Sean Hannity's "Freedom Concerts" are a Scam

Here's a hint: it's a fund for scholarships, it's not supposed to lay out 100% of its net collections every year

Here's a hint: The majority of money being made isn't going towards scholarships.

From the tax return for 2006:

Supporting Statement of:

Form 990 p 2/line 22b cash

Scholarship Grants: $306,500
Grants and Contributions: $91,400

Total: $397,900

And yet, I see almost double that being spent in 2006 being spent on "Consultants." ($641,411)

Do explain that.

:eusa_whistle:

OK, we'll talk more same time tomorrow.

Usually when a blogger or internet columnist has links to documents which point to their own site, it's a red flag.

Closer examination is required.

So you're saying the documents are a fraud? :eusa_eh:

It looks like to me it was a uploaded PDF that was scanned.

Great thread DogBert.

These self-proclaimed conservatives and born-again fiscally conservatives never cease to amaze me.

enviromental-head-in-the-sand.jpg

SMH!

The Charity bit of it aside, these concerts are despicable to begin with.

He's using the platform that TROOP SUPPORT automatically creates, and going on stage and posturing politically, making jokes against Dem's, etc. while right in his audience are Democrat Veterans, there for the troops, not for "Sean Hannity" or politics at all. It's disgusting, tbh.

The Charity bit of it aside, these concerts are despicable to begin with.

He's using the platform that TROOP SUPPORT automatically creates, and going on stage and posturing politically, making jokes against Dem's, etc. while right in his audience are Democrat Veterans, there for the troops, not for "Sean Hannity" or politics at all. It's disgusting, tbh.

Were these 'Democrat Vets' forced to attend?

Good grief.... you must be very tall to reach that far.

Why would they think not to attend a Freedom Concert advertised to benefit the troops? It's not advertised as a political rally, which is what Sean and guests subsequently use it for. It's deplorable.

Sean was running the concert when Nancy and the Dems were threatening to cut funding to the troop in Iraq just to make Bush look bad.

Why would they think not to attend a Freedom Concert advertised to benefit the troops? It's not advertised as a political rally, which is what Sean and guests subsequently use it for. It's deplorable.

If I was to attend a concert hosted by someone from MSBBC, would I not expect it to be more left wing than right? Yes. So don't play the victim care on behalf of people you don't even know. It is pathetic and laughable.

And, as per usual, the OP has his facts just a tad off kilter.... as happens when one links to a site with a political agenda. Which is why I rarely link to these so called 'sources'. The whole faux outrage about this is a joke.

Holy Moly, can you believe how low the left will crawl to attack someone.

now it's their charitable contributions.

If I was to attend a concert hosted by someone from MSBBC, would I not expect it to be more left wing than right? Yes. So don't play the victim care on behalf of people you don't even know. It is pathetic and laughable.

And, as per usual, the OP has his facts just a tad off kilter.... as happens when one links to a site with a political agenda. Which is why I rarely link to these so called 'sources'. The whole faux outrage about this is a joke.

Not everyone follows the whole MSNBC/left, FOX/Right schism and/or follows Politics at all, and in fact, based on the numbers, MOST don't........so yea, assuming a benefit for the troops would not be turned "political" is probably how most atendees come to supporting the cause....................but then, they get there.

You know, there's nothing wrong with saying that politicising troops is wrong............. of both Pelosi and Dems, and also Sean Hannity and his phony concerts. It's ok that you can't, though. I see you.

Holy Moly, can you believe how low the left will crawl to attack someone.

now it's their charitable contributions.

Worse yet, they are totally financially illiterate and missed a very important item out in the tens of millions column

Not everyone follows the whole MSNBC/left, FOX/Right schism and/or follows Politics at all, and in fact, based on the numbers, MOST don't........so yea, assuming a benefit for the troops would not be turned "political" is probably how most atendees come to supporting the cause....................but then, they get there.

You know, there's nothing wrong with saying that politicising troops is wrong............. of both Pelosi and Dems, and also Sean Hannity and his phony concerts. It's ok that you can't, though. I see you.

You just talk too much shit for me, GT. Your faux outrage on behalf of the poor Dem Vets is, I am sure, laudable... but I'm willing to bet they are perfectly capable of making up their own minds without you having to defend them. It's pathetic, partisan, nonsense.

Personally, I despise politicians politicizing the troops. I have no problem with any media figure - left or right - using their own popularity to raise money for them. None whatsoever.

It is amazing that it takes a 67-page tax return for a tax exempt organization like that. It's also amazing the amount of money it takes to make an organization like Freedom Alliance sustainable with professional, advertising, consultants, etc to operate and stay legal and out of trouble with the Feds.

BTW it is commonplace for large organizations, particularly corporations, to file extensions and then file late in the year (Oct 15th) with the IRS getting to them later still.

If they are operating legally, and all their T's are crossed and I's are dotted, even an actual late filing will not incur any problems.

You just talk too much shit for me, GT. Your faux outrage on behalf of the poor Dem Vets is, I am sure, laudable... but I'm willing to bet they are perfectly capable of making up their own minds without you having to defend them. It's pathetic, partisan, nonsense.

Personally, I despise politicians politicizing the troops. I have no problem with any media figure - left or right - using their own popularity to raise money for them. None whatsoever.
:lol: @ I talk too much shit. From your posts, anyways, you seem like an angry assed individual :lol:

I post on here to opine, you post on here and pick at people, call people stupid, demean people, etc. etc. Sorry, mirror time with that post. ; )

Forum List

Back