Saudi Arabia Takes Full Control Of Largest Oil Refinery In North America

dreamstime_m_41023572.jpg

With the sale of its interests this May, Royal Dutch Shell made Saudi Arabia the sole owner of the largest refinery of gasoline in North America.

Saudi Arabia now controls the massive Port Arthur Texas refinery and all of its assets.

Saudi Arabia now has the ability to shut down the largest source of gasoline in the US overnight if so commanded by the Royal Family.

The Saudi oil giant ARAMCO now also controls the huge network of Shell gas stations and presumably the prices set at those stations.
This is an interesting conclusion to the story of 911 with its Saudi citizen highjackers and the $3 trillion spent in our efforts to control the international oil markets by attacking Iraq and Afghanistan.

Saudi Arabia now controls the entire supply chain from the ground to the pump and can use this to economic and political advantage as they wish.

We won’t know if this power will be abused for generations but we can be sure they will never sell the Port Arthur refinery back to the Americans.

Saudi Arabia takes full control of the largest oil refinery in North America

Too fucking funny. Now you fucking globalists are whining about globalization.

Yup, you're truly libtarded.

Making America great again!

paying Saudi to refine Canadian shit sludge, so they can Export it and get filthy richer makes America great again how?

American jobs and American taxes, just awful!
Would be better if it was American owned so there are American profits, wouldn't you agree?

You're free to use American money to build an American refinery, if you choose.
Or buy ARAMCO stock when it goes public, to capture some of those profits for America.
No shit. So what? There has been some pretty comical flip flops after this election but please don't tell me you are not concerned about The Saudis owning the largest oil refinery in the US! The Chinese have been buying up businesses and real estate for years, this goes along the same lines and it is not a good thing for America. Just because it is now happening under a Trump presidency doesn't mean you have to make excuses for it

There has been some pretty comical flip flops after this election but please don't tell me you are not concerned about The Saudis owning the largest oil refinery in the US!

Are you worried they're going to disassemble it and move it elsewhere?
Or that they'll stop making gas there? Cause a shortage?

The Chinese have been buying up businesses and real estate for years,

They have dollars, where do you think dollars get spent?

this goes along the same lines and it is not a good thing for America.

What do you suggest we do? Outlaw the purchase of stuff from foreigners?
Outlaw the sale of stuff to foreigners?

paying Saudi to refine Canadian shit sludge, so they can Export it and get filthy richer makes America great again how?

Would be better if it was American owned so there are American profits, wouldn't you agree?

Or buy ARAMCO stock when it goes public, to capture some of those profits for America.
No shit. So what? There has been some pretty comical flip flops after this election but please don't tell me you are not concerned about The Saudis owning the largest oil refinery in the US! The Chinese have been buying up businesses and real estate for years, this goes along the same lines and it is not a good thing for America. Just because it is now happening under a Trump presidency doesn't mean you have to make excuses for it

There has been some pretty comical flip flops after this election but please don't tell me you are not concerned about The Saudis owning the largest oil refinery in the US!

I see US businesses moving to other countries and I see other countries buying businesses in the US. It's a dangerous path. We promote a free market in this country so I don't think we can take any drastic measures at this time but this should be a focus of discussion so we can start with small measures before we find our country being owned by outsiders.

I see US businesses moving to other countries and I see other countries buying businesses in the US. It's a dangerous path. We promote a free market in this country so I don't think we can take any drastic measures at this time but this should be a focus of discussion so we can start with small measures before we find our country being owned by outsiders.

I don't see much of a problem that can't move the thing and they want to make money.

I don't see much of a problem that can't move the thing and they want to make money.
I'm not understanding your point... can you elaborate?

It's raining out messing up my phone should of said "they"

Buy stuff out keep it running instead of going in mouth balls ..down here in South Carolina we have had a huge problem with abandon textile Mills ..it's getting better...do you see know what I am saying?

Up in Chicago it was the same thing in old abandon factory's .

So what's better foreign investment or the alternative drugs and crime?

Uranium One.

Buy stuff out keep it running instead of going in mouth balls ..down here in South Carolina we have had a huge problem with abandon textile Mills ..it's getting better...do you see know what I am saying?

I see your point... Foreign investment is fine and a good thing in many instances but the big picture needs to be considered so that the ownership of businesses and property in this country doesn't get away from ourselves

I see US businesses moving to other countries and I see other countries buying businesses in the US. It's a dangerous path.

Why is it dangerous?

we can start with small measures before we find our country being owned by outsiders.

How much do outsiders own now?

Uranium One.

What about Hillary's corruption?

I see your point... Foreign investment is fine and a good thing in many instances but the big picture needs to be considered so that the ownership of businesses and property in this country doesn't get away from ourselves

I get that, the biggest problem I see is natural resources like water rights in the USA

I posted this article before..

Saudi land purchases in California and Arizona fuel debate over water rights

I see US businesses moving to other countries and I see other countries buying businesses in the US. It's a dangerous path.

Why?
It is amazing how powerful those three letters can be... You know, if I am being honest, I haven't really thought too deeply about the "why" i guess I always viewed foreign ownership of U.S. businesses and property as a threat to our sovereignty and power. As their ownership of assets and debt increases so does their power and influence. I appreciate you asking me WHY. Trying to answer that question has helped me realize the many advantages that can also come from foreign investment. bear513 made a good point about empty factory buildings. There are jobs, new technologies, tax revenue etc that all get introduced into our economy from foreign investment.

Saudi Arabia has The Orb and it has Donald under its spell.
America is powerless to resist.

Also...they gave The Don a shiny medal so he'll give them whatever they want.

What about shutting it down for maintenance right before the start of the peak driving season?

It has more to do with the special blends of the government rules and regulations but it is a good question is Saudi trying to influence the US fracking industry more?

Why?
It is amazing how powerful those three letters can be... You know, if I am being honest, I haven't really thought too deeply about the "why" i guess I always viewed foreign ownership of U.S. businesses and property as a threat to our sovereignty and power. As their ownership of assets and debt increases so does their power and influence. I appreciate you asking me WHY. Trying to answer that question has helped me realize the many advantages that can also come from foreign investment. bear513 made a good point about empty factory buildings. There are jobs, new technologies, tax revenue etc that all get introduced into our economy from foreign investment.

Foreigners invest in America because of the faith they have in our country. The rule of law, the economy and our military might to protect our ideals is what makes America attractive in the first place. The United States benefits enormously from foreigners bringing their money here and investing in America. Imagine you live in a blighted area. If a foreigner decided to come in and invest to supply jobs, would you really think that's a bad thing?

The Saudis can't do anything to us. They might have 45 years ago, with their oil embargo, but today, the swing producer in oil is US fracking. All they're trying to do is protect their markets. American corporations act no differently.

Forum List

Back