Satanic Temple Wins IRS Rccognition as a Tax Exempt Church

When a manger is put up somewhere, it isn't to piss other people off. If these guys want to put satan pictures up at the same time, are you telling me it is because of their heartfelt belief in Satan, or is it just because they want to piss people off?

Don't be dense here.
They don't actually believe in Satan!

All the more evidence they are doing this just to be assholes.

It's more about insulting other's faith than their own.
Oh please! You're the one being ass hole here. And a willfully ignorant one at that

Nope. The whole process they went to was basically give them cover so they can harass religious people.

Christians mostly, because most people like this don't have the balls to confront muslims.
So according to you, a group who fights for social justice, promotes egalitarianism and believes in religious freedom is anti Christian? Why do you have such a negative view of Christians?

They can say whatever they want about their "mission statement"

Their selection of the bad guy for the monotheistic religions as their "god" is enough evidence of their actual intent, being assholes to religious people.

Christians think they are the only ones who should be allowed to have a display.

You don't see that as being assholes?

I don't see many Christians bitching about Menorahs going up at the same time.

You really don't see a difference between celebrating one's own holiday and trying to piss on someone else's?

So now, you think only Christians should be able to celebrate federal holidays? I'm pretty sure Walmart and malls all across America would disagree with you.

Wow, talk about a goalpost move....

You keep dancing around my obvious point that they only reason the Satanists are doing this is to improve their ability to piss of religious people.

You keep adding more strawman because you can't admit the point above.

They are doing it because they meet the requirements to be considered a religion. The same exact requirements other religions must meet. Pissing you off is just a happy coincidence.

Nice try. We all know the pissing off isn't a bonus, it's a feature. You just can't admit it.

Why are progressives so unable to be honest about their policies and goals?

Can you give one reason why your religious group should be allowed extra privileges but others shouldn't? When you were a kid, were you happy to get ice cream, or were you upset when you weren't the only one to get some?

I don't see many Christians bitching about Menorahs going up at the same time.

You really don't see a difference between celebrating one's own holiday and trying to piss on someone else's?

So now, you think only Christians should be able to celebrate federal holidays? I'm pretty sure Walmart and malls all across America would disagree with you.

You keep dancing around my obvious point that they only reason the Satanists are doing this is to improve their ability to piss of religious people.

They are doing it because they meet the requirements to be considered a religion. The same exact requirements other religions must meet. Pissing you off is just a happy coincidence.

Nice try. We all know the pissing off isn't a bonus, it's a feature. You just can't admit it.

Can you give one reason why your religious group should be allowed extra privileges but others shouldn't? When you were a kid, were you happy to get ice cream, or were you upset when you weren't the only one to get some?

What extra privileges?

Free exercise is a right, not a privilege. Tax exempt status can be obtained for many other reasons besides being a religious organization.

What extra privileges?

Free exercise is a right, not a privilege. Tax exempt status can be obtained for many other reasons besides being a religious organization.

So what exactly are you whining about? What specifically do you think Christians, and only Christians should be allowed to do to the exclusion of others, and why should those things be exclusive to your religious group?

What extra privileges?

So what exactly are you whining about? What specifically do you think Christians, and only Christians should be allowed to do to the exclusion of others, and why should those things be exclusive to your religious group?

Where did I every say that?

I am calling these morons out for creating this "Church" for the sole purpose of being assholes towards religious people.

The fact you have to add "arguments" I am not even making just shows you can't admit you realize this whole thing is just atheist assholes being atheist assholes.

What extra privileges?

I am calling these morons out for creating this "Church" for the sole purpose of being assholes towards religious people.

The fact you have to add "arguments" I am not even making just shows you can't admit you realize this whole thing is just atheist assholes being atheist assholes.

Got it. It's not so much that they gained recognition as a religion. It's that they exist in the first place that upsets you. What a loving Christian attitude you have.

What extra privileges?

Got it. It's not so much that they gained recognition as a religion. It's that they exist in the first place that upsets you. What a loving Christian attitude you have.
Any pigs and a cliff close by ?

