🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

SCOTUS divided over SSM

They have a right to liberty, a right to call their relationship a marriage, but no legal right to it unless a State changes it Marriage contract legislatively.

I have a feeling that the SCOTUS, based on precedent, will disagree.

I have a feeling we are getting the "nobody wins" result. States cannot be forced to change the marriage contract on SSM, but have to recognize duly issued marriage contracts from other States.

Actually, after reading the transcripts of the oral arguments- I suspect it will be all or nothing- if the Court doesn't find for gay marriage, they will not require states to recognize marriage from other states.

The only appropriate ruling based on the Constitution is that gay marriage is not addressed, so they have no basis to rule anything. Take it up with the legislature. Unfortunately, the SCOTUS isn't big on ruling based on the actual law, they prefer to make it
There is no appeal to ignorance of Article 4, Section 2.

Have you ever wondered what would happen if a bee spit into the wind?

Nope. They have to serve interracial couples in all 50 states...gays in a few.

Welcome to the world of being a bully. At least own up to it.

Yes- that is what bullies do- demand not to be discriminated against.

Those damn bullies who demanded equal employment opportunities!

Welcome to the progressive new world, where if you don't agree with them, screw you, go and starve.

LOL- pissed off that homosexuals are using your tactics now?

Oh wait- Conservatives just did that to homosexuals for being homosexuals- they didn't give a damn what homosexuals thought- just put them in prison, get them fired, and try to drive any business that is 'too gay friendly' out of business.

The funny part in ^^^^ is that I've been using the homosexual argument, their tactics, to justify same sex sibling marriage (SSSM), AND YOU CAN'T defend it.

Roflmao

No- the sad part is you haven't noticed how your argument fails. But good try at dragging your desire to marry your brother into this thread also.

I think you are a little confused.

We don't let siblings marry because they might produce genetically damaged children who will vote Republican and shit.

Gays aren't going to produce kids. Oh, they could use surrogates and adoption and artificial insemination.

How do same sex siblings produce defective children Joe?

You smoking that whacky tobacky?

So Pop, which country allows sibling marriages as a result of their having same sex marriage? Denmark has had them since 1989. How slippery is this slope of yours, Pops? How many years do we have to wait for your little slippery slope wet dream?

And explain to us how this it will be the gays that "open the door" to the sibling marriages you're dreaming about since it wasn't the gays that established that marriage was a fundamental right? Shouldn't you blame it on the Lovings?

Yet another deflection.

Why is it that SSSM is excluded when SSM is not.

The arguments are exactly the same.

SSSM = same sex sibling marriage.

More red herrings? Your obsession with incest has nothing to do with the case the Supreme Court is considering. None of the questions relate to incest. Nor is anyone in the Obergefell case related.

Your argument has collapsed so completely that you can't even discuss same sex marriage now. If your claims had actual merit, you wouldn't need to run.

Yet you can't answer. Your not for equality at all.

Your red herring has nothing to do with the discussion. Incest is irrelevant. So is polygamy, cannibalism, ovo-lacto vegetarianism or mixed martial arts.

Just because your argument doesn't work related to gay marriage or the Obergefell case doesn't mean that I'm obligated to abandon the thread with you.

If you ever must the courage to discuss gay marriage or the Obergefell case, I'm down.

Welcome to the progressive new world, where if you don't agree with them, screw you, go and starve.

Oh wait- Conservatives just did that to homosexuals for being homosexuals- they didn't give a damn what homosexuals thought- just put them in prison, get them fired, and try to drive any business that is 'too gay friendly' out of business.

The funny part in ^^^^ is that I've been using the homosexual argument, their tactics, to justify same sex sibling marriage (SSSM), AND YOU CAN'T defend it.

Roflmao

No- the sad part is you haven't noticed how your argument fails. But good try at dragging your desire to marry your brother into this thread also.

Another irony impaired far left drone post.

Roflmao

What else can they do but abandon the thread?. Its not like their anti-gay marriage arguments work. Even they recognize it. Which is why they'll no longer discuss same sex marriage.

I will.

My tactics? When have I ever tried to ruin a person over their opinions and beliefs?

'your'- the English language plural for you and others of your ilk.

refer to the paragraph above.

1st. Don't automatically associate me with other's positions and tactics, my positions are my own.

Again, argue to me, and not the caricature of me you have in your mind. I understand its difficult for you to do.

Sure...we've been big bullies since 1967.:lol:

The fact that you laugh at something like this shows what type of hollow miserable person you really are.

How is it being a bully to hold require someone to treat their customers fairly and equally in business?

I don't think 'bully' means what you think it means.

If you don't see it, you just agree with the bullying. So the proper response of course to having to go to another baker is a $150k fine, and loss of livelihood.

Just own up to the fact that you love and crave making people live just like you live.

