Science & Reason vs. Atheism

there is no objective evidence for or against the existence of god....
or if you can't "prove" there isn't one it is also true you can't prove there is one...
faith only proves itself....

Reasonable atheist is an oxymoron.

Gee whiz. You, the reasonable religionist believing in magic and supernaturalism, holds the "reasonable" position.

You recoil at challenges to your religious belief. Is hate directed at those believe as you a part of your religious dogma? Don’t post your opinions on a public message board without the expectation that your opinions will be challenged.

More than likely, your brand of faith is nothing more than the acceptance of the faith your family/social circumstances gave you. You made no decision other than to blindly accept what you were told about gods, hells, demons, boogeymen, etc.

You blindly accepted existence being *poofed* by the magical snapping of digits of a divine being who via supernatural means establishes all of reality including the laws of nature and logic which allow for the existence of knowledge.

Have you considered that competing religions/gods/magic creations and the adherents to those are just as plausible as your creation tales?

So, in that sense, you are the unreasonable, oxymoronic atheist when placed against other, just as likely religious beliefs.

More evidence that reasonable atheist is an oxymoron.

Reasonable atheist is an oxymoron.

Gee whiz. You, the reasonable religionist believing in magic and supernaturalism, holds the "reasonable" position.

You recoil at challenges to your religious belief. Is hate directed at those believe as you a part of your religious dogma? Don’t post your opinions on a public message board without the expectation that your opinions will be challenged.

More than likely, your brand of faith is nothing more than the acceptance of the faith your family/social circumstances gave you. You made no decision other than to blindly accept what you were told about gods, hells, demons, boogeymen, etc.

You blindly accepted existence being *poofed* by the magical snapping of digits of a divine being who via supernatural means establishes all of reality including the laws of nature and logic which allow for the existence of knowledge.

Have you considered that competing religions/gods/magic creations and the adherents to those are just as plausible as your creation tales?

So, in that sense, you are the unreasonable, oxymoronic atheist when placed against other, just as likely religious beliefs.

More evidence that reasonable atheist is an oxymoron.

I've often found that in the face of challenges to their beliefs in the supernatural, it's a standard tactic for religionists to offer some pointless comment as opposed to actually addressing the issues raised.

Given the plethora of gods throughout human history, none of which are open to any proof, yes, it is rational and logical to conclude that gods are invented to explain phenomenon. Given that overwhelming, people simply accept the religious faith of the familial/societal environments, yes, it is rational and logical to conclude that for the vast majority of religionists, religious belief is a thought-less process.

So, Unless you are willing to argue that any number of assertions of gods other than the one you were assigned by your parents is "true" it illustrates my comments very clearly. I for one have a hard time imagining you supporting the Hindu concept of god/theology which is obviously meant to "explain existence" and have no more or less authority than that of the conclusions of the Christian/Moslem concept.

Last edited:
I've often found that in the face of challenges to their belief in materialism it's a standard tactic for atheists to offer some pointless comment as opposed to actually addressing the issues raised.

Given the plethora of gods throughout human history, none of which are open to any proof, yes, it is rational and logical to conclude that gods are invented to explain phenomenon.
Many names for God, many different ideas about God, but this doesn't mean there is no God!

Given that overwhelming, people simply accept the religious faith of the familial/societal environments,
Timid minds accept the anti-religious brainwashing of the media bosses.

yes, it is rational and logical to conclude that for the vast majority of religionists, religious belief is a thought-less process.
Ill-informed atheists always imagine they alone are rational.

I've often found that in the face of challenges to their belief in materialism it's a standard tactic for atheists to offer some pointless comment as opposed to actually addressing the issues raised.

Given the plethora of gods throughout human history, none of which are open to any proof, yes, it is rational and logical to conclude that gods are invented to explain phenomenon.
Many names for God, many different ideas about God, but this doesn't mean there is no God!

Given that overwhelming, people simply accept the religious faith of the familial/societal environments,
Timid minds accept the anti-religious brainwashing of the media bosses.

yes, it is rational and logical to conclude that for the vast majority of religionists, religious belief is a thought-less process.
Ill-informed atheists always imagine they alone are rational.

Right. There's no "belief" in materialism so that your setting up of straw men only to have them tumble over is time wasting.

Right. Many names for many gods. It doesn't mean there are no gods. How profound. More importantly, What's for lunch?

Right. Blame the media.

Right. Ill informed atheists always imagine they alone are rational.

I'll want fries with my order and biggie-size the soda.

Some of the questions you people could instead be asking...

"What all can you learn from something spiritual that you can only see or hear in your mind?"

"How can communing with a God (real or created in your mind, or both) affect your reality for the better or worse? How can it help you develop and progress? How does it impact your worldview? How does it affect the way you interact with humans and nature? How does it make you feel?"

"How does our subconscious affect our spiritual experiences?"

"How can a religion's or culture's sacred holidays affect your mood, emotions, behavior, and mindset?"

"What impact do celestial forces have on your religious/ spiritual beliefs?"

"How can mankind use a religion against you? Or to help you? How can you use a religion against mankind? Or to help mankind?"

"What affect does your god(s)/ religion/ spirituality/ lack of religion have on your view of morality?"

"If you create a God in your mind... how REAL can it possibly become?"

"If a deity exists, in what ways could it possibly, theoretically, choose to contact you?"

Last edited:
Right. There's no "belief" in materialism so that your setting up of straw men only to have them tumble over is time wasting.
Atheism can be defined as "the doctrine that there is no God".

Right. Blame the media.
You missed the point.

What's for lunch?
Great examples of someone posting pointless comments as opposed to actually addressing the issues raised. lol

Last edited:

Many atheists are materialists.

You missed the point.

Great examples of someone posting pointless comments as opposed to actually addressing the issues raised. lol
what issues would that be?
god is subjective ..no issue there

Right. Blame the media.
You missed the point.

What's for lunch?

You presented nothing but slogans and cliches'.

You missed the point.

You presented nothing but slogans and cliches'.
how typical....:D

Forum List

Back