You didn't read the post did you. ? If you did you would know that they explained very eloquently why they did it. However you just choose to shoot from the hip without bothering to inform yourself

I thought he eloquently got it right. It's atheists using Satan symbols for their own self-interest -- to promote egalitarianism, social justice and the separation of church and state. They do not believe Satan exists when he does inside them. It's a racist organization that promotes Planned Parenthood and genocide.

Here's how it goes. Just replace witches of Salem with Satanic Temple-ists or Satanics.

Chick.com: Satan Comes To Salem

Last edited:
You didn't read the post did you. ? If you did you would know that they explained very eloquently why they did it. However you just choose to shoot from the hip without bothering to inform yourself

I thought he eloquently got it right. It's atheists using Satan symbols for their own self-interest -- to promote egalitarianism, social justice and the separation of church and state. They do not believe Satan exists when he does inside them. It's a racist organization that promotes Planned Parenthood and genocide.

Here's how it goes. Just replace witches of Salem with Satanic Temple-ists or Satanics.

I'm gonna say that since you believe in Satan, and they don't, they have a whole lot more sense than you. Satan, like God was conjured up by men who seek to control fools like you with fear of death. Take responsibility-and credit- for the evil and the good that is just part of human nature.

I'm gonna say that since you believe in Satan, and they don't, they have a whole lot more sense than you. Satan, like God was conjured up by men who seek to control fools like you with fear of death. Take responsibility-and credit- for the evil and the good that is just part of human nature.

Why should I fear death when I have Jesus and the Holy Spirit with me? "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4 We all have that little voice in the back of our heads that says you know this is true. It is what's right. At the end, we are judged for what we believed and did in life.

It is you who has Satan in your heart who should be fearful. As your life ends, you end up spiritually dead and one day we will be judged for all time. However, Satan has a voice, too, and he says that you will not die, i.e. spiritually die. How many times has he fooled people with that? Listen to these what these Satanic Temple-ists say and believe. Even though they say they do not believe in Satan, they use his statue and tools of worship.

The truth is "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil." 2 Corinthians 5:10

Why should I fear death when I have Jesus and the Holy Spirit with me? "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4 We all have that little voice in the back of our heads that says you know this is true. It is what's right. At the end, we are judged for what we believed and did in life.

It is you who has Satan in your heart who should be fearful. As your life ends, you end up spiritually dead and one day we will be judged for all time. However, Satan has a voice, too, and he says that you will not die, i.e. spiritually die. How many times has he fooled people with that? Listen to these what these Satanic Temple-ists say and believe. Even though they say they do not believe in Satan, they use his statue and tools of worship.

The truth is "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil." 2 Corinthians 5:10
Your preaching does not impress me. I am comfortable in my skin and not afraid of burning in hell. I do not believe in God but accept the possibility of a God , although I doubt it. And even if there is a God, we are incapable of knowing the nature of God. I believe in spirituality- that there is more to life than flesh and bones- that there is something beyond physical life but I don't delude myself into knowing what that is. This is all independent of any sort of religious beliefs that superimpose man made dogma and doctrine on whatever spiritual aspects there are to the human existence. There may well be a life force that connects us all in life and death and that may be the God you speak of, in that sense we are all God. God is not a force outside of us but within us. But these are just my thoughts and I, unlike you and religious people, have not deluded myself into thinking that I know, or can know the truth. I have said many time, when we die, we will either know everything, or know nothing- dreamless sleep for ever and ever.

When a manger is put up somewhere, it isn't to piss other people off. If these guys want to put satan pictures up at the same time, are you telling me it is because of their heartfelt belief in Satan, or is it just because they want to piss people off?

Don't be dense here.
They don't actually believe in Satan!

All the more evidence they are doing this just to be assholes.

It's more about insulting other's faith than their own.
Oh please! You're the one being ass hole here. And a willfully ignorant one at that

Nope. The whole process they went to was basically give them cover so they can harass religious people.

Christians mostly, because most people like this don't have the balls to confront muslims.
So according to you, a group who fights for social justice, promotes egalitarianism and believes in religious freedom is anti Christian? Why do you have such a negative view of Christians?

So here we are, in 2019, when people do not understand that declaring yourself a SATANIST or the Church of Satan is, yes, the most anti-Christian you can get.

Play with fire, get burnt. Or as the Bible says, reaping and sowing. You folks are playing around in spiritual things you either are ignorant to or don't care about.

