Seat Belts?

Seat bealts on school buses?

• Total voters
Or they could hire humans to drive them.

694940094001_5220565763001_School-bus-driver-arrested--charged-in-deadly-crash.jpg

You would not call that guy an animal to his face. Why do it here? Coward.
You wouldn't call S.J a coward to his face. Why do it here? Pussy.

Big government RWNJ traitors wanting them some more regulations.

Hypocrites.

:eusa_dance:

Yes of course they should have shoulder seat belts and no one is in enough of a hurry to ignore the safety of a child. IMO

Last edited:
Yes seat restraints should be required on school buses. Though not in the form of seat belts, what is need is a similar type of restraint system used on roller coasters.

Yes seat restraints should be required on school buses. Though not in the form of seat belts, what is need is a similar type of restraint system used on roller coasters.
Till a busload of kids burns to death, or drowns...

Vastator Ah good call drowning too would be an issue with belts.

Ultimately this boils down to folks learning the differences between compartmentalization (used on buses) and ejections (which is why one wears seatbelts in a car) then weighing the costs of retrofitting buses/replacing them. My school district (which is admittedly large) estimates the cheapest they could do it for is $5M. For me, that price tag is way too high for the one off situation that a bus flips (which is the only time that seatbelts would be beneficial) Then again, the company we use up here has a superb track-record and is particular about their hires.

ChrisL I've actually had the opposite experience, but that may be due to the terrible roads up here. My kids can walk to school faster than the bus gets there (no shortcuts either, Alaska roads are kind of short and turn alot. )

ChrisL I've actually had the opposite experience, but that may be due to the terrible roads up here. My kids can walk to school faster than the bus gets there (no shortcuts either, Alaska roads are kind of short and turn alot. )

I'm in MA, and our roads are the same, a lot of back country roads in what used to be farm country here, and I remember thinking, this lunatic bus driver is going to get us killed! A lot of them seem to drive very aggressively around here! Or at least that's what I remember from when I was a kid.

Not just school buses...BUSES in general usually have no seat belts except for the driver and (if applicable) front-seat passengers.

Federal law MANDATES seat belts be included in cars.
State law MANDATES I wear that belt or pay a fine.
Children just died because of the lack of belts.
If you let your child ride without a belt in your car you get a ticket and maybe a child neglect charge.

You seeing the problem here? The federal and state government is EXEMPT from providing the same protections to children you are. And the state can take your child away from you for the very thing they practice nine months out of a year.

They argue its not cost effective, how is that sh#t working for you? Our children and us are MANDATED to attend a school. Yet those who mandate exempt themselves from what they argue is a NEEDED protection? They can mandate common core and islamic indoctrination and perversion and we cannot expect/ask or demand seat belts?

Your Take?

Fury
Well, by God, we do agree on something! Yes, the school buses should, and can be, engineered so that they have seats and belts that will protect the children in the case of an accident. Not cost effective? What the hell are they saying. That is the lives of this nation's children they are talking about.

694940094001_5220565763001_School-bus-driver-arrested--charged-in-deadly-crash.jpg
Cocksuck, perhaps you will eventually learn to be a human. Maybe. That stupid kid will live with this the rest of his life. And with the felony conviction. The company that hired him should also be held responsible. That you want to demonstrate your fucked up bigotry at every opportunity is a sad demonstration of your character.

Cocksuck, perhaps you will eventually learn to be a human. Maybe. That stupid kid will live with this the rest of his life. And with the felony conviction. The company that hired him should also be held responsible. That you want to demonstrate your fucked up bigotry at every opportunity is a sad demonstration of your character.
Screw you. The punk killed 6 kids. I'm sure if one of those kids were your's you wouldn't want to be giving him a hug. He thought it was funny to scare the kids and say shit like "Are you ready to die"? Yeah, real fucking funny.

Forum List

Back