Save Samer, he is dying’: Samer Issawi,a Palestinian hunger striker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunger Striker Samer Issawi Invisible to Israeli Society

Read more: Hunger Striker Samer Issawi Invisible to Israeli Society - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

“Two hundred days? How is he still alive?” I asked Khader Adnan. If anyone could give me a reliable answer to this question, it's Adnan. After all, he started the wave of hunger strikes in Israeli prisons about a year ago, and since his release he has emerged as one of the most prominent activists on behalf of Palestinian prisoners. “It’s possible if he receives a glucose additive,” Adnan explains, “but Issawi hasn’t been taking glucose for the past 21 days, and his situation is deteriorating. He’s been hospitalized in the ICU and his life is at risk. I refused to take those pills and was on a total hunger strike until I was released.”

Adnan kept his hunger strike for 66 days. He was transferred to the ICU of Ziv Hospital in Safed in critical condition. Once his health improved, he was released to his home.
“I told the person who arrested me then, ‘Either you put me on trial or release me. If not, I’ll go on hunger strike.’” With that, Adnan, a low-ranking activist in the Islamic Jihad movement, who worked as a baker in his village, became a well-known figure much admired by the prisoners' community. According to Adnan, “There has been a reawakening in the Palestinian street, and a deep sense of identification with the prisoners’ struggle. It is like a new Intifada. Last Friday, for example, there were demonstrations in Huwara, Issawiya, Ofer Prison, Budrus, al-Arroub, Kalandia, Bil’in, Nabi Salih, and Ya’bad. People came out to demonstrate on behalf of the prisoners in every one of these places.”

Sherri

Hunger Striker Samer Issawi Invisible to Israeli Society

Read more: Hunger Striker Samer Issawi Invisible to Israeli Society - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

“Two hundred days? How is he still alive?” I asked Khader Adnan. If anyone could give me a reliable answer to this question, it's Adnan. After all, he started the wave of hunger strikes in Israeli prisons about a year ago, and since his release he has emerged as one of the most prominent activists on behalf of Palestinian prisoners. “It’s possible if he receives a glucose additive,” Adnan explains, “but Issawi hasn’t been taking glucose for the past 21 days, and his situation is deteriorating. He’s been hospitalized in the ICU and his life is at risk. I refused to take those pills and was on a total hunger strike until I was released.”

Adnan kept his hunger strike for 66 days. He was transferred to the ICU of Ziv Hospital in Safed in critical condition. Once his health improved, he was released to his home.
“I told the person who arrested me then, ‘Either you put me on trial or release me. If not, I’ll go on hunger strike.’” With that, Adnan, a low-ranking activist in the Islamic Jihad movement, who worked as a baker in his village, became a well-known figure much admired by the prisoners' community. According to Adnan, “There has been a reawakening in the Palestinian street, and a deep sense of identification with the prisoners’ struggle. It is like a new Intifada. Last Friday, for example, there were demonstrations in Huwara, Issawiya, Ofer Prison, Budrus, al-Arroub, Kalandia, Bil’in, Nabi Salih, and Ya’bad. People came out to demonstrate on behalf of the prisoners in every one of these places.”

Sherri

Why worry? The man went over 200 days without eating. Let him do a few hundred more. Then if still infecting the planet give him a slice of bread and a drink of water.
No need in over feeding the scum, right?:lol:

Everyone pray that some Weeping Turd Blossom doesn't go crying to have this thread moved. Just imagine. When Samer beats Old Scratch and is released, this thread will become an icon and millions will come here to worship.

Israel To Hold Emergency Hearing For Samer Issawi

Israel decided on the emergency court hearing without warning, the hearing will be on Tuesday.

This occurs as demonstrations continue unabated, demonstrations in support of prisoners on hunger strike, demonstrations spread despite continued confrontation with Israeli military forces.

Demonstrations are spreading across the West Bank, in Bethlehem several dozen activists blocked a road today. In Ramallah, about 50 activists demonstrated at a UN office.

JER01_PALESTINIANS-ISRAEL-PRISONERS_0218_11.JPG

Israeli border police officers scuffle with Palestinian demonstrators blocking a road outside the West Bank town of Bethlehem, during a protest calling for the release of Palestinian prisoners from Israeli jails on 18 February 2013. (Photo: Reuters - Ammar Awad)

"The Palestinian Authority's Minister for Prisoners' Affairs Issa Qaraqe warned against continued strikes and popular uprisings should Israel refuse to respond to the demands of prisoners, according to Ma’an. “International and regional pressures are being exerted on Israel intensively to save the lives of prisoner strikers, and President [Mahmoud Abbas] is personally following these moves to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe against the prisoners," Qaraqe added."

Israel to hold emergency hearing for Samer Issawi | Al Akhbar English)

Sherri

For discussion-----
If Israel caves to the demands for release of the
prisoners and the US caves to the demands for
release of Shaykh Abdel Rahman ----what effect
will those moves have on the nature of islamic
terrorism in the middle east and the rest of the world,
including in the USA???

