🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

SCOTUS divided over SSM

No- the sad part is you haven't noticed how your argument fails. But good try at dragging your desire to marry your brother into this thread also.

What else can they do but abandon the thread?. Its not like their anti-gay marriage arguments work. Even they recognize it. Which is why they'll no longer discuss same sex marriage.

I will.

Who has abandoned the thread?

Anyone who refuses to discuss the Obergefell case or gay marriage in this thread.

This thread has gone on for 161 pages, not expecting any meandering is optimistic at best.

Meander to your heart's content. But I'll stick with the thread topic.

From what I see a lot of it is related, and again, 161 pages, the main points have been repeated ad nauseum by all sides.

LOL- pissed off that homosexuals are using your tactics now?

Oh wait- Conservatives just did that to homosexuals for being homosexuals- they didn't give a damn what homosexuals thought- just put them in prison, get them fired, and try to drive any business that is 'too gay friendly' out of business.

The funny part in ^^^^ is that I've been using the homosexual argument, their tactics, to justify same sex sibling marriage (SSSM), AND YOU CAN'T defend it.

Roflmao

No- the sad part is you haven't noticed how your argument fails. But good try at dragging your desire to marry your brother into this thread also.

What else can they do but abandon the thread?. Its not like their anti-gay marriage arguments work. Even they recognize it. Which is why they'll no longer discuss same sex marriage.

I will.

No, IT DOES WORK, your argument works marvelously! Don't you get it, it works SOOOOOO well, that it MUST work for EVERYONE

And when you're ready to discuss same sex marriage or the Obergefell case, I'll be here.

Until then, keep running.

I am discussing same sex marriage. SSSM.

LOL- pissed off that homosexuals are using your tactics now?

Oh wait- Conservatives just did that to homosexuals for being homosexuals- they didn't give a damn what homosexuals thought- just put them in prison, get them fired, and try to drive any business that is 'too gay friendly' out of business.

The funny part in ^^^^ is that I've been using the homosexual argument, their tactics, to justify same sex sibling marriage (SSSM), AND YOU CAN'T defend it.

Roflmao

Yet you have never pointed out the fail.

Whining about it is not an argument.

Look at it this way. You finally got me on your side! If the glove fits, you must......,

Oh wait

Oh wait.....your posts have nothing to do with the thread, same sex marriage or the Obergefell case.

Keep running.

And yet you still can't point to the fail.

The 'point' has nothing to do with the thread. Your argument has collapsed so completely that you've abandoned any discussion of same sex marriage or the Obergefell case.

So you're now desperately trying to change the topic.

No thanks.

Roflmao

I will.

No, IT DOES WORK, your argument works marvelously! Don't you get it, it works SOOOOOO well, that it MUST work for EVERYONE

And when you're ready to discuss same sex marriage or the Obergefell case, I'll be here.

No one in the Obergefell case is related. Making it irrelevant to our discussion. Just because you're obsessed with incest doesn't mean I'm obligated to abandon the thread topic.

Try again.

I will.

Anyone who refuses to discuss the Obergefell case or gay marriage in this thread.

This thread has gone on for 161 pages, not expecting any meandering is optimistic at best.

From what I see a lot of it is related, and again, 161 pages, the main points have been repeated ad nauseum by all sides.

Smiling....sure. But we're right.

Roflmao

Look at it this way. You finally got me on your side! If the glove fits, you must......,

Oh wait

Oh wait.....your posts have nothing to do with the thread, same sex marriage or the Obergefell case.

Keep running.

The 'point' has nothing to do with the thread. Your argument has collapsed so completely that you've abandoned any discussion of same sex marriage or the Obergefell case.

No thanks.

Oh dear me, skylar thinks that Supreme Court rulings have no other implications than those directly involved in the actual case.

Hmmmm, I guess the ruling will effect nobody but Obergefell.

Lol

I will.

No one in the Obergefell case is related. Making it irrelevant to our discussion. Just because you're obsessed with incest doesn't mean I'm obligated to abandon the thread topic.

Try again.

Me obsessed? I'm not the one backing a change from traditional marriage.

Skylar = floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee!

No, you are not. and for saying that I should be persecuted, and your side seems to love doing that these days.

Oh wait

Keep running.

No thanks.

Oh dear me, skylar thinks that Supreme Court rulings have no other implications than those directly involved in the actual case.

Oh my, yet another slippery slope fallacy.

So its slippery slope then red herring? Or red herring, red herring, slippery slope?

Surely you realize that at this point you have nothing but fallacies of logic....right?

