Science teacher feeds puppy to turtle after school in front of students; investigation underway

PRESTON — A junior high school teacher is under investigation after he fed a puppy to a snapping turtle in front of students, according to a law enforcement source familiar with the situation.

Robert Crosland has taught science at Preston Junior High School for years. In a news release, Preston School District 201 Superintendent Marc Gee says his administration became aware of “a regrettable circumstance involving some of the biological specimens” on March 7.

“The event occurred well after students had been dismissed and was not a part of any school-directed program,” Gee said in a news release. “We emphasize that at no time was the safety of students or staff compromised.”

Science teacher feeds puppy to turtle after school in front of students; investigation underway | East Idaho News

Creepy. My local tv news said the puppy was alive. It's reported the puppy was sick. He let kids watch it.

Ah, Idaho....

PRESTON — A junior high school teacher is under investigation after he fed a puppy to a snapping turtle in front of students, according to a law enforcement source familiar with the situation.

Robert Crosland has taught science at Preston Junior High School for years. In a news release, Preston School District 201 Superintendent Marc Gee says his administration became aware of “a regrettable circumstance involving some of the biological specimens” on March 7.

“The event occurred well after students had been dismissed and was not a part of any school-directed program,” Gee said in a news release. “We emphasize that at no time was the safety of students or staff compromised.”

Science teacher feeds puppy to turtle after school in front of students; investigation underway | East Idaho News

Creepy. My local tv news said the puppy was alive. It's reported the puppy was sick. He let kids watch it.

Ah, Idaho....
Mentally ill teachers have infected every public school.

What the hell! :(

This kind of thing goes on in nature all the time. It was a bad choice in the part if the teacher. However, had the teacher fed the turtle a live mouse, this probably would not be a news story. People feel a connection with dogs/puppies that does not exist with many other animals.

I’m hungry for a hamburger.

I wouldn't want to watch either take place. But yes people do feel bond with puppies I think it was awful.
Nature is cruel. There is a science lesson in that. But the students probably can gain that knowledge without seeing a turtle eat a puppy.

Nature is cruel. That doesn't mean we should teach our children to be cruel, or subject them to witnessing cruelty. There's no *SCIENCE* in that.

And he probably jacked off while watching them. Pedos love to expose children to depravity. It gives them a rush.

This kind of thing goes on in nature all the time. It was a bad choice in the part if the teacher. However, had the teacher fed the turtle a live mouse, this probably would not be a news story. People feel a connection with dogs/puppies that does not exist with many other animals.

I’m hungry for a hamburger.

I wouldn't want to watch either take place. But yes people do feel bond with puppies I think it was awful.
Nature is cruel. There is a science lesson in that. But the students probably can gain that knowledge without seeing a turtle eat a puppy.

Nature is cruel. That doesn't mean we should teach our children to be cruel, or subject them to witnessing cruelty. There's no *SCIENCE* in that.

Me and the hubby just said THE SAME DAM THING!! Triple stars for you hehehe.

And he probably jacked off while watching them. Pedos love to expose children to depravity. It gives them a rush.
Wow..0 to 60 in a hurry, eh? So, the guy's a pedo? I missed that, I guess.

Some facts that are not getting any play---the incident happened after school. It is still unclear whether the dog was alive at the time of the feeding.
The teacher had fed snakes Guinea pigs in front of the class several times, according to reports. IMO, if the animal was dead, the teacher was just being efficient...why not feed the turtle? If the critter was alive..and the teacher knew students were watching...time for a career change.

Some facts that are not getting any play---the incident happened after school. It is still unclear whether the dog was alive at the time of the feeding.
The teacher had fed snakes Guinea pigs in front of the class several times, according to reports. IMO, if the animal was dead, the teacher was just being efficient...why not feed the turtle? If the critter was alive..and the teacher knew students were watching...time for a career change.

Idaho teacher investigated after allegedly feeding live puppy to snapping turtle as students watched

"Allowing children to watch an innocent baby puppy scream because it is being fed to an animal. That is violence. That is not OK," Parrish added. The animal reportedly was terminally ill.

Este Hull, a 7th-grade student at Preston Junior High, told the station that Crosland usually fed mice or birds to his menagerie of animals, which also include snakes.

Idaho teacher investigated after allegedly feeding live puppy to snapping turtle as students watched

Look at the depraved cretins line up to defend the *normalcy* of gathering children around to watch you feed live animals to reptiles...after school.