So be it.

Maranatha. Soon.

Your preaching does not impress me. I am comfortable in my skin and not afraid of burning in hell. I do not believe in God but accept the possibility of a God , although I doubt it. And even if there is a God, we are incapable of knowing the nature of God. I believe in spirituality- that there is more to life than flesh and bones- that there is something beyond physical life but I don't delude myself into knowing what that is. This is all independent of any sort of religious beliefs that superimpose man made dogma and doctrine on whatever spiritual aspects there are to the human existence. There may well be a life force that connects us all in life and death and that may be the God you speak of, in that sense we are all God. God is not a force outside of us but within us. But these are just my thoughts and I, unlike you and religious people, have not deluded myself into thinking that I know, or can know the truth. I have said many time, when we die, we will either know everything, or know nothing- dreamless sleep for ever and ever.

You said in two sentences put together that you cannot know the truth but then proclaimed to know the binary things that will happen when we die: know nothing or know everything. Your "beliefs" are a hot mess. That's what a hot mess they are.

I am not preaching when I quoted the Bible. That is to explain my faith and how it helps when someone like you tries to dissuade it by stating that I am afraid of death. Why should I be afraid when we believers know Jesus died for our sins?

However, this and what you veered of into is not the topic to be discussed; It is the Satanic Temple. These Satanists (apparently what they call themselves) are deluding themselves. They are probably homosexuals who do not want to change their lives since they believe they are gay or LBGTQ. This is far from the truth. There is no gay gene and people are not born gay. Once somebody adopts the gay lifestyle, then it is difficult to change. There is no LBGTQ identity nor orientation. That stuff is all made-up stuff by liberal social scientists in order to promote their political agenda of Hollywood values.

Second, the Satanic Temple sounds like it was created to tweak their nose at Christians and the influence they have in the United States and throughout the world. They have adopted Baphomet and use him to promote their sinful values of homosexuality and abortion. They also want to promote Hollywood values -- "characterized by public obscenities, decadence, narcissism, hypocrisy, rampant drug use, extramarital sex leading to the spread of sexually-transmitted disease, abortion, lawlessness and the promotion of the homosexual agenda."

It also seems like they want to promote the liberal values of being green, but who is going to do good deeds when they use Baphomet as one of their main symbols. It is a joke.

I am not preaching when I quoted the Bible. That is to explain my faith and how it helps when someone like you tries to dissuade it by stating that I am afraid of death. Why should I be afraid when we believers know Jesus died for our sins?
By definition, you are indeed preaching when you quote the bible and present fables as facts. But hey, you are certainly entitled to believe what you will, and I am not trying to dissuade you from anything. That is as as long as you practice your faith in a way that does not impinge on others right not to participate in or abide by your beliefs. To claim that I have "Satan in my heart" because I expressed support for an alternative religion that in reality has nothing to do with the worship of Satan , when you know nothing about me, if religious dogma at it's most insidious.

owever, this and what you veered of into is not the topic to be discussed; It is the Satanic Temple. These Satanists (apparently what they call themselves) are deluding themselves. They are probably homosexuals who do not want to change their lives since they believe they are gay or LBGTQ. This is far from the truth. There is no gay gene and people are not born gay. Once somebody adopts the gay lifestyle, then it is difficult to change. There is no LBGTQ identity nor orientation. That stuff is all made-up stuff by liberal social scientists in order to promote their political agenda of Hollywood values.

So you believe that there must be a "gene " for a group to be validated and afforded rights? Got news for you. There is no Jesus gene, but there is strong evidence that there a biological basis for homosexuality. Being a Christian, and being a bigot is a choice.

Homosexuality, not so much. Study Finds Epigenetics, Not Genetics, Underlies Homosexuality

Read and learn if you dare

Second, the Satanic Temple sounds like it was created to tweak their nose at Christians and the influence they have in the United States and throughout the world. They have adopted Baphomet and use him to promote their sinful values of homosexuality and abortion. They also want to promote Hollywood values -- "characterized by public obscenities, decadence, narcissism, hypocrisy, rampant drug use, extramarital sex leading to the spread of sexually-transmitted disease, abortion, lawlessness and the promotion of the homosexual agenda."