No, you are not. and for saying that I should be persecuted, and your side seems to love doing that these days.

Holding you to generally applicable law isn't 'persecuting' you. Especially when that law is merely that you treat your customers fairly and equally.

I will.

Try again.

Holding you to generally applicable law isn't 'persecuting' you. Especially when that law is merely that you treat your customers fairly and equally.

So those people from Memories Pizza who had to go into hiding when asked a theoretical question were being treated fairly and equitably?

So a $150k fine and loss of their business for those bakers in Oregon was fair and equitable?

Its persecuting people, no matter how much you try to candy coat it.

I will.

Try again.

So those people from Memories Pizza who had to go into hiding when asked a theoretical question were being treated fairly and equitably?

So a $150k fine and loss of their business for those bakers in Oregon was fair and equitable?

The same thing would have happened to bigots pizza if they had proclaimed that they would refuse to cater a Jewish, interracial or a disabled persons wedding...there just might not have been as much $$$ in support.

I will.

Try again.

I expect skylar will answer with eithe

1. Slippery slope falacy

Or

2. Red Herring

He's a slippery lil dodgeball

Try again.

The same thing would have happened to bigots pizza if they had proclaimed that they would refuse to cater a Jewish, interracial or a disabled persons wedding...there just might not have been as much $$$ in support.

Or a same sex sibling wedding.

Then again, it appears you would react the same way they did.

Try again.

1. Slippery slope falacy

Or

2. Red Herring

When you ask a question that's relevant to the topic, I'm down. Your obsession with incest has nothing to do with it. As none of the questions the court are answering has anything to do with incest. Nor are any parties in the case related.

Care to try again?

I will.

Try again.

That's private citizen v. private citizen. It has nothing to do with the government or same sex marriage. And who is advocating that private citizens should be threatened with violence for what they say on facebook?

Not me. Who then are you citing?

That's the penalty for violating Public Accommodation laws in their state.

The latter is holding folks accountable to the law of their State. A law that requires that they treat their customers fairly and equally. If the same bakers had said they wouldn't serve black folks, they'd have received the same fine.

That's not 'persecution'. No matter how you slice it.

Try again.

1. Slippery slope falacy

Or

2. Red Herring

When you ask a question that's relevant to the topic, I'm down. Your obsession with incest has nothing to do with it. As none of the questions the court are answering has anything to do with incest. Nor are any parties in the case related.

Care to try again?

They will need to answer the questions that open the door.

Will be interesting to see how they judge, cuz, all the legal questions will apply equally to SSSM.

Sorry, your side made the arguments, but for some reason, can't seem to stand and defend them.

When you do such a great job, why would you not defend.

Try again.

1. Slippery slope falacy

Or

2. Red Herring

Care to try again?

They will need to answer the questions that open the door.

Says you, citing you. And your source is clearly inadequate to carry your argument.

When you're ready to discuss the topic of the thread, I'm down. But I have no interest in your obsession with incest. Nor does it have any relevance to the topic or the Obergefell case.

Your argument has collapsed so utterly you can't even discuss same sex marriage anymore. Remember that.

Translation: Rabbi pwns me every single time.
Translation: Rabbi is delusional.
LOL! Says the guy who repeats the same failed points over and over and when that doesnt work resorts to insults.
ROFL says the racist bigot POS.
Oh go fuck yourself, asshole. You've got nothing
I've got your balls in a vise.
LOL! Your fantasies are amusing.

Actually, after reading the transcripts of the oral arguments- I suspect it will be all or nothing- if the Court doesn't find for gay marriage, they will not require states to recognize marriage from other states.

The only appropriate ruling based on the Constitution is that gay marriage is not addressed, so they have no basis to rule anything. Take it up with the legislature. Unfortunately, the SCOTUS isn't big on ruling based on the actual law, they prefer to make it
There was some feeling during the discussion that they were exceeding their authority on this one. I hope that becomes the dominant opinion.
While I oppose gay marriage as bad policy I recognize that states can enact bad policy if they want. Too bad the gay marriage proponents dont want to extend that freedom to others.

The 'freedom' to strip others of rights?

The conservative conception of 'freedom' continues to leave a brown streak on the bowl as it swirls downward.
There is no stripping anyone of rights, except stripping voters of the right to decide policy questions. Which is what you want, shit-stain.
ROFL Rabbi wants the right to shit stain all over small minority groups... why? Because he's a POS racist bigot, that's why.
Lemme check. Yup, you'ev still got nothing. Come back when you have something. Better yet, dont.

Forum List

Back