🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Scott McNealy: After 8 years the "waterboarding" has stopped

NightFox

Wildling
Jul 20, 2013
Source: CNBC
The 'waterboarding stopped' — big company CEO describes the difference between Obama and Trump

"Sun Microsystems co-founder Scott McNealy told CNBC on Wednesday that CEOs appear to be relieved that the eight years of economic "waterboarding" by the Obama administration has stopped.

"I've been talking to lots of CEOs. I had one who said it very succinctly, a very large Fortune 20-type CEO, and he said, 'All of a sudden after the election, the waterboarding, the eight years of waterboarding stopped,'" said McNealy, who voted for Donald Trump.

"I think that is a strong feeling of a lot of CEOs out there," McNealy told "Squawk Box." "The regulations are coming down. The attacks from the government are coming down.
"

Interesting perspective, although it seems to me to be a bit early to draw such as sweeping conclusion it's good to hear that some CEO's are feeling like they can get back to the business of doing business instead of being hamstrung by the Federal Government.

"Every job in the public sector "is basically taking a job out of the private sector," McNealy said. To be sure, he added, "I'm not an anarchist and say no government."

"There are roles like state, the court systems, law enforcement, defense, and other things that are natural monopolies," he said.

He argued, however, that in most cases "let the market decide."

"Without the private sector being strong, you lose your personal liberties and freedoms. If you don't have financial liberties and freedoms, you going to lose your personal liberties and freedoms," McNealy said
."

Amen Scott, well put.

O tortured the economy and was very proud of it. Economic waterboarding is an apt statement.

Yeah I thought so too, it's a shame that we put people in charge of the Executive Branch that have spent their entire careers destroying economic value (like Obama) instead of putting in people that have spent their careers creating economic value (CEO's). :oops:

"Without the private sector being strong, you lose your personal liberties and freedoms. If you don't have financial liberties and freedoms, you going to lose your personal liberties and freedoms," McNealy said."
:clap:

Source: CNBC
The 'waterboarding stopped' — big company CEO describes the difference between Obama and Trump

"Sun Microsystems co-founder Scott McNealy told CNBC on Wednesday that CEOs appear to be relieved that the eight years of economic "waterboarding" by the Obama administration has stopped.

"I've been talking to lots of CEOs. I had one who said it very succinctly, a very large Fortune 20-type CEO, and he said, 'All of a sudden after the election, the waterboarding, the eight years of waterboarding stopped,'" said McNealy, who voted for Donald Trump.

"I think that is a strong feeling of a lot of CEOs out there," McNealy told "Squawk Box." "The regulations are coming down. The attacks from the government are coming down.
"

Interesting perspective, although it seems to me to be a bit early to draw such as sweeping conclusion it's good to hear that some CEO's are feeling like they can get back to the business of doing business instead of being hamstrung by the Federal Government.

"Every job in the public sector "is basically taking a job out of the private sector," McNealy said. To be sure, he added, "I'm not an anarchist and say no government."

"There are roles like state, the court systems, law enforcement, defense, and other things that are natural monopolies," he said.

He argued, however, that in most cases "let the market decide."

"Without the private sector being strong, you lose your personal liberties and freedoms. If you don't have financial liberties and freedoms, you going to lose your personal liberties and freedoms," McNealy said
."

Amen Scott, well put.

Waterboarding?

Yet corporations made trillions of dollars under Obama
If anything...they "waterboarded" their employees by holding back wage increases despite record profits

Obama's goal was to set up the Democratic party with a permanent underclass and an ignorant and compliant electorate to keep Dems in power.

Trump is proposing the biggest tax cut for the Rich in history, and the Rich like him?

duh

Corporations waterboarded America by offshoring trillions in profits rather than investing in jobs and expansion

Trump is proposing the biggest tax cut for the Rich in history, and the Rich like him?

duh

When did Trump propose the "biggest tax cut for the rich in history"?

McNealy didn't even mention taxes he specifically pointed out regulation and "attacks from the government", of course I wouldn't have expected you to notice that since you've made it clear on countless occasions that anything beyond "Democrats good, Republicans bad" is WAY above your level of comprehension.

"Without the private sector being strong, you lose your personal liberties and freedoms. If you don't have financial liberties and freedoms, you going to lose your personal liberties and freedoms," McNealy said."
:clap:

That's the entire premise of the Libertarian Party --- right there.. Freedom/Liberty have both a social and economic component. BOTH are necessary..

Corporations waterboarded America by offshoring trillions in profits rather than investing in jobs and expansion
Can you fucking blame them?

Of course not...but I see no reason to reward them with tax cuts and government subsidies

It's the tax credits that are causing corporate/govt collusion. They need to stop. The amount of taxes that would roll in as a result would be "paying their fair share". I find it sickening and hypocritical that Dem Leadership whine about "GE paying no taxes". Because every one of the pencil heads KNOWS why that it is. It's because THEY gave that company $50 in tax breaks for every "energy efficient" dishwasher, washing machine, or large appliance that they sell.

So I just PUKE when these same characters whine about those companies "paying their fair share". They CREATED the problem by stuffing those companies full of hand-outs. Gotta stop. Libertarians would take it to the people and do it in a year. Don't know if Reps or Dems WILL EVER fess up to the game and fix all that.

Forum List

Back