Season 5, Game of Thrones

Kinda boring. But the end cracked me up. Cersei might be seeing her end. I had to laugh.
Meanwhile, next week SHOULD be more interesting. I hope.
Boring? Seriously? I thought it was one of the better episodes of the season.

First, seeing that Stannis conquest of the North is anything but certain. I hope he finally toss the Red Witch to the wolves, since sacrificing his daughter would make him a monster not a King to follow.

Second, it was nice seeing Sam take a stand (more ways than one). Third, Danny doesn't realize it but she has been given a true gift in Tyrion. I hope she appreciates his knowledge, intelligence and expertise. I hope she forgive Jorah, he was literally always loyal and could be a great consultant.

Next, Theon, seriously can a man really be broken to such a degree? I don't buy it, but any sympathy I might have had for him is gone, I hope someone finally puts him out of his misery. Man is Ramsay and evil prick, I look forward to Brienne killing this scumbag.

I hope Snowe's enlisting of the Wildlings to fight the undead goes well. Since it's a huge gamble give that none of the crows seem to agree with him.

Best part of the episode was Bronn and the Sand Snake interaction. The chemistry there was amazing. That is not easy to do so quickly. I loved the scene and was deathly afraid that Bronn was going to bite the dust. Wow was that an intense moment.

Lastly, Cersi. Did anyone not see that coming. Not smart to show vanity, pride, lust and greed to religious fanatics that stand on a high horse when it comes to justice. Cersi has ZERO friends, ZERO allies, ZERO family, ZERO loyal soldiers or knights that will sacrifice it all to free her, and a weak and lost son/King, yet she has an abundance of enemies. She seems to be in a bad place. However, that storyline with the High Sparrow is annoying. He has no real army, not really a defensible encampment, poorly armed men and the knight's guard or a Tyrell force could easily defeat them with ease, yet Tommen or the Tyrells do not send in the cavalry! It makes no sense and to mean it's just stupid politeline (Note: I won't get political on it's obvious attack on Christianity
The Sparrow revealed who is Army is in his confrontation with grandmother Olenna. She threatened to withhold grain and starve them and he reminded her she does not grow grain, it is the common people
Without the common people buying their shit, the royalty has nothing

I didn't read any of the previous posts because I just decided to see what GOT was all about and am hooked and binge watching on couchtuner. Tonight I'll finish the last two episodes of season one and maybe one or two from season two. I'm delighted with the female frontal nudity....didn't know medieval babes waxed their vajayjays.
swordfight-smiley-face.gif

I didn't read any of the previous posts because I just decided to see what GOT was all about and am hooked and binge watching on couchtuner. Tonight I'll finish the last two episodes of season one and maybe one or two from season two. I'm delighted with the female frontal nudity....didn't know medieval babes waxed their vajayjays.
The first few seasons were the best. I should do what you are doing. Maybe I will when this season ends so I am prepped for the next one.

The first few seasons were the best. I should do what you are doing. Maybe I will when this season ends so I am prepped for the next one.

I discovered that Eddard Stark is beheaded when I looked up the Bean guy who played him and is now on a show called "Legends" about a CIA deep-cover operator. Pissed me off because so far he seems to be the glue to the cast....don't tell me anything about how he met his end please....I'll probably know by tomorrow. :eusa_angel:

I discovered that Eddard Stark is beheaded when I looked up the Bean guy who played him and is now on a show called "Legends" about a CIA deep-cover operator. Pissed me off because so far he seems to be the glue to the cast....don't tell me anything about how he met his end please....I'll probably know by tomorrow. :eusa_angel:
I won't tell. You'll see. :)
And yeah. I was peeved when Sean Bean was killed off. Still am, actually.

Just watched it last night.

Seriously WTF.

