Seattle sidewalks overrun by homeless tents as some look to new mayor for action

When I was a kid, we called them bums. There was a stigma attached to being nothing but a burden on society.

Bums would ride the rails and stop from time to indulge in petty crime and look for handouts. They would leave marks next to the houses where people gave them stuff so the next bum would know who to hit up.

Today, there is no stigma attached and we call them homeless. They don't need to leave a mark because mayors say "come on in and harass any productive citizen who lives here".

Is it any wonder that bums are the fastest growing demographic in our population?

Why do the homeless congregate in Blue Cities?

Because Democratic run cities show compassion and offer support

Republicans harass the homeless and chase them away
Most homeless people stay where they became homeless. In Seattle the price of an average home is over $900,000, there is the reason for the homeless. They are being priced out of their homes and apartments are $2,200 a month not including deposits.

That is the reason their is such high homeless numbers in Seattle. Many are priced out of the market, couple that with the land use laws in Seattle me you have the disaster that is Seattle.

Why do the homeless congregate in Blue Cities?

Because Democratic run cities show compassion and offer support

Republicans harass the homeless and chase them away

Letting people live and shit on the filthy, dangerous streets of your shithole cities isn't compassionate. You HATE homeless people.

Homeless have taken over the many parks and greenways of Mpls and St. Paul.
Homeowners are pissed because it reduces their property values, increases crime and people don't feel safe using the green spaces. The camps are filled with junk and litter, including needles and drug paraphernalia, and human excrement.

Glad I moved fifty miles out to the exurbs years ago.

OK

What have Conservatives done to help the homeless?
Why should I help people out of the consequences of their bad choices? It's been demonstrated that, at least in Seattle, drug abuse is a huge factor in probably 100% of homelessness.

Their choice. Not mine. Thus, not my responsibility.

Virtually every church/mosque/synagogue-run food and shelter program is run by conservatives. In contrast, you people let them live in filth on the streets and laugh about it.
And continue to reinstall democrat government that takes the money that's earmarked for the purpose of helping the homeless and pockets it!

Forum List

Back