Seattle Mayor Wants to Help Sharia Law Followers Get a House

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Apparently, sharia law forbids people from paying interest on loans, so the idiots who live by sharia law cannot buy a house. They refuse to pay interest on a mortgage loan. The mayor of Seattle wants to help them by coming up with loans they can accept. I suppose that means either subsidizing them and letting tax payers foot the bill for interest or force banks to offer interest-free loans. Funny that sharia law followers don't believe in paying for the luxury of borrowing large sums of money, as if it's wrong, and they have no trouble taking welfare. They don't even want to buy insurance because it's considered gambling, but don't mind taking other people's money to pay their medical bills.

If they choose not to take out mortgages like the rest of us, then too fucking bad. Keep paying rent because that way you are paying someone else's mortgage and interest by renting the house.

I am sick of those who feel the need to bend over to make allowances for those who choose not to assimilate and do things like the rest of the country. They can do what they want, within the law, but no one should expect special treatment.

Politics Seattle Mayor wants to make it easier for Sharia law followers to buy homes in his city Best of Cain

if there are enough of them the market will come up with a product to meet their needs. nothing wrong with a little help though

The people of Seattle voted for him so they obviously have no problem with their tax dollars going to this.

O.K. All Muslims now in the country need to migrate to Seattle where there are foolish Infidels waiting to be shorn like sheep.

They will give you an interest free loan...the Infidels will pay the interest for you...because they want you to always vote for Democrats. How would you like to trade with such morons? Easy as John Kerry.

Seattle even has a lot of homosexuals for you to throw off buildings.

Seattle sounds like Mecca.

O.K. All Muslims now in the country need to migrate to Seattle where there are foolish Infidels waiting to be shorn like sheep.

They will give you an interest free loan...the Infidels will pay the interest for you...because they want you to always vote for Democrats. How would you like to trade with such morons? Easy as John Kerry.

Seattle even has a lot of homosexuals for you to throw off buildings.

Seattle sounds like Mecca.
you're dumb.

I wonder how many of them refuse interest on their savings?

Excellent point!!!! I am thinking it's only wrong for others to benefit from interest. For them, it's okay. They have no problem taking welfare money from infidels.

I am wondering why other religions don't add these crazy things. After all, Muslims get away with a lot by claiming religion. They even get to strip women of their rights. I thought religious freedom ended where the laws of the country began, as Christians discovered when it comes to catering gay weddings. Why is Islam always left alone?

Sharia-compliant lenders exist all over the country already. The mayor of Seattle encouraging them to set up there too isn't the scandal that you guys think it is.

Islamic banking - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I think it's ridiculous that some get special favors by claiming their religion wants something without allowing the bank to profit at all.

It takes ten years to pay the interest on average. Why don't banks just give everyone loans for free? Of course, if they offer some interest free loans to some people, that likely means others pay more to cover the gap. Real fair.

If Muslims want to start their own banks to loan money, then fine, but I want nothing to do with a bank that will favor some people over others because of religion. What about Muslims with bad credit? I can't imagine not having to worry about credit-worthiness to get a good interest rate.

It's more pandering to some closed-minded idiots who refuse to enter the 21st century.

Passive refusal to participate in a gay wedding is not the same as killing your daughter for smoking cigarettes or whatever. Notice the source: Seattle and it all plugs in. Sorry, the gold standard will be "what harm is there in refusing to participate"..on religious quesitons.

Nice try though OP...

Sharia-compliant lenders exist all over the country already. The mayor of Seattle encouraging them to set up there too isn't the scandal that you guys think it is.

Islamic banking - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I think it's ridiculous that some get special favors by claiming their religion wants something without allowing the bank to profit at all.

It takes ten years to pay the interest on average. Why don't banks just give everyone loans for free? Of course, if they offer some interest free loans to some people, that likely means others pay more to cover the gap. Real fair.

If Muslims want to start their own banks to loan money, then fine, but I want nothing to do with a bank that will favor some people over others because of religion. What about Muslims with bad credit? I can't imagine not having to worry about credit-worthiness to get a good interest rate.

It's more pandering to some closed-minded idiots who refuse to enter the 21st century.

Sharia-compliant loans are very profitable for the banks doing the loans. They are no "special favors" involved, just a different way the fees are structured - all of your claims of "fairness" don't make any sense.

Something like 1% of the entire world's money supply is held by sharia-compliant banks. Do you think they're all just doing it for free?

Sharia law is a religious practice. Why aren't you rightwing nuts who defend hating gays as a religious practice,

and cite the 1st amendment as confirming a RIGHT to religious practices,

defending Sharia law?

Passive refusal to participate in a gay wedding is not the same as killing your daughter for smoking cigarettes or whatever. Notice the source: Seattle and it all plugs in. Sorry, the gold standard will be "what harm is there in refusing to participate"..on religious quesitons.

Nice try though OP...

Huh?

Nice try though OP...

Huh?
Hmm I think she finally broke :rofl:

Forum List

Back