Scientist discovers errors in global warming model

But the science is settled!
on the point that the globe has warmed? Yes. As with all science new evidence could alter, upend, or even strengthen the point. NASA: Climate Change and Global Warming

But if you want to claim NASA and most every single expert in the field of climate science is wrong...

please don't whine or complain when you are called a fool

I guess you haven't kept up with the current science. Here is what the the IPCC has to say about the "pause" (though they call it the hiatus) so even YOUR source for all that you hold dear says the pause is real and they can't explain it other than normal variability! Dude, you're now just making yourself look really fucking stupid.

"Surface Warming “Pause”
After a period of rapid warming during the 1990s, global mean surface temperatures have not warmed as rapidly over the past decade. The AR5 notes there are “differences between simulated and observed trends over periods as short as 10-15 years (e.g., 1998-2012)”. It concludes that the recent reduction in surface warming is probably due to a redistribution of heat in the ocean, volcanic eruptions, and the recent minimum in the 11-year solar cycle. Most importantly, the report specifically points out that these trends should not undermine our confidence in the “big picture” of our understanding of climate change: “trends based on short records are very sensitive to the beginning and end dates and do not in general reflect long-term climate trends.”

In addition, there is new research proposing explanations for the recent trends that did not make the deadline to be included in the AR5. One paper suggests that some of this “lost” heat is actually in the deep ocean, while another notes that the warming “pause” is actually explained by the unusual number of La Niña (sea surface cooling events) in the Pacific Ocean. The second paper by Yu Kosaka and Shang-Ping Xie states that the “current hiatus is part of natural climate variability, tied specifically to a La-Niña-like decadal cooling. Although similar decadal hiatus events may occur in the future, the multi-decadal warming trend is very likely to continue.”

IPCC AR5 Working Group I Highlights | Center for Climate and Energy Solutions

Is the hard-on you people have with the IPPC all over the 'I' - International?

Non-sequitur now? Boy, when you lose the plot you really lose it! How about addressing what they say in the Report numbskull. Go on, it won't hurt your peanut sized brain too much....I promise it won't!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

There are some legit climatologists. They are few and far between, but there are some.

and what is the criteria for legitimacy in your view -- ideology?

:laugh2:

No. Adherence to the scientific method. Still waiting for you to post it up and how it affects appeals to authority.
NASA posts scientific facts that don't adhere to your scientific method?

NASA: Climate Change and Global Warming

Do you understand the difference between OPINION (what is linked to here) and empirical data? No....no I think you're not smart enough to understand the difference. You're like all the other religious nut cases pushing global warming. You have lot's and lot's of dogma and scripture, but you're precious short on actual facts.

I guess that's why they call it faith huh bunky?

How about addressing what they say in the Report numbskull. Go on, it won't hurt your peanut sized brain too much....I promise it won't!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
The report? I have no hard-on with the IPPC IPCC ABCD none.

The day the scientific community comes out and says "We were all wrong and that anonymous twit on the message board was correct" I'll struggle with my conscious. Until then, I will forever see you as an old fool who thinks his science degree from ages ago makes him more of an expert on climate science than most every single climate scientist in the world

How about addressing what they say in the Report numbskull. Go on, it won't hurt your peanut sized brain too much....I promise it won't!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The day the scientific community comes out and says "We were all wrong and that anonymous twit on the message board was correct" I'll struggle with my conscious. Until then, I will forever see you as an old fool who thinks his science degree from ages ago makes him more of an expert on climate science than most every single climate scientist in the world

It is fine that you believe in man made climate change,global cooling, global warming or whatever the flavor of the week is, I don't care.
I am not buying it, we have bigger fish to fry. It is also just fine if people Are not buying the man made climate change theory too.
I don't get why the climate change believers want everyone to believe as they do??

It's just a matter of opinion...

You say there is no pause. THEY say there is. THEY are THE driving force in the political effort to impoverish the people of this planet. They say YOU.... are wrong.

"A former climate modeller for the Government’s Australian Greenhouse Office, with six degrees in applied mathematics, Dr Evans has unpacked the architecture of the basic climate model which underpins all climate science.

He has found that, while the underlying physics of the model is correct, it had been applied incorrectly.

He has fixed two errors and the new corrected model finds the climate’s sensitivity to carbon dioxide (CO2) is much lower than was thought.

It turns out the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has over-estimated future global warming by as much as 10 times, he says.

“Yes, CO2 has an effect, but it’s about a fifth or tenth of what the IPCC says it is. CO2 is not driving the climate; it caused less than 20 per cent of the global warming in the last few decades”.

CO2 is not causing global warming.

