Saudi beauty queen

There is a difference between a hijab and a niqab which is forbidden during Hajj.
I'm aware of this. Hence "veil" - anything, including a niqab, that covers a woman's face.

Reasons why there may be differences of opinion.

1. Misogynistic radicals like the fools you worship invent justifications for their oppression of women.

Since covering one's face is forbidden while in the state of ihram, there is no logical reason to believe it should be required in a woman's day-to-day life.
I would think the reason would be obvious , during the hajj rituals a muslim man would try to undertake a posture of piety righteousness and be focused on remembering allah.
It this state he would unlikely be distracted by the Fitnah of a woman, since intercourse is forbidden .

Unfortunately for you, this viewpoint is not expressed in the Qur'an and cannot be justified religiously. Ihram is a state of pure piety - if a woman can satisfy the requirements of ihram and remain wholly pious with her face uncovered, there is absolutely no reason to believe that she should be required to hide her face at other times for the sake of piety and modesty. That is her prerogative.

I'm aware of this. Hence "veil" - anything, including a niqab, that covers a woman's face.

1. Misogynistic radicals like the fools you worship invent justifications for their oppression of women.

Since covering one's face is forbidden while in the state of ihram, there is no logical reason to believe it should be required in a woman's day-to-day life.
I would think the reason would be obvious , during the hajj rituals a muslim man would try to undertake a posture of piety righteousness and be focused on remembering allah.
It this state he would unlikely be distracted by the Fitnah of a woman, since intercourse is forbidden .

Unfortunately for you, this viewpoint is not expressed in the Qur'an and cannot be justified religiously. Ihram is a state of pure piety - if a woman can satisfy the requirements of ihram and remain wholly pious with her face uncovered, there is absolutely no reason to believe that she should be required to hide her face at other times for the sake of piety and modesty. That is her prerogative.

33:59. O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e.screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allâh is Ever Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful
The Noble Quran : Surat 33

O Prophet! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

What is the trouble and annoyed they are speaking of here?

I was looking for show clothing to show my Arab in. I got depressed checking out the female garb....I want to dress like a bedouin MAN, which is of course, punishable by death...

AlHannah Islamic Clothing - Muslim Mens Dishdasha, Salwar and More

Men's Jalabiya - Bisht

but you may be thinking what is more like Punjabi men's fancy dress/wedding type, much more elaborate:
Sherwani - Exporter, Importer & Manufacturer, Varanasi, India

Wedding Mens Wear at Utsav

Middle Eastern seems to me to be more austere, and understated.....

I've checked out most of those sites. There are some Egyptian sites that are authentic, very cool.

What is the trouble and annoyed they are speaking of here?

The poor treatment that Muslim women may have received from foolish men if they were mistaken for slaves. Dressing modestly would identify them as free women and Muslimahs.

The poor treatment ?
What does that mean?

Precisely what it says.

the - used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an.

poor - deficient in moral excellence; cowardly, abject, or mean.

treatment - action or behavior toward a person, animal, etc.

It means if a man is poor his wife can divorce him. Otherwise, she's shit out of luck.

Of course, it's a lie. Poor is relative.

The poor treatment ?
What does that mean?

Precisely what it says.

the - used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an.

poor - deficient in moral excellence; cowardly, abject, or mean.

treatment - action or behavior toward a person, animal, etc.
You had something specific in mind when you wrote it.If not can you give an example of what the poor treatment a slave girl could expect from a muslim?

You had something specific in mind when you wrote it.
Not really.

If not can you give an example of what the poor treatment a slave girl could expect from a muslim?
The men harassing or mistreating the Muslimahs would not be Muslims.
More likely they would be muslims thinking they could snatch someone off the street in a personal jihad to enslave .

My friend told me that if there is a islamic battle and after winning that battle if muslims capture some women they are free to do whatever they want to do with them...

then they are free to do whatever they want to do with them. i.e have sex without marriage or marry them or kill them or free them or do what ever they please. Is this true. Please narrate any instances if this is true

Slavery was prevalent long before the advent of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) and Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) left it to exist even after his attaining prophethood. But Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) adopted many schemes to abolish it e.g. continuously encouraging the Sahabah (Radhiallaahu Anhu) to free the slaves and also laying down many conditions for possessing one.

If an Islamic battle breaks out in which the Muslims attain booty which includes women, then the leader will distribute the booty amongst the participants. If a person receives a slave girl in his share allocated to him by the leader then he has the option of either freeing her or keeping her for his own needs, which includes having intimate relations with her without the need for Nikah (i.e. if she is a Muslim, Christian or Jew). The owner and leader both are not allowed to kill the slave girl.

In the present age it is difficult to find Shar’ee slave girls as the rules and regulations of owning slaves are not found, therefore it is not permissible to buy any man or woman nor have intimate relationships with such women without performing Nikah with her first. (Fataawaa Rahimiyyah, Vol. 1, Page 50-58)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Muhammad Ashraf
Darul Ifta – Jameah Mahmoodiya, Springs

JOINT PROJECT WITH DARUL IFTA, MADRASAH IN’AAMIYYAH, CAMPERDOWN

More likely they would be muslims
The ummah was small and its members were familiar with each other - they would not be mistaken for slaves by other Muslims.

Slavery was prevalent long before the advent of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) and Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) left it to exist even after his attaining prophethood. But Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) adopted many schemes to abolish it e.g. continuously encouraging the Sahabah (Radhiallaahu Anhu) to free the slaves and also laying down many conditions for possessing one.

And what is it that you find wrong with this?

More likely they would be muslims
The ummah was small and its members were familiar with each other - they would not be mistaken for slaves by other Muslims.

And what is it that you find wrong with this?
QFP
unbelievable.

QFP
unbelievable.

:lol:

Spare us your false outrage. Tell me, Fitnuts, how is it that slavery was abolished in America? It was for the most part disdained by our founders. In the constitutional spirit of liberty, did they abolish it immediately or did they create conditions that would cause it to phase out gradually?

Where is your outrage over their actions? Why does Muhammad receive it when, in fact, his feelings and actions were essentially the same as theirs? Shit, I forgot - none of the founders were Muslims. :lol:

QFP
unbelievable.

Spare us your false outrage. Tell me, Fitnuts, how is it that slavery was abolished in America? It was for the most part disdained by our founders. In the constitutional spirit of liberty, did they abolish it immediately or did they create conditions that would cause it to phase out gradually?

Where is your outrage over their actions? Why does Muhammad receive it when, in fact, his feelings and actions were essentially the same as theirs? Shit, I forgot - none of the founders were Muslims. :lol:
A logical fallacy smörgåsbord .
ad hominem, strawman, Tu Quoque and more.

QFP
unbelievable.

A logical fallacy smörgåsbord .
ad hominem, strawman, Tu Quoque and more.

Shouldn't be too difficult for you to address, then. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back