Schools refuse to teach children to think for themselves

Schools teach your children just enough to do their jobs and nothing more. Those teachers were taught by other teachers the same exact things your parents were taught, by the exact same things those same teachers predecessors were taught. You can follow the bouncing Redball or you can decide to think outside the box and demand more for your children or remain subject to the whims of others for your entire life times and your children as well.

Last edited:
when teaching a child. If a child picks up a stick, what will that child do with that stick and why? Are you smart enough to understand all the ramifications of that one simple question? if so, join the conversation.

If a child tells a teacher that they are wrong and starts to Express exactly why,, what do you think that teachers going to do?

That teacher seeing where that child is headed, will cut that child off and shut them down before they ever get a chance to iterate what they want in front of the whole class. That's the teaching status around the world. The teachers always smarter than the student, in every way shape and form. They are perfect beings, don't you know. A child can never know something that a teacher doesn't, because the pride in each human being will not allow such. Sarcasm off.

If one child proves one teacher is wrong in even one way, the teacher will lose control, isn't that right?

A better name for those that would help children to understand, might be or should be, moderators. by such, children would not challenge the moderators, but each other, with the moderator simply guiding the discussion and empowering it at every moment.

if you challenge a teacher, as a student, proving that teacher wrong, how do you think that teacher is going to feel about that, especially in front of the whole class? if you challenge a scientist that is supposed to know a whole lot more than you, just like all teachers, how do you think he is going to react, if you prove him wrong?

How do you think science as a whole is going to react, if you prove that science as a whole is ignorant on one or more levels, especially if you are not a scientist, a PhD or even a college graduate?

Do you think that all children in the world think the exact same thoughts and in, especially, the exact same way?

it is even said, "out of the mouths of babes. "

I am not here to make other people look stupid, I am here to help them and their children to become so much more. Challenge me with respect and I will always give you the respect you deserve. We don't all think the same way we don't all have the same information And we don't all research in the same exact manner or for the same exact reasons. I am here to advance childhood learning, through other people that are able to understand what is being offered and why.

If a child tells a teacher that they are wrong and starts to Express exactly why,, what do you think that teachers going to do?

That teacher seeing where that child is headed, will cut that child off and shut them down before they ever get a chance to iterate what they want in front of the whole class. That's the teaching status around the world. The teachers always smarter than the student, in every way shape and form. They are perfect beings, don't you know. A child can never know something that a teacher doesn't, because the pride in each human being will not allow such. Sarcasm off.

If one child proves one teacher is wrong in even one way, the teacher will lose control, isn't that right?

Why can't teachers be wrong? Why can't they learn from their student? Why can't student bring a different perspective to the learning?
You think teachers know everything or can stay up to date with every bit of new research or new theories?
Teachers are human too.
I was always presenting new articles and news items to my teachers. I was always challenging them outside of the text books, which were often outdated.
If done in a rational manner, why should that make the teacher loose control?

To be honest, which will make no friends here, I would say to you that I am smarter than the super majority of people in the world. However, in that same statement it makes me look stupid, because it would make the super majority of people in the world hate me. If I can help to make other people smarter, then inadvertently, they will help to make me smarter, as long as I don't think that I can know everything. as a matter of fact, I can only know but a tiny bit of the world, just as all of us.

I use cause-and-effect and proof, for everything that I claim. Science claims there can be no proof and yet I can prove that is a lie, if anybody is interested in that challenge.

Why can't teachers be wrong? Why can't they learn from their student? Why can't student bring a different perspective to the learning?
You think teachers know everything or can stay up to date with every bit of new research or new theories?
Teachers are human too.
I was always presenting new articles and news items to my teachers. I was always challenging them outside of the text books, which were often outdated.

by your words, you are an exception.
however, I ask you to consider the following. if a teacher teaches 50 students in the classroom, does that teacher say to the students he/she could be wrong?

does that teacher then say to the class, class, if you can prove I am wrong, please do so now?

with all honesty, is that how you taught?

every single teacher in the schools that I went to, became very angry if you challenged them.

Teachers should challenge students minds, they should not suppress them with over bearing demands, that they are right and that's the way it is.

Teachers should be moderators, taking away the conflict of interest in the teachers or students pride.

Teachers are human too.

however, I ask you to consider the following. if a teacher teaches 50 students in the classroom, does that teacher say to the students he/she could be wrong?

does that teacher then say to the class, class, if you can prove I am wrong, please do so now?

Perhaps if the question is raised the students can do their own research and put it in writing or make a presentation so the whole class can learn? You think that scientists and experts in their field are not getting ideas or awarding scholarships to student who come up with new ideas or that can prove mistakes, and potentially seeking to hire them for their companies/organization?

