Science "guru" Liar

I don't consider the Federalist an "authority" either. After reading part one, two and three I think the author is just being a dick about it. For why?:dunno:

Ah......so if we do what we can to bash the hell out of Tyson then nobody will pay attention to what he is saying. If we work real hard at discrediting him now then no one will pay attention to what he is saying.

Last edited:
Tyson is the posterboy, alongside of Obama, for being an Affirmative Actin hire.

I don't consider the Federalist an "authority" either. After reading part one, two and three I think the author is just being a dick about it. For why?:dunno:

Ah......so if we do what we can to bash the hell out of Tyson then nobody will pay attention to what he is saying. If we work real hard at discrediting him now then no one will pay attention to what he is saying.
Yeah we shouldnt be too concerned with truth......stories are much more entertaining .......

Yeah we shouldnt be too concerned with truth......stories are much more entertaining .......
After seeing who runs that paper and reading the articles I'm pretty sure I'm on target.

And after the style that the author wrote in, I have lost any respect for the author. At all. So, no matter what he has to say from this point on............I won't be listening.

Right all those sites that have quoted them ...left and right......they dont know anything only you

Right all those sites that have quoted them ...left and right......they dont know anything only you

I'm not a follower. I've heard enough from him to realize that anything he has to say is done in a manner that his point is lost. It's juvenile.

(glances up from reading a Bible and nods in agreement)

So the people at "TheFederalist.com" are butthurt because wikipedia doesn't think they deserve a page?

Who the fuck cares?

As for their Tyson comments, that's pretty much the most whiny, petulant, and pedantic criticisms that I've ever read.

So the people at "TheFederalist.com" are butthurt because wikipedia doesn't think they deserve a page?

Who the fuck cares?

As for their Tyson comments, that's pretty much the most whiny, petulant, and pedantic criticisms that I've ever read.
Your excuse mongering is tiring. Tyson making up quotes is newsworthy.

Who the fuck cares?

Perhaps it's newsworthy to you.

Who the fuck cares?

Perhaps it's newsworthy to you.
Any public figure who trades on his authority should be truthful, for once he earns for himself the reputation of being a liar, then his authority vanishes.

This same advice applies to Wikipedia. Editors playing politics in order to safeguard the reputation of Tyson is bad news for Wikipedia. It's not a revolt-type of bad news, more like a endless dripping which leads to erosion of credibility, drip by drip. Tyson's remarks are all public record, they've all been scrutinized and found false, and that really is all that should be needed at Wikipedia. Instead they're trying to shoot the messenger. As has been observed by many, the cover-up is usually far worse than the crime.

Last night, Tyson responded to e-mailed inquiries from Davis in a post on his Facebook page. On many of the issues Davis raised, Tyson essentially claims that the precise details of his stories don’t matter, because he’s making broader points. I’d accept this response from many folks, but from a self-professed man of science, it’s a bit disconcerting.

On the Bush quote, Tyson decided to dig a bit further before confessing error. Initially he insisted his account was correct and was based upon his own memory: Neil deGrasse Tyson admits he botched Bush quote - The Washington Post

Yep. It just happened. The science-loving censors at Wikipedia, not content with memory-holing unassailable facts about Neil Tyson’s history of fabricating quotes (part 1, part 2, and part 3), are now trying to completely erase The Federalist from Wikipedia. Wikipedia Is Now Trying To Eliminate The Federalist s Online Entry

The author of that article sounds just like a few of USMB's resident RW whiners. If wikis such a crappy place why'd they want to be there anyway?

3041296208_26d583f730.jpg

Forum List

Back