🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Scott Walker's achilles heal (-:

To suppose that a person who did not finish college is deficient is pure idiocy. As is the assumption that because someone graduated from an Ivy League college they are brilliant.

Because of the nature of my work I have had to switch jobs frequently throughout my career (1975-present). Many, many times the companies I worked for told us that because of a business downturn we would have to produce more with fewer resources (including people). Usually we did it, because we had no choice. We realized that we could work harder and smarter, and the world would not end.

But try something like that in the public sector and people look at you like you are crazy. Any good executive could walk into any one of 95% of American colleges and universities and cut one-third of the budget within two years without compromising the quality of the "product" in the least. But it will never happen. The culture is irredeemably corrupt.

To suppose that a person who did not finish college is deficient is pure idiocy. As is the assumption that because someone graduated from an Ivy League college they are brilliant.

Because of the nature of my work I have had to switch jobs frequently throughout my career (1975-present). Many, many times the companies I worked for told us that because of a business downturn we would have to produce more with fewer resources (including people). Usually we did it, because we had no choice. We realized that we could work harder and smarter, and the world would not end.

But try something like that in the public sector and people look at you like you are crazy. Any good executive could walk into any one of 95% of American colleges and universities and cut one-third of the budget within two years without compromising the quality of the "product" in the least. But it will never happen. The culture is irredeemably corrupt.

In the 21st century, any leader who does not have a degree is deficient

Trying to claim "common sense" is just another way of saying "stupid"

I have to agree .... mostly. Michael Dell. Steve Jobs. So, a college degree is not necessary to illustrate one is exceptional. But, if a pol doesn't have one, he needs to have a good reason why he went another way.

Really?

Is Bill Gates 'deficient'?

How about Steve Jobs or Larry Ellison?

Then there's Clint Eastwood, only THE most successful Hollywood personalty EVER. Real 'deficient' huh?

Then there's Ted Turner who got kicked out Brown (who later gave him an honorary degree).

The dumbest fuck in here is you

I have to agree .... mostly. Michael Dell. Steve Jobs. So, a college degree is not necessary to illustrate one is exceptional. But, if a pol doesn't have one, he needs to have a good reason why he went another way.

Says who, you?

Abraham Lincoln and I disagree.

Really?

Then there's Clint Eastwood, only THE most successful Hollywood personalty EVER. Real 'deficient' huh?

Then there's Ted Turner who got kicked out Brown (who later gave him an honorary degree).

None of them are asking to be president...Walker IS

He doesn't have the personal motivation to finish college, he can't be expected to handle the Presidency

Really?

None of them are asking to be president...Walker IS

He doesn't have the personal motivation to finish college, he can't be expected to handle the Presidency

James Buchanan had a College Degree, Abraham Lincoln didn't.

George Washington didn't have a College Degree and he was not only our Greatest President but one of the Greatest Human Beings to ever live.

I hope dimocrap scum attack Walker because of his lack of a Degree.

I seriously do. Please, please, please do.

It will help others see what I've know for decades -- dimocraps are not only the scum of the earth, they're elitist scum of the earth

Gotta love the "Do as I say, not what I do" Republicans

They bitch for six years that Obama may have been born in another country
Then run Cruz who was born in Canada

They bitch about Obama's college records
Then run Walker who never even finished college

They bitch about Obama being a first term Senator running for President
Then run Rubio, Cruz and Paul for President

I like the GOP plan. Since they don't believe in science and education is for snobs, just stop paying for it altogether. Who needs it? Rick Santorum got it right:

I'd like to know why. He dropped out to work for IBM. In sales. If he needed the money, I respect him.

Maybe he found College to be boring.

I did.

All it is anymore is a fuck-factory pumping out idiots with useless diplomas.

Yeah, some people really do learn something in College -- Engineering, Computers, Medicine but for the most part, I'm right.

They go to College for 4 years, spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn how to speak the same language as their bosses. That's all it is, a New Age Good Ol' Boys (and Girls) Club.

Nine of ten jobs held by College Graduates don't require a College Degree for the job. The only requirement for a Degree is Employer discretion. How does an Ed Degree help you in the Shipping Dept? It doesn't.

THAT is the way it is.

