🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic!!!

I don't know how I missed this update as I have often seen ABNORMALS quote just the opposite...Liberalism is a mental illness. The science is settled on that so there can be no debate.

Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians. A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong. The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism. “The interpretation of the coding of the political attitude items in the descriptive and preliminary analyses portion of the manuscript was exactly reversed,” the journal said in the startling correction.

(Excerpt) Read more at nypost.com ...

7vjmnSv.jpg
Lol, you didn't actually read the article did you?

NEWS

Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic
By Danika Fears

June 9, 2016 | 11:18pm

160610-liberal-psychotics-study-feature.jpg

Audience members at a rally held by Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders.Getty Images
Turns out liberals are the real authoritarians.

A political-science journal that published an oft-cited study claiming conservatives were more likely to show traits associated with “psychoticism” now says it got it wrong. Very wrong.

The American Journal of Political Science published a correction this year saying that the 2012 paper has “an error” — and that liberal political beliefs, not conservative ones, are actually linked to psychoticism.

“The interpretation of the coding of the political attitude items in the descriptive and preliminary analyses portion of the manuscript was exactly reversed,” the journal said in the startling correction.

“The descriptive analyses report that those higher in Eysenck’s psychoticism are more conservative, but they are actually more liberal; and where the original manuscript reports those higher in neuroticism and social desirability are more liberal, they are, in fact, more conservative.”

[iframe src="[URL="https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-32/html/container.html?n=0"]SafeFrame Container[/URL]" name="1-0-32;12133;d)return"";a.a.sort(function(a,b){return a-b});c=null;for(var e="",f=0;f=k.length){d-=k.length;b+=k;e=a.c;break}else a.f&&(e=d,k[e-1]==a.c&&--e,b+=k.substr(0,e),e=a.c,d=0);c=null==c?h:c}}a="";null!=c&&(a=e+"trn="+c);return b+a}function ua(a){var b=1,c;for(c in a.b)b=c.length>b?c.length:b;return 3997-b-a.c.length-1};function va(a,b,c,d){if(Math.random()<(d||.01))try{if(c instanceof K)var e=c;else e=new K,la(c,function(a,b){var c=e,d=c.h++;a=qa(b,a);c.a.push(d);c.b[d]=a});var f=ta(e,a.a,"/pagead/gen_204?id="+b+"&");f&&D(u,f)}catch(h){}};var N=null;function wa(){var a=u.performance;return a&&a.now&&a.timing?Math.floor(a.now()+a.timing.navigationStart):v()}function xa(){var a=void 0===a?u:a;return(a=a.performance)&&a.now?a.now():null};function ya(a,b,c){this.label=a;this.type=b;this.value=c;this.duration=0;this.uniqueId=this.label+"_"+this.type+"_"+Math.random();this.slotId=void 0};var O=u.performance,za=!!(O&&O.mark&&O.measure&&O.clearMarks),P=function(a){var b=!1,c;return function(){b||(c=a(),b=!0);return c}}(function(){var a;if(a=za){var b;if(null===N){N="";try{a="";try{a=u.top.location.hash}catch(c){a=u.location.hash}a&&(N=(b=a.match(/\bdeid=([\d,]+)/))?b[1]:"")}catch(c){}}b=N;a=!!b.indexOf&&0<=b.indexOf("1337")}return a});function Aa(){var a=S;this.b=[];this.c=a||u;var b=null;a&&(a.google_js_reporting_queue=a.google_js_reporting_queue||[],this.b=a.google_js_reporting_queue,b=a.google_measure_js_timing);this.a=P()||(null!=b?b:1>Math.random())}function Ba(a){a&&O&&P()&&(O.clearMarks("goog_"+a.uniqueId+"_start"),O.clearMarks("goog_"+a.uniqueId+"_end"))}Aa.prototype.start=function(a,b){if(!this.a)return null;var c=xa()||wa();a=new ya(a,b,c);b="goog_"+a.uniqueId+"_start";O&&P()&&O.mark(b);return a};function Ca(){var a=T;this.c=Da;this.f=this.b;this.a=void 0===a?null:a}function Ea(a,b,c,d){try{if(a.a&&a.a.a){var e=a.a.start(b.toString(),3);var f=c();var h=a.a;c=e;if(h.a&&"number"==typeof c.value){var g=xa()||wa();c.duration=g-c.value;var m="goog_"+c.uniqueId+"_end";O&&P()&&O.mark(m);h.a&&h.b.push(c)}}else f=c()}catch(k){h=!0;try{Ba(e),h=a.f.call(a,b,new U(V(k),k.fileName,k.lineNumber),void 0,d)}catch(p){a.b(217,p)}if(!h)throw k;}return f}function Fa(a,b,c,d){var e=Ga;return function(f){for(var h=[],g=0;gvu("https://securepubads.g.doubleclick....JSzNQ5mVQ_l4qHEAE\x26urlfix\x3d1\x26adurl\x3d") var unruly = window.unruly || {}; unruly.native = unruly.native || {}; unruly.native.siteId = 622640; unruly.native.onFallback = function adFallback() { return '\n googletag.pubads().definePassback("/5850/post.mobileamp/inline_1/unruly", [[300,250]]).set("page_url", "https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/")\n .display();\n\n'; }; {"transport": {"beacon": true, "xhrpost": false},"requests": {"ampeos": "https://pagead2.googlesyndication.c...ljE&sig=Cg0ArKJSzJxGTLTGGJubEAE&id=ampeos&o=${elementX},${elementY}&d=${elementWidth},${elementHeight}&ss=${screenWidth},${screenHeight}&bs=${viewportWidth},${viewportHeight}&mcvt=${maxContinuousVisibleTime}&mtos=0,0,${maxContinuousVisibleTime},${maxContinuousVisibleTime},${maxContinuousVisibleTime}&tos=0,0,${totalVisibleTime},0,0&tfs=${firstSeenTime}&tls=${lastSeenTime}&g=${minVisiblePercentage}&h=${maxVisiblePercentage}&pt=${pageLoadTime}&tt=${totalTime}&rpt=${adNavTiming(navigationStart,loadEventStart)}&rst=${adNavTiming(navigationStart)}&r=de"},"triggers": {"endOfSession": {"on": "visible","request": "ampeos","visibilitySpec": {"reportWhen": "documentExit","selector": ":root","visiblePercentageMin": 50}}}}