It's the left's new take on the perverted "candyman"...the teacher who invites *special* students to stay after school for extra *tutoring* and gives them goodies.

Just when you didn't think they could get any sicker.

Look at the depraved cretins line up to defend the *normalcy* of gathering children around to watch you feed live animals to reptiles...after school.

It's the left's new take on the perverted "candyman"...the teacher who invites *special* students to stay after school for extra *tutoring* and gives them goodies.

Huh..you..are a very sick person..I suggest you get some help....if you are seeing this kind of ugliness...where it does not exist. No where did anyone defend the after school activity--if, in fact, there was any sort of after school activity..and not a student creeping back in and seeing something ugly. No-where was there any intimation of an 'invitation'. But facts..really don't matter to you...your sort see a defense..in someone saying, 'let's wait until all the facts are in'. Worst case...teacher loses his job--but no-where is there even the remotest hint of sexual depravity..except in your mind.

"Candyman'?

I pity you.

Huh..you..are a very sick person..I suggest you get some help....if you are seeing this kind of ugliness...where it does not exist. No where did anyone defend the after school activity--if, in fact, there was any sort of after school activity..and not a student creeping back in and seeing something ugly. No-where was there any intimation of an 'invitation'. But facts..really don't matter to you...your sort see a defense..in someone saying, 'let's wait until all the facts are in'. Worst case...teacher loses his job--but no-where is there even the remotest hint of sexual depravity..except in your mind.

"Candyman'?

I pity you.

The teacher admits doing it.

"Candyman'?

I pity you.

The teacher admits doing it.

I see nowhere any admission.
Some more of the story:

Community stands by science teacher as prosecutor asks for patience

https://link.theplatform.com/s/van/g8_JMlH0h8vE/file.mp4?metafile=false

Community stands by science teacher as prosecutor asks for patience | East Idaho News

PRESTON — Students, parents and community members are standing up for a junior high school biology teacher who is accused of feeding a puppy to a snapping turtle last week.

A petition titled “We Support Crosland” had over 1,600 signatures as of 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, and dozens of Facebook users have posted positive messages in favor of the science teacher.

Robert Crosland has taught science at Preston Junior High School for years. On Monday, EastIdahoNews.com reported he was being investigated after multiple sources said he fed a small puppy to a snapping turtle after school in front of students.

RELATED | Science teacher feeds puppy to turtle after school in front of students; investigation underway

In a news release, Preston School District 201 Superintendent Marc Gee called the incident a “regrettable circumstance involving some of the biological specimens” and stressed it was not a part of any school-directed program.

Crosland is a popular teacher who has exotic snakes and other animals in tanks around his classroom, according to multiple parents and students. Some of those students started the Change.org petition with new signatures being added every few minutes.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PETITION

“It’s time to stand up for one of the best science teachers in the Preston Idaho School District. As a past student, I know first hand the impact he had on my life and many others. Time to show our support for the man that taught us science in a new way and truly loves his job,” River McKay, the organizer of the petition, wrote on the page.

Other students and parents echo McKay’s sentiments.

“Mr. Crosland prepared me for college like no other teacher. He brought science to life and life to science,” Erica Malouf wrote.

Aaron Haws stated, “Mr. Crosland is one of the greatest men I have ever known. He and his incredible family are absolute shining pillars in the Preston/Mink Creek community. They have been through a great deal in recent years, including the loss of their home in a devastating fire. There is absolutely NO REASON he should lose his employment as well. I SUPPORT YOU!!!”

RELATED | Kids disturbed by portrayal of teacher involved in puppy feeding, says mother

Prosecutor calls for patience
Crosland has not been cited or charged with any crime and has not been placed on leave, according to Superintendent Gee. The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office conducted an investigation that was turned over to Franklin County Prosecuting Attorney Vic Pearson.

Pearson issued a news release Tuesday afternoon saying that due to a conflict of interest, his office was enlisting the help of a Sixth Judicial District prosecuting attorney.

“I understand the reaction of the public regarding this incident but would ask for some patience at this point in time,” Pearson wrote. “Such delays are not uncommon to ensure we have met the legal and ethical standards required by the criminal justice system. However, the volume of calls being received by both law enforcement and my office is hindering our ability to complete what needs to be done to reach the end goal of justice in this case.”

"He is a cool teacher who really brought science to life," a former student told East Idaho News..."

:lmao:

Forum List

Back