Scott Walker 2016: You can bank on it

Walker is kinda geeky

No charisma...no chance

When people act as if Hilary Clinton has 2016 in the bag, I have two words for them: Scott Walker. Scott Walker governed a blue state and won his recall election easily despite millions of union dollars being spent against him. He balanced the budget, cut taxes, and solved real problems. He brought people together to get things done and put government back in the hands of the people. As Milwaukee County executive, he won when the last executive spent millions of government money on himself. He and other citizens got together and recalled him. Walker cut taxes in Milwaukee County and got re-elected in an overwhelmingly Democrat county. He won in 2010 and the anti-Republican year of 2012 as governor of Wisconsin, where he fought against the greedy public employee union bosses, and won.

America needs a real leader who will fight for all Americans. Someone who's not afraid to cut taxes and say no to more government spending. That's why we need governor Scott Walker as President.

Long shot at best.

It would depend on the level of Obama fatigue. The problem for any GOP contender is getting from 206 to 270--the 64 vote swing that has to take place.

Florida with 29 votes is a must. No mathematics gets a GOP contender there without Florida.

So lets give Walker Florida and it's 29. And Wisconsin with it's 10. That is 39. You maybe can give him Iowa too on only the virtue of it being a neighboring purple state. That is 6 votes. So now Walker will have 45. Walker needs another 19.

Walker's problem is that for every vote he gets you in Wisconsin (which is arguable by the way (Romney didn't win Ryan's district) you lose at least that many in Ohio. But if you win Ohio...that is 18; still short. Virginia? Maybe. The problem Walker has there is that the Federal Government is one of Virginia's largest employers. Wanting to cut it with bitter ruthlessness....not going to play well. The other states are off limits for all intent and purposes.

Hillary plays well in Florida (she got 50% of the DNC vote in 2008). If ________ (any GOP contender) doesn't win Florida...game over. Can Walker win down there? Maybe. He didn't graduate college but that isn't a deal breaker in some areas of Florida. A non-denominational Christian isn't going to help. No Military will hurt him more than any of that.

Anyway, it will come down to Obama fatigue and the level the nation feels. It may be enough to elect any opposition candidate (much like Obama's victory in 2008).

When people act as if Hilary Clinton has 2016 in the bag, I have two words for them: Scott Walker. Scott Walker governed a blue state and won his recall election easily despite millions of union dollars being spent against him. He balanced the budget, cut taxes, and solved real problems. He brought people together to get things done and put government back in the hands of the people. As Milwaukee County executive, he won when the last executive spent millions of government money on himself. He and other citizens got together and recalled him. Walker cut taxes in Milwaukee County and got re-elected in an overwhelmingly Democrat county. He won in 2010 and the anti-Republican year of 2012 as governor of Wisconsin, where he fought against the greedy public employee union bosses, and won.

America needs a real leader who will fight for all Americans. Someone who's not afraid to cut taxes and say no to more government spending. That's why we need governor Scott Walker as President.

There's a big difference between beating a non-entity like the guy he faced in 2010 and the recall and beating Hillary Clinton.

I will say that Walker is probably the strongest candidate the GOP has.

But that's like being the Leper with the most fingers...a dubious honor at best.

I doubt Walker could beat Hilary in a national election.

I kind of doubt any GOP candidate can. The US has more low information voters dependent on the government than ever before. Maybe if there continues to be enough outrage over Obamacare...some big name Republican will have a chance.

He doesn't poll well either in GOP primaries or against Hillary Clinton.
Name recognition. It'll improve as he begins his campaign.

Actually..he won't.

The more people look at Walker the more they will see an anti-union plutocrat.

Wisconsin nearly booted the guy in a recall vote.

He also asked the Federal government for help after returning a state surplus to rich tax payers.

i am 1,000% behind Scott Walker !!

did you read what Mary Matalin says about Hitlery ??

"Hillary Clinton’s lead is ephemeral," Matalin told Politico Magazine. "As soon as she gets in, if she gets in, she will be challenged and it will evaporate. Just the nature of the beast. I predict she doesn’t run."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Mary Matalin: Hillary Won't Even Run

personally i hope good ol "Shotgun" Joe's steamroller runs all over her commie ass..., that will pretty nearly guarantee the Republicans a landslide win in 2016. :up:

I doubt Walker could beat Hilary in a national election.

I kind of doubt any GOP candidate can. The US has more low information voters dependent on the government than ever before. Maybe if there continues to be enough outrage over Obamacare...some big name Republican will have a chance.

Low information voter= I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh

I like it for the simple reason that Ed Schultz made many trips to Wisconcin
to try to help recall the guy.

Oh yeah...and that failed.

I have to say, I admire the man who stood up to the leftist filth who invaded the state house like roaches to try and oust him and then tried to recall him.

He did not break down and cry like Boehner. He did not try to compromise and cave like Boehner and wonder how he could be more like democrats to try and win the next election like Boehner. Instead, he stood up to them and won.

Now the voters in Wisconsin have lower taxes and a cash surplus :clap2:

Not anymore.

Walker gave that back to the rich folks.

Then..went hat in hand to the fed to ask for "relief" because of a "propane shortage".

Forum List

Back