School has brutal reply after Muslim issues threat over daughters lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not. It's not the public's job to overly cater to people's beliefs (and thereby even put some stamp of approval on it). Nobody is making this bitch's kid eat pork.
The public does not have jobs.

Public institutions do however, and one of the things that public institutions are responsible for doing is to provide adequate and suitable food, rest and shelter for those that are COMPELLED to be in their care.

This is simply basic human rights, dude.

Perhaps the school should provide vegan choices to those with religious or health dietary restrictions. At the very least, post notice of what is being served so that parents can provide an appropriate meal if they object to the school's meal. Of course, the parents can always just send a meal with their kid every day to be certain they are eating right.

Like this monthly menu? Food Service / Breakfast and Lunch Menus

If the parent is so concerned, why can't she look up what is for lunch like I did for the school?

Monday's menu looks terrible, pack a lunch!
Assuming the school posts the menu, sure. Seems reasonable to me.

I just gave you the link to their menu for the month. So it was posted ahead of time for the parent, yet she blames the school, go figure.

[...]

Do you find it ridiculous when Jewish people ask for kosher options?
I've read about Jews in prison requesting kosher diets, but this is a situation in which they have no means of obtaining kosher foods on their own. So there is some justification for their petition. But these Muslim school kids have unobstructed access to any kind of foods their parents are willing to "brownbag" for them.

What I'd like to know is what is so "brutal" about the school official's response to the Muslim parent's audacious complaint? I think it is perfectly reasonable and quite politely presented.

Brutal just makes for a better headline- no there was nothing 'brutal' in the school's response.

Remember- the mother didn't insist her child have halal food- only not to be fed pork.

That could be prevented with something as simple as a sign saying "Today's hamburger's contain pork"

Or she could have looked at the online menu posted on the web site.

Food Service / Breakfast and Lunch Menus

Hmm.Really? Pork is the most affordable thing I have had, I don't like being told what to eat, or what to think by death suicidal cultist haters. It strikes me as rather odd about Muslims. Hater death cultist advise people what TO DO. I am really gonna follow their advice?

[...]

I've read about Jews in prison requesting kosher diets, but this is a situation in which they have no means of obtaining kosher foods on their own. So there is some justification for their petition. But these Muslim school kids have unobstructed access to any kind of foods their parents are willing to "brownbag" for them.

What I'd like to know is what is so "brutal" about the school official's response to the Muslim parent's audacious complaint? I think it is perfectly reasonable and quite politely presented.

Brutal just makes for a better headline- no there was nothing 'brutal' in the school's response.

Remember- the mother didn't insist her child have halal food- only not to be fed pork.

That could be prevented with something as simple as a sign saying "Today's hamburger's contain pork"

Hamburgers with pork are just nasty.

That should be criminal for any school district to serve.

Yeeech!

No, it's not. It's not the public's job to overly cater to people's beliefs (and thereby even put some stamp of approval on it). Nobody is making this bitch's kid eat pork.
The public does not have jobs.

Public institutions do however, and one of the things that public institutions are responsible for doing is to provide adequate and suitable food, rest and shelter for those that are COMPELLED to be in their care.

This is simply basic human rights, dude.

No. The public is under no such obligation. The public does so in many instances for the general populous. It'd be another thing if the institution was violating the the participant's rights. It is doing no such thing.

[...]

Hamburgers with pork are just nasty.

That should be criminal for any school district to serve.

Yeeech!

I love a good cheeseburger with bacon.

However, I doubt any school lunch cheeseburger with bacon is particularly tasty.

Hmm.Really? Pork is the most affordable thing I have had, I don't like being told what to eat, or what to think by death suicidal cultist haters. It strikes me as rather odd about Muslims. Hater death cultist advise people what TO DO. I am really gonna follow their advice?

And who is telling you what to do?

This mom didn't want the school to give her kid pork- she isn't asking you to do anything.

[...]

Yep- that is another way- lol

I don't see what was so "brutal" about the school's reply. It seemed logical and to the point.
"Brutal" is the new media buzzword. Liberals also apply it to normal situations they want make look worse.
You do realize that "Brutal" was the word used by the Conservative wingnut who started this thread- not any liberal

LOL

You do realize The OP quoted the headline from his link in the Tucson News Now, so blame them not the OP.

.....The mom asked the school not to feed her kid pork.

The school said no.

And contards acted like you were being screwed in the ass.
That's incorrect. Read it again.