Cersei finally sees why the Faith Militant was unarmed for 200 years. Kings Landing has no Lannister gold, no entertainment, no wine, no fun, a Boy King who might be a bigger fuck up than...er, OK I won't go there, 60 story thread that might or might not arc. I don't recall Tyrion meeting Dany in Book 5 but I think GRRM just threw his hands up and are letting the show writers do whatever the fuck they need to keep people from falling asleep

Kinda boring. But the end cracked me up. Cersei might be seeing her end. I had to laugh.

First, seeing that Stannis conquest of the North is anything but certain. I hope he finally toss the Red Witch to the wolves, since sacrificing his daughter would make him a monster not a King to follow.

Second, it was nice seeing Sam take a stand (more ways than one). Third, Danny doesn't realize it but she has been given a true gift in Tyrion. I hope she appreciates his knowledge, intelligence and expertise. I hope she forgive Jorah, he was literally always loyal and could be a great consultant.

Next, Theon, seriously can a man really be broken to such a degree? I don't buy it, but any sympathy I might have had for him is gone, I hope someone finally puts him out of his misery. Man is Ramsay and evil prick, I look forward to Brienne killing this scumbag.

I hope Snowe's enlisting of the Wildlings to fight the undead goes well. Since it's a huge gamble give that none of the crows seem to agree with him.

Best part of the episode was Bronn and the Sand Snake interaction. The chemistry there was amazing. That is not easy to do so quickly. I loved the scene and was deathly afraid that Bronn was going to bite the dust. Wow was that an intense moment.

Lastly, Cersi. Did anyone not see that coming. Not smart to show vanity, pride, lust and greed to religious fanatics that stand on a high horse when it comes to justice. Cersi has ZERO friends, ZERO allies, ZERO family, ZERO loyal soldiers or knights that will sacrifice it all to free her, and a weak and lost son/King, yet she has an abundance of enemies. She seems to be in a bad place. However, that storyline with the High Sparrow is annoying. He has no real army, not really a defensible encampment, poorly armed men and the knight's guard or a Tyrell force could easily defeat them with ease, yet Tommen or the Tyrells do not send in the cavalry! It makes no sense and to mean it's just stupid politeline (Note: I won't get political on it's obvious attack on Christianity
The Sparrow revealed who is Army is in his confrontation with grandmother Olenna. She threatened to withhold grain and starve them and he reminded her she does not grow grain, it is the common people

Yeah, that's working great in Cuba, the former USSR and Communist China and North Korea

So that little rat bastard tricked Stark into a phony confession to save his daughters and then had him beheaded anyway! And then made the older girl look at her father's head on a pike?
angry_zps189e41d9.png
He'll get his. Pretty nifty scene when the dragon girl survives the fire with her new pets.

I begin season two tonight. :eusa_angel:

So that little rat bastard tricked Stark into a phony confession to save his daughters and then had him beheaded anyway! And then made the older girl look at her father's head on a pike?
angry_zps189e41d9.png
He'll get his. Pretty nifty scene when the dragon girl survives the fire with her new pets.

Ah. Memories of how good it used to be.
Put it this way. You ain't seen nothin' yet. :lol:

Yeah, that's working great in Cuba, the former USSR and Communist China and North Korea

Not to mention Westeros and Dorne

When Bean lost his head, I ranted on another board with many others that we are so tired of the Bean Dies AGAIN. Hell, its like 7 whatevers from Kevin Bacon game except this is 7 whatevers of Bean ALWAYS being killed off.:blowup:

angry_zps189e41d9.png

Ah. Memories of how good it used to be.
Put it this way. You ain't seen nothin' yet. :lol:

Every show ultimately gets worse. First, it loses it newness factor. SOA did, Walking Dead did and so have GoT. Nevertheless many show still have some good stories to tell. Some shows jump the shark and become horrible. GoT hasn't gotten there or is even close.

From my understanding from people who read the books, GoT started to really stink up the joint that this point. Therefore, it's probably good they have diverted from the book at this point.

Ack! My webroot had a hissy and stopped me from going in that link. Just sayin'.

Forum List

Back