It also seems like they want to promote the liberal values of being green, but who is going to do good deeds when they use Baphomet as one of their main symbols. It is a joke.
So the voices in your head are telling you that everything progressive is sinful obscene, decadent, narcissistic, lawless, and against the will of god. Holy shit ! Really? You have problems !

Satanic Temple Wins Official IRS Recognition As Tax-Exempt Church

As announced by Church leaders:

We are pleased to announce that for the first time in history, a satanic organization has been recognized by the United States federal government as being a church. The Satanic Temple recently received notice from the IRS affirming our status. This acknowledgement will help make sure the Satanic Temple has the same access to public spaces as other religious organizations, affirm our standing in court when battling religious discrimination and enable us to apply for faith-based government grants.

It's a great day for religious freedom in America!

In a statement, Lucien Greaves, co-founder The Satanic Temple, explains why the group sought out tax-exempt status:

In light of theocratic assaults upon the Separation of Church and State in the legislative effort to establish a codified place of privilege for one religious viewpoint, we feel that accepting religious tax exemption — rather than renouncing in protest — can help us to better assert our claims to equal access and exemption while laying to rest any suspicion that we don’t meet the qualifications of a true religious organization. Satanism is here to stay.

And by the way, before anyone has apoplexy, they do not believe in of worship Satan

For the record, the Satanic Temple does not promote the worship of Satan, or any other imaginary deity. Instead, the group utilizes satanic imagery to promote egalitarianism, social justice, and the separation of church and state.

The Satanic Temple is a faith community that describes itself as facilitating “the communication and mobilization of politically aware Satanists, secularists, and advocates for individual liberty.”
Let us pray.

Our father who ain't in heaven. Unhallowed be thy name...

By definition, you are indeed preaching when you quote the bible and present fables as facts. But hey, you are certainly entitled to believe what you will, and I am not trying to dissuade you from anything. That is as as long as you practice your faith in a way that does not impinge on others right not to participate in or abide by your beliefs. To claim that I have "Satan in my heart" because I expressed support for an alternative religion that in reality has nothing to do with the worship of Satan , when you know nothing about me, if religious dogma at it's most insidious.

You have no evidence whatsoever that the Bible is fable. Atheists/agnostics are usually wrong and you are wrong.

As for having Satan in your heart, it is my opinion based on your support for this kind of group -- Satanic Temple. I do not disagree with their getting tax-exempt status, but do disagree with their beliefs and statements. Why I think it is important is not impingement, but atheists/agnostics do not think Satan exists. That is one of the tricks that Satan has implemented. You can disagree, but you do not have evidence that Satan does not exist.

Satanic Temple Wins Official IRS Recognition As Tax-Exempt Church

As announced by Church leaders:

We are pleased to announce that for the first time in history, a satanic organization has been recognized by the United States federal government as being a church. The Satanic Temple recently received notice from the IRS affirming our status. This acknowledgement will help make sure the Satanic Temple has the same access to public spaces as other religious organizations, affirm our standing in court when battling religious discrimination and enable us to apply for faith-based government grants.

It's a great day for religious freedom in America!

In a statement, Lucien Greaves, co-founder The Satanic Temple, explains why the group sought out tax-exempt status:

In light of theocratic assaults upon the Separation of Church and State in the legislative effort to establish a codified place of privilege for one religious viewpoint, we feel that accepting religious tax exemption — rather than renouncing in protest — can help us to better assert our claims to equal access and exemption while laying to rest any suspicion that we don’t meet the qualifications of a true religious organization. Satanism is here to stay.

And by the way, before anyone has apoplexy, they do not believe in of worship Satin

For the record, the Satanic Temple does not promote the worship of Satan, or any other imaginary deity. Instead, the group utilizes satanic imagery to promote egalitarianism, social justice, and the separation of church and state.

The Satanic Temple is a faith community that describes itself as facilitating “the communication and mobilization of politically aware Satanists, secularists, and advocates for individual liberty.”

So basically they are doing it just to be assholes?

They are doing it for the same reasons all religions do it. It gives extra privileges, and they can.
And the fact that it grants special privilege is a perversion of the First Amendment.

Forum List

Back