Here is an official school statement:
“Even though the district is not required to accommodate special dietary needs based solely on religious purposes, our district nutritionist and food services staff plan menus that are compliant and meet the various nutritional guidelines, as well as include food options that are the best fit for the food preferences of the school. We encourage families with children with any special dietary needs to make sure they are educating their children about what to look for so they know what is acceptable and what they should avoid. Our menus are always posted online and you can request the ingredient list for any food item you are unsure about. In situations where there are special food requirements or restrictions, we encourage you to meet with our district nutritionist to discuss the best options for your family. The best way to ensure a meal meets any special dietary needs is to send a meal from home that you have prepared. Every child is different and we do our best to ensure a healthy, accommodating environment for all of our students.”

Okay you are right- the school didn't say no- this is the 'brutal reply' that the Snowflake Contard Stream Media wigged out about.

The school said no.

“Even though the district is not required to accommodate special dietary needs based solely on religious purposes, our district nutritionist and food services staff plan menus that are compliant and meet the various nutritional guidelines, as well as include food options that are the best fit for the food preferences of the school. We encourage families with children with any special dietary needs to make sure they are educating their children about what to look for so they know what is acceptable and what they should avoid. Our menus are always posted online and you can request the ingredient list for any food item you are unsure about. In situations where there are special food requirements or restrictions, we encourage you to meet with our district nutritionist to discuss the best options for your family. The best way to ensure a meal meets any special dietary needs is to send a meal from home that you have prepared. Every child is different and we do our best to ensure a healthy, accommodating environment for all of our students.”

So it's the parent's responsibility to teach and educate their child on their dietary needs. The mother could get a list of ingredients, if she had requested such, it seems she wants somebody else to be responsible for her child.

No. The public is under no such obligation. The public does so in many instances for the general populous. It'd be another thing if the institution was violating the the participant's rights. It is doing no such thing.

roflmao

It is as obvious as the nose on your face that if we have, say prisoners, you could not feed them food without accommodation for their religious diets if they have one.

The courts have ruled on it and I think it is federali law.

Why do you persist with this nonsense?

Here the dietary needs of handicapped kids are met under federali law.

https://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/special_dietary_needs.pdf

If others eat pork then the woman is seeking special treatment and not equal treatment. In fact she is demanding to be catered to and schools have no requirements to craft their foods to suit your religion, much less a wackadoodle one

I don't see what was so "brutal" about the school's reply. It seemed logical and to the point.
"Brutal" is the new media buzzword. Liberals also apply it to normal situations they want make look worse.
You do realize that "Brutal" was the word used by the Conservative wingnut who started this thread- not any liberal

LOL

You do realize The OP quoted the headline from his link in the Tucson News Now, so blame them not the OP.

I thought Contards were about personal responsibility?
Do you really think that a poster is not responsible when they quote crap headlines from crap right wing nut job 'media' sites.

That quote is not from the Tucson News Now- its from ths wingnut site

Mad World News is firmly devoted to bringing you the truth and the stories that the mainstream media ignores. Together we can restore our constitutional republic to what the founding fathers envisioned and fight back against the liberal media.

The school said no.

Okay you are right- the school didn't say no- this is the 'brutal reply' that the Snowflake Contard Stream Media wigged out about.
Are you related to edward37? He talks in sophomoric riddles too.

The school didn't say "no". Anyone who claims they did is wrong. How a RW website characterizes it is another matter. The OP listed two links. Obviously not everyone on this thread read both since, if they did, they'd answer a lot of their own questions.

It's in the Bible.

The school said no.

Are you related to edward37? He talks in sophomoric riddles too.

The school didn't say "no". Anyone who claims they did is wrong. How a RW website characterizes it is another matter. The OP listed two links. Obviously not everyone on this thread read both since, if they did, they'd answer a lot of their own questions.

And I am not sure why you felt you needed to point that out again- but yes- the school didn't actually say no- there was no 'brutal reply' and there was no real threat.

LOL

I thought Contards were about personal responsibility?
Do you really think that a poster is not responsible when they quote crap headlines from crap right wing nut job 'media' sites.

That quote is not from the Tucson News Now- its from ths wingnut site

Mad World News is firmly devoted to bringing you the truth and the stories that the mainstream media ignores. Together we can restore our constitutional republic to what the founding fathers envisioned and fight back against the liberal media.

Just saw that, my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back