I like the GOP plan. Since they don't believe in science and education is for snobs, just stop paying for it altogether. Who needs it? Rick Santorum got it right:

We have FAR more 'scientists' in our ranks than do dimocraps. It isn't even close.

We also have FAR more people with degrees.

I decided when I was in College that all I was doing was learning how to be an employee. That's all you learn. That's all they can teach you -- How to work for somebody else.

I didn't want to work for somebody else. My goal was to be self-employed, to be the master of my own fate.

You? You need all the help you can get. A PhD in Burger flipping is what you need.

That's all College is anymore. A bunch of lazy, unmotivated shithead kids with no ambition being sent off to College by their hopeful parents; mistakenly believeing that 4 years (and $50k) will help little Johnny 'find his way'

Little Janey is just there looking for her 'MRS Degree' most of the time. Unless she's ugly as a gunny sack full of assholes.... In which case she is destined to get a Masters and go to work for the goobermint at the IRS or some other parasitic job placement..... Maybe Academia.

Real College? REAL Degrees? I'm all for them. But we can't even produce enough Engineers, we have to import them (and their stinking breath) from India.

dimocraps arre just stupid

I'd like to know why. He dropped out to work for IBM. In sales. If he needed the money, I respect him.

Maybe he found College to be boring.

I did.

All it is anymore is a fuck-factory pumping out idiots with useless diplomas.

Yeah, some people really do learn something in College -- Engineering, Computers, Medicine but for the most part, I'm right.

They go to College for 4 years, spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn how to speak the same language as their bosses. That's all it is, a New Age Good Ol' Boys (and Girls) Club.

Nine of ten jobs held by College Graduates don't require a College Degree for the job. The only requirement for a Degree is Employer discretion. How does an Ed Degree help you in the Shipping Dept? It doesn't.

THAT is the way it is.
No that would not be acceptable. A lot of things in life are boring to people, but hardly without meaning. Walker's choice of careers would be well served with US and world history; rhetoric and logic; economics (the main issue of the thread is basically whether he understands economics); world religions, etc. If he found that boring, why's he in politics?

Steve Jobs rather famously said that were it not for a calligraphy class he audited, the mac wouldn't have had the typefaces it has. Yet, Jobs dropped out of Reed College because his parents were spending much of their savings. Wozniak dropped out of college to work as a designer for HP. It wouldn't be hard to believe that Woz got more education working with HP than he would in college IF he'd already decided he wanted to be an electronic engineer ... which was the case.

The question remains why Walker dropped out. Reagan worked his way through, and never discounted his education. In fact, the experience was one of the reasons he believed in kids having some investment of their own in getting through school; it isn't something "given" to you. Margaret Thatcher was a scholarship kid. Jeb Bush got a degree in Latin American studies in two years, and he never looked back.

His education cuts are tied to the koch brothers and the fact that walker doesn't see any benefit to education.

Which doesn't surprise me.

The man dropped out of college and never got a degree.

A person who can't finish even a four year degree program has no business running a state much less a nation.

I don't know about the rest of the nation but I want a president who put his education first and actually finished it to get a degree. I want a president who will finish what he started. Obviously walker wouldn't do that.

What is with republican politicians? There are so many who either didn't finish college or took many years to finish or even got kicked out of a college.
Well, I dunno. I'm not necessarily opposed to the guy. I started the thread with a ? (an and attempt at irony/humor). Taking on public sector unions is not a bad thing, imo. Some public employees take lower wages for benefits, and some get pretty unjustifiable benefits. Still, the pensions are unfunded. So, you gotta do something. On the other hand, when a chief executive cuts the very programs, educational and infrastructure, that have led to growth like you find in Silicon Valley and Austin and Tempe, it's counterproductive.

I just asked the question. His positions on taxes and spending need clarification, imo.

I believe if the employees want to be in a union they should be.

If the employees vote to leave a union, yes it's happened, then they have that right.

The government doesn't.

If the pension funds aren't being properly funded it's not the fault of the employees. They held up their end of the contract. The government should do the same.

The answer to that problem isn't to punish the employees. The answer is to properly fund the pension program.

I haven't encountered even one issue that I agreed with walker. Every issue that I've read about with him I've disagreed with his position.