For discussion-----
including in the USA???
If Israel were to cave, (unlikely) it would mean a terrorist could kill someone, be imprisoned, go on a hunger strike and be pardoned and released. Of course this would happen immediately after Sherri started a Facebook for the animal.

For discussion-----
including in the USA???
If Israel were to cave, (unlikely) it would mean a terrorist could kill someone, be imprisoned, go on a hunger strike and be pardoned and released. Of course this would happen immediately after Sherri started a Facebook for the animal.

My prediction is that there would be a surge in islamic terrorism world wide---
if both the US and Israel caved to ALL THE DEMANDS---especially if the
US caved to the demand to release Abdel Rahman. ----but all would not be
well for the JIHADIST cause-----since countries faced with islamic terrorism
would learn the futlity of JAILING them and would find other ways of getting
rid of them

Samer did not kill anyone and was not convicted of hurting or killing anyone. Unlike some of the posters here with a whole lot of blood of the innocent on their hands, Samer is free of such animal traits!

For discussion-----
including in the USA???

I think you are jealous of him!

Samer did not kill anyone and was not convicted of hurting or killing anyone. Unlike some of the posters here with a whole lot of blood of the innocent on their hands, Samer is free of such animal traits!

Sherri's other "god" adolf abu ali----did not kill anyone neither did the holy
shahid ADOLF EICHMANN
Which posters are you claiming have a "WHOLE LOT OF BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT" on
their hands? can you name them without resorting to those voices of isa
that you hear -----incessantly? Interestingly ---Shaykh Abdel Rahman was not actually
convicted of the direct hands on murder of anyone either----he simply organized the
bombing of the World Trade Center of 1993 which according to sherri et al----WAS
A NOBLE ACT FOR THE GLORY OF ISA, ALLAH and the RAPIST PIG

Many WOULD be murderers are in jail in the USA -----their major terrorist actions
interrupted in the nick of time----to sherri's dismay

I support the release of ALL ARAB MUSLIMS in ISRAELI JAILS and in USA JAILS---and in ISRAELI HOSPITALS and in USA HOSPITALS_----to mecca IMMEDIATELY

For discussion-----
including in the USA???

I assume you are referring to HOSSFLY ,, sherri
Do you consider yourself LOGICAL? real lawyers
draw conclusions based on EVIDENCE--
What evidence do you have for your "thought" that
Hossfly is "jealous" of----samer?

what is your point sherri ? the video did shows riot police trying to stop violent arab thugs from flinging stones if the kids did that in new jersey
they would be dead in the gutter. then I saw a large demonstration completely free to fart out their stupidity I did hear the slut mention a
30 year sentence Considering the kinds of jail sentences Israel usually hands out------that means a VERY SERIOUS CONVICTION so why not break
down and tell us of what SAMER was convicted? you simply tell us of that which he was NOT convicted

sherri is still afraid to mention of WHAT SAMER WAS CONVICTED I suspect that she realizes that if she does say of what he was convicted and supports
his release-----she would be supporting a PRECEDENT for release of all criminals convicted of the same crime. There are many many islamic terrorists in US jails who never actually KILLED anyone----in fact many criminals in US jails who never actually KILLED anyone. If the US released all criminals who never KILLED anyone-----and sherri were held responsible for any adverse outcome of such a move------then ----I could see her point

Sherri thinks I am jealous of some terrorist??? She really is bonkers. All these protests for Sammy remind me of all those who were protesting the police killing Christopher Dorner even though he murdered four people and was going to murder more.

sherri is still afraid to mention of WHAT SAMER WAS CONVICTED I suspect that she realizes that if she does say of what he was convicted and supports
his release-----she would be supporting a PRECEDENT for release of all criminals convicted of the same crime. There are many many islamic terrorists in US jails who never actually KILLED anyone----in fact many criminals in US jails who never actually KILLED anyone. If the US released all criminals who never KILLED anyone-----and sherri were held responsible for any adverse outcome of such a move------then ----I could see her point

It was alleged he was involved in Resistance activity, but he was not convicted of attacking or killing anyone. The entire trial system in the military courts for Palestinians is filled with violations of due process rights required by intl law, so convictions in that unlawful system lack any credibility. Its like a trial in Iran, for political prisoners there, there is no such thing as a fair trial for them. And there is no such thing as a fair trial for Palestinians in Israel and Occupied Palestine. Samer was released in the prison exchange deal, so none of that matters, that prior conviction that was set aside. Samer has been charged with no new crime so his detention has no legal basis and he should be released.

Sherri thinks I am jealous of some terrorist??? She really is bonkers. All these protests for Sammy remind me of all those who were protesting the police killing Christopher Dorner even though he murdered four people and was going to murder more.

Why do you keep accusing Samer of murder, he has not killed anyone?

Why do you keep accusing Samer of murder, he has not killed anyone?

sherri I have not seen anyone state that samer specifically murdered anyone
It is obvious that your sect of christianity advocates lying---and murder---your sect
of christianity murdered abraham lincoln because isa told you to do it
Of what was your co-religionist, samer---the isa respecter of the christians
who murdered abraham lincoln,,, and John F Kennedy CONVICTED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back