Saudis threatens US over 9/11 bill in Congress.

The truth needs told, and so what if they sell off their assets? That will only hurt them.

seems to me hard to PROVE in the case of Saudi arabia-----that THE SAUDI GOVERNMENT took part in the 9-11-01 atrocity----one would HAVE to
prove that SAUDI CITIZENS are incited by governmental policy to strike the USA--
or prover GOVERNMENTAL SUPPORT. Governments should CERTAINLY be
responsible for acts OF THAT GOVERMENT----whether direct involvement or
INCITEMENT thru education and governmental policy. A good example of
incitement and direct involvement in the PAST-----was the government of SADDAM HUSSEIN-------to day it is IRAN/!!!! INCITEMENT, EDUCATION and DIRECT INVOVEMENT AND FUNDING

I am thinking it should be released. But I am also thinking that the OP is all for the release because it can only look badly on Bush not Obama. That said, Obama just bowed down and kissed the ring of the prince so I don't think that we will be seeing what is in the report very soon.

I am thinking it should be released. But I am also thinking that the OP is all for the release because it can only look badly on Bush not Obama. That said, Obama just bowed down and kissed the ring of the prince so I don't think that we will be seeing what is in the report very soon.

the report may be classified for reasons related to the security of the USA-----sheeesh----SOME STUFF IS CONFIDENTIAL FOR A REASON

Fuck Saudi Arabia. They're an oppressive backwards country who are only in our good graces because at the end of the day money talks.

the report may be classified for reasons related to the security of the USA-----sheeesh----SOME STUFF IS CONFIDENTIAL FOR A REASON

Maybe, and that would be a reason to maybe not release it. But so far no one has said that is the case.

I'm not worried about Saudi sell off of US assets. Big whooptidoo. If the assets have value, they'll have just as much value in the hands of someone else.

While I'm convinced of some amount of complaciency by the Saudi government (the Saudi family is now massive, and certainly one or more princes is a bad egg).... the problem I worry about is, what happens if a far worse government replaces the Saudis?

The US has a long history of failing to hold strong to a goal internationally.

The Shah of Iran, may not have been a perfect solution, but can you say it's much better now?

Clearly we didn't stay in Iraq long enough for a government to take hold, and maintain authority.

We ditched South Vietnam, and allowed their people slaughtered. Thankfully today they are non-issue.

If we destabilize the Saudi government... What happens if a radical government like we've seen elsewhere, gains control of the vast oil wealth of Arabia?

And by the way, a radical government is nearly the defacto outcome if we lose the Saudis. The largest and most powerful concentration of religious power, is the Imams of the most holy places in Arabia. If the Saudis fall... the Imams will take control, I can almost guarantee that. It will be the most radical Islamic government to have ever existed.

I have thought... could be wrong... but I have thought that the fall of the Saudis would be the precursor to world war 3. A radical Islamic government in control of the energy supply of the entire world, combined with a dangerous Iran engaged in proxy wars, backed by Russia. Bad combination there.

Another good argument for getting off oil addiction.

Great. Sounds wonderful. Too bad it's impossible.

There is no way to stop using oil. The idea is wonderful to have, but completely beyond the current, and foreseeable future of technology.

Addiction and use are not synonymous. Sometimes, substances are used to get out of addiction.

This doesn't have to do with just Saudia Arabia, it also has to do with the CIA and America's "Deep State."

The CIA knew that the Saudi Intelligence was backing and funding the 9/11 conspirators, but was more concerned with it's organizational mission and it's clients than with national security.

Skip to minute 24:00 for a great discussion on the topic of the Saudi Royal family.

Forget about those 28 pages or that 9/11 bill. You don't have a representative government anymore. This is all an illusion to make you feel good.

Former FBI Agent Mark Rossini Driven to Expose CIA’s 9/11 Secret
Former FBI Agent Mark Rossini Driven to Expose CIA’s 9/11 Secret

Given the history-altering nature of the CIA’s silencing of Miller and Rossini, and the documented dishonesty of CIA supervisors that followed it, one would expect the incident to command an entire chapter within the 9/11 Commission Report—ostensibly a definitive accounting of the attacks and the government’s failure to thwart them. Instead, it’s relegated to a single endnote, buried deep within 116 pages of tiny print in the back of the book.

screen-shot-2015-09-11-at-1-14-06-am.png

Mr. Strada is not a footnote and neither is anybody else who died that day,” says Rossini with disgust. “I’m not a footnote, and you’re not a footnote. And to be treated like a footnote is sickening in a government that’s by the people for the people.”

There was a time when, so very fatefully, Mark Rossini was silenced. Today, he is speaking out forcefully and repeatedly, determined to help expose the secret buried somewhere behind footnote 44.

I doubt releasing the 28 pages would make much difference. The co-chair of the 911 commission said he didn't think most Americans would find a smoking gun there. But I still think the pages should be released and let a court of law decide the issue. The bill does not sound like a good idea.

As for making W look bad....REALLY? Is there anything that can be done to make him look worse? He has totally ruined the chance of another Bush in the WH, even though Jeb seems much more capable that W.

Forum List

Back