Science Proves the Bible Again

Science sure does upset the God Haters!

No. Science is simply not concerned with supernaturalism. Nothing in nature depicts supernaturalism. Every discovery in science has had a natural explanation.

Can you identify a single instance of supernaturalism - something in the natural world that has supernatural underpinnings. Belief in magic and superstition is irrational. There's no reason to accept magic and supernaturalism in place of well defined knowledge of the natural world.
Please rationalize special relitivity and and quantum entanglement then. Instantanious action from billions of light years away sure seems supernatural. Gving it a name and recognizing it's existance is a far cry from describing the mechanics of it.

Well, if it seems supernatural, it must be.

Your well researched and thoughtful argument seems to have convinced me.
I am not saying that I agree with the bible and it's time line, but the informed realizes that not all is yet explained. I have yet to see an attempt at your rationalization.

It’s not up to me to rationalize anything. The laws of nature work in the ways they do. While every mystery of the natural world has not been explained, there is no reason to believe that Zeus is sitting on a cloud and hand-waving every event in nature.

No. Science is simply not concerned with supernaturalism. Nothing in nature depicts supernaturalism. Every discovery in science has had a natural explanation.

Can you identify a single instance of supernaturalism - something in the natural world that has supernatural underpinnings. Belief in magic and superstition is irrational. There's no reason to accept magic and supernaturalism in place of well defined knowledge of the natural world.
Please rationalize special relitivity and and quantum entanglement then. Instantanious action from billions of light years away sure seems supernatural. Gving it a name and recognizing it's existance is a far cry from describing the mechanics of it.
Creationists "rationalize" the facts of nature. Science simply notes them.

I am not saying that I agree with the bible and it's time line, but the informed realizes that not all is yet explained. I have yet to see an attempt at your rationalization.
If something isn't explained, that isn't proof that God did it.

If you're so gullible as to believe a silly youtube video, utterly unsupported, that's your choice. Just don't presume to foist your gullibility on others
Tou should do your homework science denier. Do you think the intent of that video, or the article was to prove the flood?
Most idiots/tards think the flood was caused solely by 40 days of rain, but the truth is, GOD says he "opened the fountains of the deep."

The existence of this great body of water is FACT. Deny all you want, denier.

Rare Diamond Confirms That Earth's Mantle Holds an Ocean's Worth of Water

There’s as much water in Earth’s mantle as in all the oceans

Found! Hidden Ocean Locked Up Deep in Earth's Mantle
God doesn't say that. A book written by iron age nomads says that. The water exists, but where is the evidence that it spewed out of the Earth 5000 years ago?

It's God as only eyewitness evidence. There is evidence of marine fossils on top of Mt. Everest and the Himalayas were formed then. How else does a planet get covered by 3/4 water on the surface? There is no other planet like it in the universe. Just like aliens, you won't find a planet like it. You'll die like Carl Sagan, Stephen Hawking and the other schmoes who believed in aliens and watery surfaced planets.
I think I might have broke Hollie!
Don't worry. She's perfectly fine.

If you're so gullible as to believe a silly youtube video, utterly unsupported, that's your choice. Just don't presume to foist your gullibility on others
Tou should do your homework science denier. Do you think the intent of that video, or the article was to prove the flood?
Most idiots/tards think the flood was caused solely by 40 days of rain, but the truth is, GOD says he "opened the fountains of the deep."

The existence of this great body of water is FACT. Deny all you want, denier.

Rare Diamond Confirms That Earth's Mantle Holds an Ocean's Worth of Water

There’s as much water in Earth’s mantle as in all the oceans

Found! Hidden Ocean Locked Up Deep in Earth's Mantle
God doesn't say that. A book written by iron age nomads says that. The water exists, but where is the evidence that it spewed out of the Earth 5000 years ago?

It's God as only eyewitness evidence. There is evidence of marine fossils on top of Mt. Everest and the Himalayas were formed then. How else does a planet get covered by 3/4 water on the surface? There is no other planet like it in the universe. Just like aliens, you won't find a planet like it. You'll die like Carl Sagan, Stephen Hawking and the other schmoes who believed in aliens and watery surfaced planets.
You spewed about a dozen claims, none of which you can support with evidence.

How do you know there is no other planet like Earth? Obviously you don't.

Water is common in the universe. There's nothing surprising about a planet covered with water. There are two moons in our solar system that are covered with water.

I agree. Not evidence the he did not either. The jury is sill out as far as I am concerned. The realm of possibility includes god as a possibility. My beliefs are still a work in progress.

I agree. Not evidence the he did not either. The jury is sill out as far as I am concerned. The realm of possibility includes god as a possibility. My beliefs are still a work in progress.
There is no evidence that God did it, period. Absence of evidence is not evidence that God did it. Words in some ancient tome aren't evidence of anything.

Not only were there no Christians in existence in 150 BC, there was no such thing as crucifixion either. No hand and feet piercing, No hanging people on trees. It was unheard of in 150 BC.
FYI:
The Greeks were generally opposed to performing crucifixions.[67] However, in his Histories, ix.120–122, the Greek writer Herodotus describes the execution of a Persian general at the hands of Athenians in about 479 BC: "They nailed him to a plank and hung him up ... this Artayctes who suffered death by crucifixion."[68] The Commentary on Herodotus by How and Wells remarks: "They crucified him with hands and feet stretched out and nailed to cross-pieces; cf. vii.33. This barbarity, unusual on the part of Greeks, may be explained by the enormity of the outrage or by Athenian deference to local feeling."[69]

The Jewish king Alexander Jannaeus, king of Judea from 103 BC to 76 BC, crucified 800 rebels, said to be Pharisees, in the middle of Jerusalem.[72][73]

Alexander the Great is reputed to have crucified 2,000 survivors from his siege of the Phoenician city of Tyre,[74]

Sorry, I didn't proof read. 1500 BC, not 150 BC.

