veteran’s organizations to which you can donate time, money and energy to make a difference.
Regards,
Chris Mark
The Marine is in the wrong. This is pure harassment.

And how do Sarah Palin's white lies compare to Hillary's lie to the grieving families of the Benghazi victims about the cause of their loved ones' deaths, or her lie that Chris Stevens never once talked to her about his hundreds of unfulfilled security requests, or her lie that she never saw security requests and thus never rejected any, or her numerous lies about classified material on her e-mail server, or her lies about Whitewater, or her lies about the victims of her husband's sexual harassment, or her lie about having been under sniper fire in Kosovo?

You people are incredible. You go ape over Republican white lies but couldn't care less when a Democrat tells lies about serious issues, some of which involve the deaths of Americans.

Last edited:
yes, thank you, great post. i hope we have come a long way with it, and always wish we could do more for folks like you.

the syndrome/condition started out being called "shell shocked" (ww1), so we hope identifying what it is, is a great start in the right direction.

thank you for your service S E, everyone wants you to have peace of mind, for well serving your country, on that we can all agree. :)

Thank you for your kind words, but I do not have any service to be thanked for. ;)

He got an Iraqi Service Medal, which means he went over the birm into a hostile fire zone. He was in an infantry unit. They don't give you a CIB when you see guys in your unit blown up in IED attacks. They only give it to you if you're in a firefight. I remember the worst part of being deployed in places like Iraq was waiting to get blown up while driving down the road.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back