Read more: Australian scientist discovers ERRORS in Global Warming models that COMPLETELY undermine climate theory!!! » The Right Scoop -

Sorry, this is a non-starter. You violated the inherent truth of liberalism
evidence your objection to the climate science is one of ideology and not science and truth

You're the one with the anti science philosophy. You wish to absolutely squelch discussion of the subject. That is as anti science as you can get.

Yes, the data on global warming is clearly unclear. The scientific honesty is to keep an open mind. The last thing a liberal has. there is no validity in science until you can predict the future, not just explain the past. And the global warming science has been consistently wrong with every prediction

It is fine that you believe in man made climate change,global cooling, global warming or whatever the flavor of the week is, I don't care.
I am not buying it, we have bigger fish to fry. It is also just fine if people Are not buying the man made climate change theory too.
I don't get why the climate change believers want everyone to believe as they do??

global warming is not JUST an opinion.

there is a field in science concerned with climate change. you must have been one of those people who believed the science was not in on cigs and cancer

You say there is no pause. THEY say there is. THEY are THE driving force in the political effort to impoverish the people of this planet. They say YOU.... are wrong.
Okay. another ideological arguments from the self-professed scientist?

There is a political effort intended to impoverish the planet? You disbelieve climate science, yet you believe in political conspiracies intending to impoverish the planet. okay

"A former climate modeller for the Government’s Australian Greenhouse Office, with six degrees in applied mathematics, Dr Evans has unpacked the architecture of the basic climate model which underpins all climate science.

He has found that, while the underlying physics of the model is correct, it had been applied incorrectly.

He has fixed two errors and the new corrected model finds the climate’s sensitivity to carbon dioxide (CO2) is much lower than was thought.

It turns out the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has over-estimated future global warming by as much as 10 times, he says.

“Yes, CO2 has an effect, but it’s about a fifth or tenth of what the IPCC says it is. CO2 is not driving the climate; it caused less than 20 per cent of the global warming in the last few decades”.

Read more: Australian scientist discovers ERRORS in Global Warming models that COMPLETELY undermine climate theory!!! » The Right Scoop -

evidence your objection to the climate science is one of ideology and not science and truth

You're the one with the anti science philosophy. You wish to absolutely squelch discussion of the subject. That is as anti science as you can get.

Yes, the data on global warming is clearly unclear. The scientific honesty is to keep an open mind. The last thing a liberal has. there is no validity in science until you can predict the future, not just explain the past. And the global warming science has been consistently wrong with every prediction
again, another ideological argument, not a scientific one

So a guy with degrees in math goes on his wife's blog, and he's your credible climate scientist, yet most every single climate scientist in the world agree with the globe has warmed and man has something to do with it?

Okay -- and you and your blogger know more about the science than NASA does NASA: Climate Change and Global Warming

No you dill; just one of many....and I have supplied you with some of them. I am interested in this guy's calculations and how they stand up to peer review. You aren't. You use the old Chicago style of politics....lie and cheat!!!

Greg
peer review?

What peers, bloggers?

Maybe you should READ the bloody link!! It has been submitted to TWO journals and is currently undergoing peer review. Do keep up.

Greg

That made no sense, Holmes. In fact you just showed the reverse, for you global warming's about ideology

there is a field in science concerned with climate change. you must have been one of those people who believed the science was not in on cigs and cancer

Yet that "science" can't predict anything accurately, which is the basic first test of scientific theory

Denial

That made no sense, Holmes. In fact you just showed the reverse, for you global warming's about ideology
you attack opponents views as being views of a liberal.

that is an ideological argument

Yet that "science" can't predict anything accurately, which is the basic first test of scientific theory
When NASA launched men to go land on the moon and come back. The theories that this could happen were based on predictions

Oh yeah, you disagree with NASA too :eek:

Denial

Ditto, you aren't offering anything but your personal testimony that's it's true and belief that someone out there proved it. Global warming is a religion to liberals. I haven't said it's not true, I said I have an open mind. But the reality is that all the evidence is inconclusive. You describe an open mind on the subject as ideology and your blind belief in that which isn't proven as science.

Dante is one self deluded Hombre

you attack opponents views as being views of a liberal.

that is an ideological argument

Dante doesn't know what the word ideology means.

So just to be clear, when you accuse me of being ideological, you tell me I'm ideological for calling you ideological, but you calling me ideological isn't ideology.

Hypocrisy much?

When NASA launched men to go land on the moon and come back. The theories that this could happen were based on predictions

Predictions which were backed by many empirical tests that validated them.

For your analogy to global warming to work, the predictions would have had to have been inconclusive whether the astronauts would make it back. Obviously they were not inconclusive.

That is obvious from what I said, is Dante sure he read it?

Mechanics has fantastic predictive powers. AGW not so much....in fact near ZERO!!!

Greg

Forum List

Back