{"uid":0.133399543667861,"hostPeerName":"https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.org","initialGeometry":"{\"windowCoords_t\":0,\"windowCoords_r\":360,\"windowCoords_b\":560,\"windowCoords_l\":0,\"frameCoords_t\":1964,\"frameCoords_r\":330,\"frameCoords_b\":2214,\"frameCoords_l\":30,\"posCoords_t\":1539,\"posCoords_b\":1789,\"posCoords_r\":330,\"posCoords_l\":30,\"styleZIndex\":\"\",\"allowedExpansion_r\":60,\"allowedExpansion_b\":310,\"allowedExpansion_t\":0,\"allowedExpansion_l\":0,\"yInView\":0,\"xInView\":1}","permissions":"{\"expandByOverlay\":true,\"expandByPush\":true,\"readCookie\":false,\"writeCookie\":false}","metadata":"{\"shared\":{\"sf_ver\":\"1-0-32\",\"ck_on\":1,\"flash_ver\":\"26.0.0\",\"canonical_url\":\"https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/\",\"amp\":{\"canonical_url\":\"https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/\"}}}","reportCreativeGeometry":false,"isDifferentSourceWindow":false,"sentinel":"1-17882375473555008579","width":300,"height":250,"_context":{"ampcontextVersion":"1903070012530","ampcontextFilepath":"https://3p.ampproject.net/1903070012530/ampcontext-v0.js","sourceUrl":"Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic","referrer":"Google","canonicalUrl":"https://nypost.com/2016/06/09/science-says-liberal-beliefs-are-linked-to-pyschotic-traits/","pageViewId":"8501","location":{"href":"Science says liberals, not conservatives, are psychotic"},"startTime":1552341115693,"tagName":"AMP-AD","mode":{"localDev":false,"development":false,"minified":true,"lite":false,"test":false,"version":"1903070012530","rtvVersion":"011903070012530"},"canary":false,"hidden":false,"initialLayoutRect":{"left":30,"top":1539,"width":300,"height":250},"initialIntersection":{"time":9298.000000009779,"rootBounds":{"left":0,"top":0,"width":360,"height":560,"bottom":560,"right":360,"x":0,"y":0},"boundingClientRect":{"left":30,"top":1114,"width":300,"height":250,"bottom":1364,"right":330,"x":30,"y":1114},"intersectionRect":{"left":0,"top":0,"width":0,"height":0,"bottom":0,"right":0,"x":0,"y":0},"intersectionRatio":0},"domFingerprint":"3712967712","experimentToggles":{"amp-consent":true,"fixed-elements-in-lightbox":true,"chunked-amp":true,"hidden-mutation-observer":true,"expAdsenseCanonical":false,"canary":false,"expAdsenseUnconditionedCanonical":false,"amp-story-v1":true,"ad-type-custom":true,"linker-form":true,"no-sync-xhr-in-ads":true,"a4aProfilingRate":false,"version-locking":true,"scroll-height-bounce":false,"amp-sidebar toolbar":true,"amp-auto-ads-adsense-holdout":false,"amp-list-resizable-children":true,"as-use-attr-for-format":false,"amp-auto-ads-adsense-responsive":false,"font-display-swap":true,"amp-ima-video":true,"amp-playbuzz":true,"amp-auto-lightbox":false,"amp-auto-ads":true,"pump-early-frame":true,"amp-date-picker":true,"amp-access-iframe":true,"a4aFastFetchAdSenseLaunched":false,"amp-list-viewport-resize":true,"doubleclickSraExp":false,"amp-apester-media":true,"doubleclickSraReportExcludedBlock":false,"amp-live-list-sorting":true,"linker-meta-opt-in":true,"ampdoc-closest":false,"amp-story-responsive-units":true,"scroll-height-minheight":false,"user-error-reporting":true,"expAdsenseA4A":false,"a4aFastFetchDoubleclickLaunched":false,"adsense-ff-number-delay":false,"no-initial-intersection":true,"sandbox-ads":true},"sentinel":"1-17882375473555008579"}}" height="250" width="300" data-amp-3p-sentinel="1-17882375473555008579" allow="sync-xhr 'none';" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" allowtransparency="" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" sandbox="allow-top-navigation-by-user-activation allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox allow-forms allow-modals allow-pointer-lock allow-popups allow-same-origin allow-scripts" class="i-amphtml-fill-content" id="google_ads_iframe_2" style="margin: auto; display: block; height: 250px; max-height: 100%; max-width: 300px; min-height: 0px; min-width: 0px; width: 300px; transform: translate(-50%, -50%); top: 0px; left: 0px; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; right: 0px; border-width: 0px !important; border-style: initial !important; padding: 0px !important;">[/iframe]
In the paper, psychoticism is associated with traits such as tough-mindedness, risk-taking, sensation-seeking, impulsivity and authoritarianism.

