Scholarly journal retracts 60 articles, smashes ‘peer review ring’

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Scholarly journal retracts 60 articles, smashes ?peer review ring? - The Washington Post

After a 14-month investigation, JVC determined the ring involved “aliases” and fake e-mail addresses of reviewers — up to 130 of them — in an apparently successful effort to get friendly reviews of submissions and as many articles published as possible by Chen and his friends. “On at least one occasion, the author Peter Chen reviewed his own paper under one of the aliases he created,” according to the SAGE announcement.

The whole "peer review" crap has always been a big part of the hoax. Whole shit is rigged.

This is a long read but very instructive......

What is the future of peer review? Why is there fraud in science? Is plagiarism out of control? Why do scientists do bad things? Is it all a case of:?All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing??

"peer review" long ago was a BS tactic by the AGW religion just like "computer models". All BS distraction promoted to easily dupe the target. Just part of the established narrative for these frauds.

What is really terrifying is we actually have people out there who buy the whole "peer review" crap hook, line and stinker. They see peer review and its like gospel. Its fascinating how fucking naïve these people are......no different than the morons who pick up the New York Times daily and 100% embrace their world view as truth!! You cant make this shit up, I know, but it happens every day!!:D:D:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::funnyface:

Last edited:
I dream of a day when blogs are regarded as completely equal to peer reviewed journals

It does appear that "peer review" is coming down, or already is at, the level of a blog.

Everyone throws around the term "peer review" as if it is an acid test to truth, which as shown in the OP that is not necessarily true. What I think people are doing when they throw around peer review is arguing from an appeal to authority stance.

I dream of a day when blogs are regarded as completely equal to peer reviewed journals

It does appear that "peer review" is coming down, or already is at, the level of a blog.

Everyone throws around the term "peer review" as if it is an acid test to truth, which as shown in the OP that is not necessarily true. What I think people are doing when they throw around peer review is arguing from an appeal to authority stance.

Yeah fuck the authority man. Bloggers are teh future :thup:

Forum List

Back