SC Sheriff defies Obama order to fly flag half staff for Nelson Mandela

Hey comon, he's a southern sheriff. He's got better things to do then spend the best part of a day trying to figure out where halfway between the top and bottom of a flagpole is.

Not to mention those dang Duke boys still bein' on the loose...

Oh, Im sure a lot of right wingers will agree with him.

Great men of all nationalities, like Mandela, should be honored. We are all fellow humans first, regardless of nation. At least that what Jesus would say.

The great leaders were the ones like Ghandi and MLK junior who denounced violence.

Great men of all nationalities, like Mandela, should be honored. We are all fellow humans first, regardless of nation. At least that what Jesus would say.

The great leaders were the ones like Ghandi and MLK junior who denounced violence.

As opposed to our founders who fought for what they believed in?

lol

Which is why all the right wing fanaticism about tyranny is nonsense. The cops don't have to do shit the president says. He can only order the military or federal agencies to do stuff. Yet, the RW supports growing the military to insane levels, and that's the only entity that could impose true tyranny on the US people.

I'd think that RW sheriff would maybe do it just out of honor for such a great man, even if he doesn't "have to". That would be the whole part about doing it in Mandela's honor.

Your whole post is about lambasting him for defying a "presidential order" and now that you have been shown it can't be an order to him, you "pivot" back to some rant about RW's are all nuts, yadda yadda yadda.

Are you on meds?

Oh, no, I KNEW he didn't have to follow the order. Cops cant be ordered by the POTUS. They all have a separate, autonomous chain of command in their state, county or city.

Its the fact that, despite not having to, he didn't anyway, just to create a controversy.

Like....really man? You didn't have anything better to do than try to stir this up?

:lol:

He didn't have to fly the flag at half mast, so he really showed them and didnt' fly the flag at half mast! Ba ha ha!

lol

I was going to mock you, but then I realized you actually don't grasp the difference between using military force to drive out foreign rulers and using terrorism to attack your own government and people. You actually don't, do you?

More far left drivel to take away from the fact that Obama is the worst president in history.

More far left drivel to take away from the fact that Obama is the worst president in history.

Of course it is...and give them something to be Fauxed outraged over

Last edited:
If the flag is to be half-staffed for Mandela, then why was it not for Osama?

Because neither Reagan nor the Bushes were President.

He was their little terrorist after all.

And I am sure he will be missed by them.

:(

More proof that the far left does not have clue.

I guess they just like to argue just argue as they never post any real facts.

More proof that the far left does not have clue.

I guess they just like to argue just argue as they never post any real facts.

Bingo, you get the prize...
as the example, there are three threads on this..It's of National importance:eek:

maybe this has been posted but this is a county level office so i dont think hes not defying obama. the order doesnt even reach this building . i dont beleive obama has any control over this

The point is...its kinda just the civil thing to do. And this tea party sheriff just had to take a stand that makes it look like he's defying Obama. He didn't have to follow the directive. Only Feds have to. But, he sure made a point to draw attention to his "Look at me, I disobeyed Obama" stance.

The point is...its kinda just the civil thing to do. And this tea party sheriff just had to take a stand that makes it look like he's defying Obama. He didn't have to follow the directive. Only Feds have to. But, he sure made a point to draw attention to his "Look at me, I disobeyed Obama" stance.

Not really! Not for a foreign head of state, but then again I guess you secretly protested when the flags weren't lowered for Arafat or Castro or Chavez.

Not really! Not for a foreign head of state, but then again I guess you secretly protested when the flags weren't lowered for Arafat or Castro or Chavez.

I am surprised Obama didn't want it lowered for Chaves though

they seem like BFF and deep down Obama thinks he is the Dictator of the United States

He can order flags be flown at half staff and how dare everyone doesn't just JUMP...LOL

Last edited:

lol

I was going to mock you, but then I realized you actually don't grasp the difference between using military force to drive out foreign rulers and using terrorism to attack your own government and people. You actually don't, do you?

We were British and the British government was our government. I can't believe you didn't know that.

No, I can believe that.

If every day the 50% of the country took a stand and performed at least one small act of rebellion every day the democrat contraption would soon collapse.

Mandela was not an american. The sherrif is correct.

Forum List

Back