Schiff says FBI hasn't probed national security risks of Trump's foreign financial ties

Avert your eyes nitwits. Here comes more facts.

"As part of its investigation of the counterintelligence risks arising from President Trumpā€™s foreign financial ties, on March 28, 2019, HPSCI held a hearing entitled Putinā€™s Playbook: The Kremlinā€™s Use of Oligarchs, Money and Intelligence in 2016 and Beyond. The Committee heard testimony about Russiaā€™s use of financial leverage to exert influence in the United States and other countries. Former U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul testified, for example, that ā€œthe Russian government instructs its economic actors to make deals with foreign entities to establish increased leverage and influence within these countries.ā€19 Ambassador McFaul explained that Russiaā€™s use of these ā€œeconomic incentives and operations can be highly cooperative and coercive,ā€ but also involve ā€œblackmailingā€ relating to financial or other types of misconduct."

Please provide a list of international business people who have zero dealings with Russia.
Again, not the point. The question is whether those dealings effect policy decisions. Not to mention that he should have either completely divested himself of all international financial ties or put his holdings in a blind trust.
Everything affects policy decisions; that's how ex-Presidents like Obama, GW and Clinton sell books and get speaking engagements.

Trump told pharma to produce a vaccine now instead of later.
Please don't tell me you are so dumb as to think pharma companies needed to be told to try to capitalize on an enormous opportunity to do good and make money while doing it. Did you hurt yourself when you fell off the turnip truck?

In you I'm only too well aware I'm dealing with an idiot.
"As the existing record shows, there is a substantial factual basis for the Committeeā€™s investigation and subpoena to Deutsche Bank. During the 115th Congress, HPSCIā€™s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. elections uncovered evidence of Trumpā€™s extensive foreign financial ties, particularly to Russia. 8 For example, the Committee learned that since at least the late 1980s, Trump has pursued business opportunities in Russia, including several attempts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow in partnership with individuals tied to Russiaā€”including an undisclosed effort during the 2016 election involving a U.S.-sanctioned Russian bank. 9 Furthermore, according to statements made by Donald Trump Jr. at the Moscow real estate summit in 2008, ā€œā€˜Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of [the Trump Organizationā€™s] assetsā€™ā€ and Trumpā€™s company had ā€œā€˜a lot of money pouring in from Russia.ā€™ā€ 10 Public reporting also suggested that Russian-linked investments in Trump properties could have been used as a vehicle for money laundering, whichā€”if Trump and his company were aware of such illicit activityā€”could expose President Trump and his family to potential criminal liability as well as blackmail by the Russians."

Care to make a comment that isn't idiotic?

there is a substantial factual basis for the Committeeā€™s investigation and subpoena to Deutsche Bank. During the 115th Congress, HPSCIā€™s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. elections uncovered evidence of Trumpā€™s extensive foreign financial ties, particularly to Russia.

No one knew he had "foreign financial ties" before the election?
Are "foreign financial ties" illegal?

Public reporting also suggested that Russian-linked investments in Trump properties could have been used as a vehicle for money laundering

Could have been? Wow!
Sounds pretty substantial to me.

Everything affects policy decisions; that's how ex-Presidents like Obama, GW and Clinton sell books and get speaking engagements.
Sorry. I've reached the limit of your banal, fatuous statements. Aren't you missing some propagandist on Faux?

Sorry. I've reached the limit of your banal, fatuous statements. Aren't you missing some propagandist on Faux?
I hate Fox...I also hate MSNBC and CNN.
I notice you aren't paid to answer pointed questions.

Of course we did. It was a huge issue since the conflict of interest was apparent to everyone. Holding that degree of assets was unprecedented and caused the Emoluments Clause lawsuits. But Trump just ignored the criticism and you cult followers did likewise.
Now it's time for some oversight to see if he is being influenced by his own interests over those of the country like he does with everything.

