Saudi Arabia Takes Full Control Of Largest Oil Refinery In North America

I see US businesses moving to other countries and I see other countries buying businesses in the US. It's a dangerous path.

Why?
It is amazing how powerful those three letters can be... You know, if I am being honest, I haven't really thought too deeply about the "why" i guess I always viewed foreign ownership of U.S. businesses and property as a threat to our sovereignty and power. As their ownership of assets and debt increases so does their power and influence. I appreciate you asking me WHY. Trying to answer that question has helped me realize the many advantages that can also come from foreign investment. bear513 made a good point about empty factory buildings. There are jobs, new technologies, tax revenue etc that all get introduced into our economy from foreign investment.
To add another side to the discussion which is likely the source of my caution... My Uncle and Cousins own a pizza business in Washington. Recently a Chinese company bought out the shopping center that their business is in. Now they are seeing existing businesses moving out and Chinese businesses moving in. They are worried about their future when it is time to renew their lease.

To add another side to the discussion which is likely the source of my caution... My Uncle and Cousins own a pizza business in Washington. Recently a Chinese company bought out the shopping center that their business is in. Now they are seeing existing businesses moving out and Chinese businesses moving in. They are worried about their future when it is time to renew their lease.

And my favorite liquor store and bar is going to have to close because local, American investors have decided to drive out the businesses in the shopping area so they can tear it down and redevelop it.

I'm so fucking pissed! They have the best bourbon selection in the city!

What about shutting it down for maintenance right before the start of the peak driving season?

Yes, businesses love to shut down an enormous refinery so that they can't benefit from the higher prices for the product they aren't producing.

What are you stupid. Gas prices are at a low, under $2.50 a gallon. A one month shutdown would result in prices hitting $3.50 or more. That's when they cash in on the shutdown.

Do you remember a company named ENRON?

dreamstime_m_41023572.jpg

With the sale of its interests this May, Royal Dutch Shell made Saudi Arabia the sole owner of the largest refinery of gasoline in North America.

Saudi Arabia now controls the massive Port Arthur Texas refinery and all of its assets.

Saudi Arabia now has the ability to shut down the largest source of gasoline in the US overnight if so commanded by the Royal Family.

The Saudi oil giant ARAMCO now also controls the huge network of Shell gas stations and presumably the prices set at those stations.
This is an interesting conclusion to the story of 911 with its Saudi citizen highjackers and the $3 trillion spent in our efforts to control the international oil markets by attacking Iraq and Afghanistan.

Saudi Arabia now controls the entire supply chain from the ground to the pump and can use this to economic and political advantage as they wish.

We won’t know if this power will be abused for generations but we can be sure they will never sell the Port Arthur refinery back to the Americans.

Saudi Arabia takes full control of the largest oil refinery in North America

Oil is currently of little consequence, as there is a World glut and prices are stagnant.

And in other news you r high again aren't you

It has more to do with the special blends of the government rules and regulations but it is a good question is Saudi trying to influence the US fracking industry more?

Saudi Arabia can't control fracking, but now they control cracking.

Oil is currently of little consequence, as there is a World glut and prices are stagnant.

And in other news you r high again aren't you

Saudi Arabia can't control oil prices, but if they control the biggest refinery in North America, they control gasoline prices.

What about shutting it down for maintenance right before the start of the peak driving season?

Yes, businesses love to shut down an enormous refinery so that they can't benefit from the higher prices for the product they aren't producing.

What are you stupid. Gas prices are at a low, under $2.50 a gallon. A one month shutdown would result in prices hitting $3.50 or more. That's when they cash in on the shutdown.

If their refinery is not producing gasoline, how do they benefit from the higher price?

I do. Do you have any questions about it?

It has more to do with the special blends of the government rules and regulations but it is a good question is Saudi trying to influence the US fracking industry more?

Saudi Arabia can't control fracking, but now they control cracking.

You didn't read about the bust towns ..

They tried..

Just one example

Jerry Lee’s Emporium in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania, there was a sign on the front door, handwritten in marker: “Store closing for good.”

Jerry Lee Edwards opened the store in 2014. He came from southern West Virginia to sell clothes to workers in Pennsylvania’s booming natural gas industry. He stocked items like fire-resistant coveralls, jeans and work pants. He also carried a few other things, like flags—the Marine Corps and Mexican flags, and yes, the Confederate flag. “I’ve sold over a thousand rebel flags in this area alone,” he says.

Before coming to Waynesburg, Edwards sold work clothes to coal miners in West Virginia. But as that industry suffered, he moved north to Pennsylvania. For the first six months, business was good.

“Then it just started going down and down and down,” Edwards says. Sales dropped to about 10 or 20 percent of what they were during the boom times. It got so bad, he decided to close his shop this spring

When A Fracking Boom Goes Bust

Enron has nothing to do with your argument.

If their refinery is not producing gasoline, how do they benefit from the higher price?

Geeeez. You must have been home schooled.

Doesn't anybody read history? Enron shut down west coast energy generation until prices went up nearly several fold. Enron sold energy generated in California, back to California through Nevada, so they paid three times as much because it came from out of state.

Geeeez. You must have been home schooled.

Home school students do tend to outperform public school students.
Based on your weak understanding of economics, your public school should be ashamed.

Doesn't anybody read history? Enron shut down west coast energy generation until prices went up nearly several fold. Enron sold energy generated in California, back to California through Nevada, so they paid three times as much because it came from out of state.

They ran rings around the stupid regulations California imposed on their utility companies.

dreamstime_m_41023572.jpg

With the sale of its interests this May, Royal Dutch Shell made Saudi Arabia the sole owner of the largest refinery of gasoline in North America.

Saudi Arabia now controls the massive Port Arthur Texas refinery and all of its assets.

Saudi Arabia now has the ability to shut down the largest source of gasoline in the US overnight if so commanded by the Royal Family.

The Saudi oil giant ARAMCO now also controls the huge network of Shell gas stations and presumably the prices set at those stations.
This is an interesting conclusion to the story of 911 with its Saudi citizen highjackers and the $3 trillion spent in our efforts to control the international oil markets by attacking Iraq and Afghanistan.

Saudi Arabia now controls the entire supply chain from the ground to the pump and can use this to economic and political advantage as they wish.

We won’t know if this power will be abused for generations but we can be sure they will never sell the Port Arthur refinery back to the Americans.

Saudi Arabia takes full control of the largest oil refinery in North America

Isn't Port Arthur where the arms are made that Trump made the deal with the Saudis?

Forum List

Back