The social-desirability scale measures people’s tendency to answer questions in ways they believe would please researchers, even if it means overestimating their positive characteristics and underestimating negative ones.

Liberals are the tough minded risk takers and conservatives are the wishy washy touchy feely types.

Lmao!!

I’ve noticed that Democrats were often abused either as children or in a bad marriage. It freezes their emotional development. And bring some kind of victim is to be like royalty for them.

And yet it's Republicans who kill themselves at a far higher rate in Red States.

That's just crazy.
Boise Idaho is the most desired city in the union dufus

I don't know where you get that but I did a search on it. I found the 25 most desirable cities to live in America to live in 2018. Boise doesn't even make the list. The most desirable city to live in America is Colorado City

https://realestate.usnews.com/real-estate/slideshows/the-25-most-desirable-places-to-live-in-the-us

If you want to talk about the city that most people visit is New York.

The 25 Most Popular Cities to Visit in America

Boise doesn't make any list of being desirable.

I don't know where you got that but it's a lie and very easy to prove a lie.

As a side note, My city is on both lists and those lists are mostly comprised of cities in blue states.

Boise is a stink hole that very few people want to visit or live in.
I saw that Asheville NC was on the list. I've been there several times because I only live about an hour away, and I have to agree.
NC is the number 2 state of people moving to idaho

And yet it's Republicans who kill themselves at a far higher rate in Red States.

That's just crazy.
Boise Idaho is the most desired city in the union dufus

I don't know where you get that but I did a search on it. I found the 25 most desirable cities to live in America to live in 2018. Boise doesn't even make the list. The most desirable city to live in America is Colorado City

https://realestate.usnews.com/real-estate/slideshows/the-25-most-desirable-places-to-live-in-the-us

If you want to talk about the city that most people visit is New York.

The 25 Most Popular Cities to Visit in America

Boise doesn't make any list of being desirable.

I don't know where you got that but it's a lie and very easy to prove a lie.

As a side note, My city is on both lists and those lists are mostly comprised of cities in blue states.

Boise is a stink hole that very few people want to visit or live in.
I saw that Asheville NC was on the list. I've been there several times because I only live about an hour away, and I have to agree.

My city is number 5 on both lists. We are always in the top 10 of those kinds of lists.

I don't know where that person got the idea that anyone desires to to go to or live in Boise.
That's cuz you slanted your googling.

I’ve noticed that Democrats were often abused either as children or in a bad marriage.

Do tell.....

and just what kind of enviroment did your sorry azz grow up in to validate that?

~S~

Forum List

Back