🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Scott Walker's achilles heal (-:

Get rid of one useless agency or fire one drone and (only) a republican gets accused of higher ed funding cuts. That's the way the double standard works.
Missouri tried to pass a law by popular vote to take over the teachers union, it failed..

Teachers make you do it over and over again till you get it right....

d2702bd318a69904c8e2aa4b0e814438.jpg
You would be surprised how sloppily some dress.

Never saw one quite this open about her assets.

Get rid of one useless agency or fire one drone and (only) a republican gets accused of higher ed funding cuts. That's the way the double standard works.
Missouri tried to pass a law by popular vote to take over the teachers union, it failed..
I was Missouri certified and wanting to move up there and buy cheap land in the 90's.

Then I found out how cold it gets.
No thank you!

I was Missouri certified and wanting to move up there and buy cheap land in the 90's.

Then I found out how cold it gets.
No thank you!
Up north it's cold, down in the south it's not bad, it's not like Texass though..........

ot, but I've heard there's some thought to not teaching cursive writing anymore. With everyone testing and computing (-: that may not be a crazy idea.

Considering the US spends more money per student, yet fairs so poorly world wide, there is no question that something has to change.
(Here's a spending versus performance comparison worldwide)
U.S. Education Spending Student Performance vs. The World Infographic MAT USC USC Rossier Online
It's time to get back to the basics, the infamous "Three R's" The Federal government should have no say in what a schools curriculum should be. Politics and education should also never mix.
I'm all for basing teacher's pay on results and as mentioned earlier, testing.
I think one of the most important things as far as improving US students performances is parent involvement. Much of the middle class and poor have either households with dual incomes or single parents. I'd surmise that as these demographics grew, student performances declined. Economically speaking, most of these households really don't have a choice. So the challenge is finding a methodology that encourages more parental involvement with their children's education.

I don't think there is waste, per se, in education. There is too much constraint on the teachers. I know many teachers and they all seem to say the same thing. Stop getting in their way with things like common core, NCLB testing, and all this nonsense, and let them get on with doing what they are so very good at doing.

I'm going to tell you like it is....

I worked with the greatest cross-section of society you can possible imagine......

Journalists, Lawyers, Teachers, Engineers, Migrant Workers, Cops, Parolees, Mechanics, The Rich and The Poor..... You name it. I worked with them trying to explain a relatively simple concept.

And I will tell you, I shit you not........

THE DUMBEST FUCKS I had to work with (collectively) without compare, without being even close, without argument --

Teachers.

I'm not just saying that to be argumentative.... I serious as dogs copulating..... Teachers are (collectively) the dumbest fucks I have ever been around.

Even College Professors.

I know why. I really do. But it isn't important -- I'm just telling you -- Educators are the stupidest people you will ever work with.

Avoid them at all costs
Are you serious? I thought they were the smartest people flock-voting for Dems. You know… like sheep… and it is common knowledge that sheep are one of the smartest mammals on Earth.

His education cuts are tied to the koch brothers and the fact that walker doesn't see any benefit to education.

Which doesn't surprise me.

The man dropped out of college and never got a degree.

A person who can't finish even a four year degree program has no business running a state much less a nation.

I don't know about the rest of the nation but I want a president who put his education first and actually finished it to get a degree. I want a president who will finish what he started. Obviously walker wouldn't do that.

What is with republican politicians? There are so many who either didn't finish college or took many years to finish or even got kicked out of a college.

You must have gone to a school that cut back on spelling, right?

It is appalling how spelling is no longer taught seriously.
OMG, I misspelled something. Horrors!
An education thread title should be correctly spelled.
you focking idiot. the (-: is a indicator that I INTENTIONALLY MISSPELLED HEEL TO DENOTE IRONY.

you focking idiot. the (-: is a indicator that I INTENTIONALLY MISSPELLED HEEL TO DENOTE IRONY.
Sure it is spinmeister. Same applies to Achilles written in all lower case to illustrate the insignificance of the post.

His education cuts are tied to the koch brothers and the fact that walker doesn't see any benefit to education.

Which doesn't surprise me.

The man dropped out of college and never got a degree.

A person who can't finish even a four year degree program has no business running a state much less a nation.

I don't know about the rest of the nation but I want a president who put his education first and actually finished it to get a degree. I want a president who will finish what he started. Obviously walker wouldn't do that.

What is with republican politicians? There are so many who either didn't finish college or took many years to finish or even got kicked out of a college.
Well, I dunno. I'm not necessarily opposed to the guy. I started the thread with a ? (an and attempt at irony/humor). Taking on public sector unions is not a bad thing, imo. Some public employees take lower wages for benefits, and some get pretty unjustifiable benefits. Still, the pensions are unfunded. So, you gotta do something. On the other hand, when a chief executive cuts the very programs, educational and infrastructure, that have led to growth like you find in Silicon Valley and Austin and Tempe, it's counterproductive.

I just asked the question. His positions on taxes and spending need clarification, imo.

Walker couldn't graduate from our education system.....why should he expect anyone else to?

Sure it is spinmeister. Same applies to Achilles written in all lower case to illustrate the insignificance of the post.
there must have been a point you tried to make. splunkmeister.

Forum List

Back