The Dead Sea Scrolls prove you wrong.
What a ridiculous notion. That is like saying that the book of James proves the book of genesis is factual. This is really , truly embarrassingly bad logic.

No it isn't. The DSS's and the Bible are 2 different groups of manuscripts, that record the same thing in real time, proving that what is in the Bible was was written prior to 70 AD.
It has nothing to do with logic and everything to do with archaeology.
The importance of the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls is that it disproves the "theory" that the Bible was penned centuries after the fact.
If the Bible was written centuries after Christ and His disciples, the forger would then have had to locate ancient papyrus and parchment and copper forged in the 1st century. Then make ancient ink, copy his forgery and then go bury this one somewhere not to be discovered for 2,000 years, to corroborate his other 3 or 4th century fake.
The Scrolls are real. And predate the destruction of the Temple. So does the Bible.

Last edited:
BS. You were talking about the age of the Dead Sea Scrolls, which is about 150 BC. Man up and admit that, while God's other predictions may (or may not) be spot on, this is NOT an example of an accurate prediction. False witness?

The Dead Sea Scrolls prove you wrong.
What a ridiculous notion. That is like saying that the book of James proves the book of genesis is factual. This is really , truly embarrassingly bad logic.

No it isn't. The DSS's and the Bible are 2 different groups of manuscripts, that record the same thing in real time, proving that what is in the Bible was was written prior to 70 AD.
It has nothing to do with logic and everything to do with archaeology.
The importance of the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls is that it disproves the "theory" that the Bible was penned centuries after the fact.
If the Bible was written centuries after Christ and His disciples, the forger would then have had to locate ancient papyrus and parchment and copper forged in the 1st century. Then make ancient ink, copy his forgery and then go bury this one somewhere not to be discovered for 2,000 years, to corroborate his other 3 or 4th century fake.
The Scrolls are real. And predate the destruction of the Temple. So does the Bible.
It's circular horseshit. No different than when some goober here posts a link to an op-ed with the same opinion as support for his own opinion. You just think your case is more "special" because the documents are "ancient and mysterious"...adults shouldn't be swayed by such nonsense...

BS. You were talking about the age of the Dead Sea Scrolls, which is about 150 BC. Man up and admit that, while God's other predictions may (or may not) be spot on, this is NOT an example of an accurate prediction. False witness?

What I was talking about was the practice of crucifixion. That is what you referred to. Your response addressed crucifixion, not the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Here is the prophesy:
Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet.
That prophesy was made prior to 1,000 BC, and is for the most part attributed to King David who was dead by 970 BC. When the prophesy was made, crucifixion was unheard of.

If you don't care for that prophesy, here are some more made during the time of David:

BC: "He trusts in the LORD," they say, "let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him."
AD: "He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him."

BC: "They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment."
AD: " When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots."

You work on those 2 and I'll be back with a bunch more.

What I was talking about was the practice of crucifixion. That is what you referred to. Your response addressed crucifixion, not the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Here is the prophesy:
Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet.
That prophesy was made prior to 1,000 BC, and is for the most part attributed to King David who was dead by 970 BC. When the prophesy was made, crucifixion was unheard of.

If you don't care for that prophesy, here are some more made during the time of David:

BC: "He trusts in the LORD," they say, "let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him."

AD: " When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by casting lots."

But this is a stupid argument entirely, as , to grant some ancient person any such apparently magical power, one would have to discuss the mountain of magical nonsense in particular that never came to pass outside of the imagination of the writers and account for it. So just the very fact that you jave to bend over backwards to cherry pick an overwrought, thrice-translated coincidence shows the utterly baseless and desperate nature of your efforts .

This is like the guy who wakes up every day and claims it is going to rain ..then, when it does, gullible fools fall at his feet and call him a prophet...

Here is the prophesy:

Crucifixion was done by nails through the wrist.

I'll pass on the first, I don't know if it is even a prophecy. As for the second and subsequent 'prophecies' don't trouble yourself since my answer will likely be the same.

Followers of Jesus gave up trying to convince Jews that Jesus was the messiah and even calling themselves Jews in the decades after Jesus died. Jews were looking for a Messiah to free them from the Romans and Jesus was not what they expected. Christians did much better among the pagans but to convert them they wanted the gravitas of an ancient religion and Judaism fit that bill. Christian dogma evolved after Jesus' death and in areas where Jesus' story was unknown. It was easy to enhance his biography with stories like the one above or Jesus arriving in Jerusalem on an ass. Miracles and the whole virgin birth and resurrection were added to impress the pagans with the power of this new god.

How do you know there is no other planet like Earth? Obviously you don't.

smh. We've been over this. It's in Genesis and Noah's flood. That's why there is no other planet like Earth. Our probes have found it so. Scientifically, we have the fine tuning facts to show that it does not happen. Life is rare. We can use probabilities to see if we'll find another planet like ours and chances of that are slim and none.

Forum List

Back