I hate Fox...I also hate MSNBC and CNN.
I notice you aren't paid to answer pointed questions.
"As an example of how Russia could leverage President Trumpā€™s financial interests to improperly influence U.S. policy, Ambassador McFaul noted that the proposed financier for the Trump Tower Moscow project that Trump Organization officials were secretly pursuing during the 2016 campaignā€”Russian state-owned bank VTBā€”was on the U.S. sanctions list.21 By aligning Trumpā€™s personal financial interests with those of a U.S.-sanctioned Russian state-owned bank, Russia positioned itself to potentially leverage the Trump Tower Moscow project to help pursue its own policy goals and interests."

The FBIā€™s counterintelligence division does not appear to have investigated national security risks connected to Trumpā€™s foreign financial ties, the House Intelligence Committee said Wednesday in a newly released legal analysis.

The assessment was contained in a footnote as part of a move by Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) to narrow the scope of a year-old subpoena to Deutsche Bank for records related to the finances of Trump, his family members and the Trump organization. The Intelligence Committee is investigating Trumpā€™s banking relationships with the House Financial Services Committee, led by Chairwoman Maxine Waters (D-Calif.).

Words to the wise for Trumpleheads. First, put your head in a paper bag and breathe deeply to avoid hyperventilating at the mention of Schiff's name. Second, consider that Mueller appears to have seen Individual 1's financial dealings as beyond the scope of his investigation. Third, rather than reflexively dismissing the idea the Conman-in-Chief's financial entanglements are not worthy of investigation ask yourself why. Given that we don't want President Flim Flam making decisions based on how they effect his wealth.
Crying daily about Trump won't suddenly make Biden, or anyone on the left for that matter, a viable alternative to defeating leftist terrorism rampaging through American cities.

Of course we did. It was a huge issue since the conflict of interest was apparent to everyone. Holding that degree of assets was unprecedented and caused the Emoluments Clause lawsuits. But Trump just ignored the criticism and you cult followers did likewise.
Now it's time for some oversight to see if he is being influenced by his own interests over those of the country like he does with everything.

It was a huge issue since the conflict of interest was apparent to everyone.

A Russian guy or bank bought some condos or lent some money.

What's the conflict?

You mean like trying to prevent a new Russian natural gas pipeline to Western Europe
because Putin/Russia would benefit from stopping the pipeline?

The FBIā€™s counterintelligence division does not appear to have investigated national security risks connected to Trumpā€™s foreign financial ties, the House Intelligence Committee said Wednesday in a newly released legal analysis.

The assessment was contained in a footnote as part of a move by Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) to narrow the scope of a year-old subpoena to Deutsche Bank for records related to the finances of Trump, his family members and the Trump organization. The Intelligence Committee is investigating Trumpā€™s banking relationships with the House Financial Services Committee, led by Chairwoman Maxine Waters (D-Calif.).

Words to the wise for Trumpleheads. First, put your head in a paper bag and breathe deeply to avoid hyperventilating at the mention of Schiff's name. Second, consider that Mueller appears to have seen Individual 1's financial dealings as beyond the scope of his investigation. Third, rather than reflexively dismissing the idea the Conman-in-Chief's financial entanglements are not worthy of investigation ask yourself why. Given that we don't want President Flim Flam making decisions based on how they effect his wealth.
dont you mean fruity chairwomen? that makes more sense. heres another piece of shit that didnt get ITS way...boo-hoo

Crying daily about Trump
Pointing out his potential conflicts of interest is only "crying" to those cult members who blindly defend everything Trump does regardless of the impact to the country.
This shit was arbitrated in 2016......

YOU LOST

Wise people would not use a LOSING TACTIC two times in a row and expect a different outcome. Perhaps if you didn't have such a terrible candidate you wouldn't have to go back to failed tactics in order to try to win.

Well, they tried to kick the President's ass with the "Trump" virus, and the man comes up with a vaccine!
How did he do that when he spends so much time on the golf course, watching cable TV, and tweeting? Don't you mean pharma companies are developing a vaccine?
go ahead tell me BARRAG obama never played golf right? what a moron---you need to open up your mind and let the TRUTH in---good luck though

Forum List

Back