I believe that anyone who is too lazy to complete something they started shouldn't be elected president or governor of a state. The job is too important to leave to someone that lazy.

Look at the bush boy, he actually finished even though it was bought for him, to see the results of a lazy and irresponsible president. Look at Wisconsin for results to walker's policies. Or kansas. brownback and walker have the same economic and social policies.

I honestly don't understand why people think that running a nation is the same thing as running a business.

It's not.

If a business fails then the owners and those who worked there suffer the consequences. Then they go out and find new jobs.

If a nation fails, EVERYONE suffers.

Look at the years 2007 though 2010. Look at the years 1929 though 1937.

On the other hand when a nation succeeds, everyone in the nation succeeds.

Just look at America from 1940 until the mid 1980s. And then again from 1993 until 2001.

Do you realize or understand the type of government Finland uses. I think not, and Canada and some of the others you are touting as examples on your list.
LOL

giphy.gif

I don't think there is waste, per se, in education. There is too much constraint on the teachers. I know many teachers and they all seem to say the same thing. Stop getting in their way with things like common core, NCLB testing, and all this nonsense, and let them get on with doing what they are so very good at doing.

Does the declining numbers of our students ability as compared with the rest of the world seem to fit that?

education-rankings.jpg

His education cuts are tied to the koch brothers and the fact that walker doesn't see any benefit to education.

Which doesn't surprise me.

The man dropped out of college and never got a degree.

A person who can't finish even a four year degree program has no business running a state much less a nation.

I don't know about the rest of the nation but I want a president who put his education first and actually finished it to get a degree. I want a president who will finish what he started. Obviously walker wouldn't do that.

What is with republican politicians? There are so many who either didn't finish college or took many years to finish or even got kicked out of a college.
10 U.S. Presidents Who Never Graduated From College

I honestly don't understand why people think that running a nation is the same thing as running a business.

It's not.

If a business fails then the owners and those who worked there suffer the consequences. Then they go out and find new jobs.

If a nation fails, EVERYONE suffers.

Look at the years 2007 though 2010. Look at the years 1929 though 1937.

On the other hand when a nation succeeds, everyone in the nation succeeds.

Just look at America from 1940 until the mid 1980s. And then again from 1993 until 2001.

I don't think I said being a potus was the same as running a company, or at least I didn't mean to. What I tried to say was I don't see necessarily why the LACK of a college degree should be disqualifying if there's a reason that doesn't display laziness or a lack of intellect and curiosity. The examples of Jobs, Woz and Dell were merely to illustrate people who had different aptitudes that were honed without a college degree. Jobs had an uncanny ability to foresee what people wanted from electronics, and he had an electronic gaming background. Woz just wanted to engineer stuff. Dell likes managing a company.

An Unlikely Path Members of Congress Without Bachelor s Degrees PICTURES - NationalJournal.com

I don't think there is waste, per se, in education. There is too much constraint on the teachers. I know many teachers and they all seem to say the same thing. Stop getting in their way with things like common core, NCLB testing, and all this nonsense, and let them get on with doing what they are so very good at doing.

Does the declining numbers of our students ability as compared with the rest of the world seem to fit that?

education-rankings.jpg

Hey dumbfuck,
Your attitude to falling standards is not to ask what are they doing which USA is not... Nope like the dumbfuck you are you are trying to increase the testing, paying teachers less, cutting budgets...

Just because you are a dumb fuck.

Gotta love the "Do as I say, not what I do" Republicans

They bitch for six years that Obama may have been born in another country
Then run Cruz who was born in Canada

They bitch about Obama's college records
Then run Walker who never even finished college

They bitch about Obama being a first term Senator running for President
Then run Rubio, Cruz and Paul for President
Gotta love Democrats.
They bitch that Bush ran on his name and then run Hillary
They bitch that no one should question where Obama was born and then demand everyrecord on McCain
They bitch that experience doesnt matter and then criticize Sarah Palin for lacking experience
They bitch about Bush's poor college performance and then seal Obama's records
They bitch about Bush's DUI conviction and then excuse Obama's cocaine usage
Dems: Biggest fucking hypocrites to walk the planet.

Forum List

Back