Schools Closed in Virginia District After Uproar Over Arabic Calligraphy Lesson

TemplarKormac, I love the SkyRim shoutout beneath your handle. I started playing again several weeks ago. Too much fun!

It is a fantastic game. You can get lost in the scenery by itself. Just a tip: stand on the stairs in front of and below Jarl Balgruuf's palace in Dragonsreach at night, and stare upwards. It's mesmerizing.

Oh, and I love playing Khajiits and Redguards.

It truly is one of the more beautiful games I've ever played. What is weapon of choice?

TemplarKormac, I love the SkyRim shoutout beneath your handle. I started playing again several weeks ago. Too much fun!

It is a fantastic game. You can get lost in the scenery by itself. Just a tip: stand on the stairs in front of and below Jarl Balgruuf's palace in Dragonsreach at night, and stare upwards. It's mesmerizing.

It truly is one of the more beautiful games I've ever played. What is weapon of choice?

Dual wield daggers and a bow. I play sneak/pickpocket types.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I am sneak as well. I am presently using a Legendary Nightingale Bow. I switch between that and my Legendary DragonBane.

I am sneak as well. I am presently using a Legendary Nightingale Bow. I switch between that and my Legendary DragonBane.

Weapon choices depend on playstyle though.

I keep forgetting you can find Dragonsbane, and a full set of Blades Armor in Sky Haven Temple. I have an enchanted Ebony bow currently.

Are you proud, conservative wingnuts?

Schools Closed in Virginia District After Uproar Over Arabic Calligraphy Lesson

Schools Closed After Uproar Over Arabic Calligraphy Lesson

A central Virginia school district has cancelled classes Friday after concerns over the "tone and content" of calls and emails received about a lesson in Arabic calligraphy.

Augusta County Public Schools, near Staunton in central Virginia, will be closed after the district received "voluminous phone calls and electronic mail locally and from outside the area" about a high school World Geography class lesson, the district announced Thursday evening.

In a lesson Friday on the Middle East, students were presented with an Islamic statement of faith written in Arabic calligraphy
, superintendent Eric Bond told The News Leader.

"The students were presented with the statement to demonstrate the complex artistry of the written language used in the Middle East, and were asked to attempt to copy it in order to give the students an idea of the artistic complexity of the calligraphy," a statement Bond gave the paper said.
The statement was not translated into English, and students were not asked to "translate it, recite it or otherwise adopt or pronounce it as a personal belief," Bond said.

A parent organized a forum Tuesday night about the lesson, calling it "indoctrination" in Islam, The News Leader reported.
leftist hypocrisy has not limit, none.

Just trying to imagine the outcry from leftist filth if the kids were given a commandment written in latin .

then reread this ***** op

Try to fathom how hard it is to be this hateful, this hypocritical and not explode.

the more muslims attack and murder us, they more they force themselves upon us, the more the left helps them.

how can leftist be ok with this lesson right after the mass shooting?

b/c they just don't care

There's a difference between teaching religions and practicing religions. Some people know the difference.

Doesn't matter. The mere presence of religion is a taboo in school if it pertains to Christianity. But the Islamic statement of faith is perfectly fine. Tell me how that reasoning works out.
christians don't want to kill you for any religious reasons, islamist do want to kill you b/c you aren't a muslim or aren't the same kind of muslim they are.

so b/c all terrorist are muslim, it's ok to teack islam in school b/c we have to teach christians that they should be killed.

that's why, you fucking racist
Eh? Why are you calling me racist? Don't you know a statement of irony when you see one?
do you know humor when you see it you leftist commie douche bag?

leftist hypocrisy has not limit, none.

Just trying to imagine the outcry from leftist filth if the kids were given a commandment written in latin .

then reread this ***** op

Try to fathom how hard it is to be this hateful, this hypocritical and not explode.

the more muslims attack and murder us, they more they force themselves upon us, the more the left helps them.

how can leftist be ok with this lesson right after the mass shooting?

b/c they just don't care

There's a difference between teaching religions and practicing religions. Some people know the difference.

Doesn't matter. The mere presence of religion is a taboo in school if it pertains to Christianity. But the Islamic statement of faith is perfectly fine. Tell me how that reasoning works out.
christians don't want to kill you for any religious reasons, islamist do want to kill you b/c you aren't a muslim or aren't the same kind of muslim they are.

so b/c all terrorist are muslim, it's ok to teack islam in school b/c we have to teach christians that they should be killed.

that's why, you fucking racist
Eh? Why are you calling me racist? Don't you know a statement of irony when you see one?
do you know humor when you see it you leftist commie douche bag?

No, not really, especially when someone's calling me a leftist commie douchebag.

:p

Forum List

Back