Demanding your legal rights is not bullying when homosexuals do it, nor is it bullying when Christians or Jews or blacks or latinos do it.

When it comes at the expense of others, and when it comes to something as trivial as a cake, it sure as hell is.

Actually, after reading the transcripts of the oral arguments- I suspect it will be all or nothing- if the Court doesn't find for gay marriage, they will not require states to recognize marriage from other states.

The only appropriate ruling based on the Constitution is that gay marriage is not addressed, so they have no basis to rule anything. Take it up with the legislature. Unfortunately, the SCOTUS isn't big on ruling based on the actual law, they prefer to make it
There was some feeling during the discussion that they were exceeding their authority on this one. I hope that becomes the dominant opinion.
While I oppose gay marriage as bad policy I recognize that states can enact bad policy if they want. Too bad the gay marriage proponents dont want to extend that freedom to others.

The 'freedom' to strip others of rights?

The conservative conception of 'freedom' continues to leave a brown streak on the bowl as it swirls downward.
There is no stripping anyone of rights, except stripping voters of the right to decide policy questions. Which is what you want, shit-stain.

All the laws that the judiciary, both state and federal, have overturned says otherwise. A law being voted in doesn't make it constitutional. That laws adherence to and compatibility with the constitution makes it constitutional.

Any law that abrogates rights is already invalid. And marriage is most definitely a right.

Still lost huh? I'll shine a flashlight. Turn off all the lights and see if you can find it

Roflmao

What else can they do but abandon the thread?. Its not like their anti-gay marriage arguments work. Even they recognize it. Which is why they'll no longer discuss same sex marriage.

I will.

Who has abandoned the thread?

My tactics? When have I ever tried to ruin a person over their opinions and beliefs?

'your'- the English language plural for you and others of your ilk.

refer to the paragraph above.

1st. Don't automatically associate me with other's positions and tactics, my positions are my own.

Again, argue to me, and not the caricature of me you have in your mind. I understand its difficult for you to do.

Syriously thinks I think gays are a disease in my own thread where I asked "What is wrong with being gay, anyway?" Good luck explaining that one to him

There is just marriage- whether by two gays or two straights.

And soon, two siblings.
^ dumb ass is fighting for marriage between siblings.

^dumbass can't make an argument as to why this taboo is any less objectionable to his taboo
^dumbass thinks the old taboo of two consenting same sex adults having sex is just as objectionable as the brutal and repeated raping a child.

What?

Since when has there been a requirement for sex in marriage?

You really are a tard
What part of my statement went over your head?

There was some feeling during the discussion that they were exceeding their authority on this one. I hope that becomes the dominant opinion.
While I oppose gay marriage as bad policy I recognize that states can enact bad policy if they want. Too bad the gay marriage proponents dont want to extend that freedom to others.

The 'freedom' to strip others of rights?

The conservative conception of 'freedom' continues to leave a brown streak on the bowl as it swirls downward.
There is no stripping anyone of rights, except stripping voters of the right to decide policy questions. Which is what you want, shit-stain.

All the laws that the judiciary, both state and federal, have overturned says otherwise. A law being voted in doesn't make it constitutional. That laws adherence to and compatibility with the constitution makes it constitutional.

Any law that abrogates rights is already invalid. And marriage is most definitely a right.

Still lost huh? I'll shine a flashlight. Turn off all the lights and see if you can find it

Huh? Kaz, if you have nothing relevant to say, don't post.

Roflmao

I will.

Anyone who refuses to discuss the Obergefell case or gay marriage in this thread.

Roflmao

Yet you have never pointed out the fail.

Whining about it is not an argument.

Look at it this way. You finally got me on your side! If the glove fits, you must......,

Oh wait

Roflmao

Look at it this way. You finally got me on your side! If the glove fits, you must......,

Oh wait

Oh wait.....your posts have nothing to do with the thread, same sex marriage or the Obergefell case.

Keep running.

Roflmao

I will.

Anyone who refuses to discuss the Obergefell case or gay marriage in this thread.

This thread has gone on for 161 pages, not expecting any meandering is optimistic at best.

Roflmao

I will.

No, IT DOES WORK, your argument works marvelously! Don't you get it, it works SOOOOOO well, that it MUST work for EVERYONE

Roflmao

I will.

This thread has gone on for 161 pages, not expecting any meandering is optimistic at best.

Meander to your heart's content. But I'll stick with the thread topic.

Roflmao

Oh wait

Oh wait.....your posts have nothing to do with the thread, same sex marriage or the Obergefell case.

Keep running.

And yet you still can't point to the fail.

Roflmao

I will.

No, IT DOES WORK, your argument works marvelously! Don't you get it, it works SOOOOOO well, that it MUST work for EVERYONE

And when you're ready to discuss same sex marriage or the Obergefell case, I'll be here.

Until then, keep running.

Forum List

Back