Learning should never be one way. You just run in circles and repeat poor education.

Teachers or anyone should never stop learning or asking question.

My body might and sometimes my mind fail me but I try to exercise my brain and challenge myself, and hopefully others when ever possible. I am constantly sharing information and ideas (and sometimes jokes, beautiful quotes and images along the way).
I can't go before students or even sit through classes to learn from others, but I can still be of help and inspire others. I can share my experiences and even mistake so others might learn or take action. I may be mute (nearly), my fingers might trip over themselves and my grammar or attempts to proof what I say might be skipped in an attempt to keep up with my mind and slow fingers, but I can still speak in my own way. I might skip around to different subject, interests, sites and forums or spend time on my own sites and publications but I don't want to stop thinking or learning. There might be a better opinion of point of view. There might be someone that is better able to articulate a similar idea. There might be other sources and research to can help prove or disprove what I say. Maybe some can improve on or advance my own thoughts. That is part of life. That is all part of learning and teaching? It is part of helping other to think or act for themselves.

I am fully aware there are people out there who are smarter or that have more information than I do. That is the beauty of being online and accessing so much information and ideas. As long as the mind is busy you can't fully focus on other limitations or pain. Exercising the brain release endorphins. I don't feel locked in even when there are times when my body demands I am.

This is fun and educational for me and hopefully for others as well.

.................and sometimes I am just an egotistical superior bitch, justifiable or not. It is part of being human. Idiots, bigots and intentional misinformation irritate me. I can even irritate myself when I reread earlier text. I read thing I have written on a forum and actually argued both sides of an issue because I did not pay attention to the screen name or avatar, and did not remember having written the piece. It sound so different when you read something later on, or maybe I try to change/improve the tone of what I say.

So what? This is just part of life. Perfection is an ideal we can only inspire to but not quite reach. Keeps things interesting.

Dullness is the touch of death. Even stupidity can be a challenge and fun. Life should be fun.

Teachers are human too.

Perhaps if the question is raised the students can do their own research and put it in writing or make a presentation so the whole class can learn? You think that scientists and experts in their field are not getting ideas or awarding scholarships to student who come up with new ideas or that can prove mistakes, and potentially seeking to hire them for their companies/organization?

Learning should never be one way. You just run in circles and repeat poor education.

Teachers or anyone should never stop learning or asking question.

My body might and sometimes my mind fail me but I try to exercise my brain and challenge myself, and hopefully others when ever possible. I am constantly sharing information and ideas (and sometimes jokes, beautiful quotes and images along the way).
I can't go before students or even sit through classes to learn from others, but I can still be of help and inspire others. I can share my experiences and even mistake so others might learn or take action. I may be mute (nearly), my fingers might trip over themselves and my grammar or attempts to proof what I say might be skipped in an attempt to keep up with my mind and slow fingers, but I can still speak in my own way. I might skip around to different subject, interests, sites and forums or spend time on my own sites and publications but I don't want to stop thinking or learning. There might be a better opinion of point of view. There might be someone that is better able to articulate a similar idea. There might be other sources and research to can help prove or disprove what I say. Maybe some can improve on or advance my own thoughts. That is part of life. That is all part of learning and teaching? It is part of helping other to think or act for themselves.

I am fully aware there are people out there who are smarter or that have more information than I do. That is the beauty of being online and accessing so much information and ideas. As long as the mind is busy you can't fully focus on other limitations or pain. Exercising the brain release endorphins. I don't feel locked in even when there are times when my body demands I am.

This is fun and educational for me and hopefully for others as well.

.................and sometimes I am just an egotistical superior bitch, justifiable or not. It is part of being human. Idiots, bigots and intentional misinformation irritate me. I can even irritate myself when I reread earlier text. I read thing I have written on a forum and actually argued both sides of an issue because I did not pay attention to the screen name or avatar, and did not remember having written the piece. It sound so different when you read something later on, or maybe I try to change/improve the tone of what I say.

So what? This is just part of life. Perfection is an ideal we can only inspire to but not quite reach. Keeps things interesting.

Dullness is the touch of death. Even stupidity can be a challenge and fun. Life should be fun.

The field of science does not allow outsiders. The field of teaching demands, while not allowing children or those less connected or less monied, to challenge.

So many people have theirs and either don't care or won't help children to have their's. From your words, I don't suspect that you are one of those.

The field of science does not allow outsiders. The field of teaching demands, while not allowing children or those less connected or less monied, to challenge.....

And you think you know this because...?

if a teacher teaches 50 students in the classroom, does that teacher say to the students he/she could be wrong?

Of course, you bitter little idiot.

Forum List

Back