🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Seattle's Minimum Wage Killed the 'Five-Dollar Footlong'

How long does it take for a Subway employee to make a foot long sub? One minute? Two minutes?

Let's say two minutes. That's 50 cents worth of labor at 15 bucks an hour.

At 10 bucks an hour that's 33 cents per sub. So the 15/hr minimum wage, if up from 10,

adds 17 cents to the labor cost for that foot long sub.

Trump went to the best schools. So here's a paper from one of the best schools about what an idiot you are.

http://www.princeton.edu/~davidlee/wp/lee-saez11optminwage_jpubeR2.pdf

Tell that to the Subway franchise owner and all the other employees in Seattle who have had their hours cut.
But they don't have to work as many hours for the same rate of pay they were making before their wages went up.

So it balances out, and I'd rather work fewer hours and be paid the same, than work more hours and be paid the same.

God are you an idiot

market value.

fast food is not a skill position. it's manual labor and not worth the $$$. these positions will be automated and then done away with for people to even have it as an option. then what?

what you can do skillswise will determine what you should be able to make in life. not that you exist, squirted out 6 kids and need to feed them.
Automation aside.

Are you insinuating that an employee is always paid the value of what they produce? If so then why have a labor market at all? (You know, competitive labor markets that drive down the wages due to competition for landing a scarcity in this case, a job).
they're paid the value of what their employer can afford to pay that position to still make money for themselves and their business.

if i have a small business and need someone to run a cash register on saturdays and sundays for a total of 16 hours and the business i bring in during that time would mean i can only afford to pay someone $8 an hour to sit and watch the store, what are my options if i now must double their pay because i dared to hire anyone at all?
That's not true.

I suggest you learn what a "labor market" is.

An employer shops in a labor market for the lowest wages possible, laborers in that market lower the wages as much as each can tolerate in a bidding-contest for that job.

This balancing act can overly-favor the employer if they have a large pool and political power.
great. then answer my question that as a small business owner and this is all i can afford to pay someone to manage say my book store on the weekends, you're giving me no option other than $15 an hour. you're reaching to punish the man and great. you do that. but that isn't my focus - this hammering on the business owners cause they all happen to be greedy or something.
Then you'd only be able to afford to hire someone who will settle for the amount you can afford.

But you're overlooking that when wages go up, people spend more, so you'll be able to charge more for that soda.

There's an optimum where wages go up, raising consumption activity level, thereby offsetting any potential inflation and any potential loss of employment.

But you're overlooking that when wages go up, people spend more, so you'll be able to charge more for that soda.

LMFAO you just proved, you moron higher wages don't equal more wealth God you are stupid

5.00? that comes out to 1.00 a bite! the hell with that! I aint paying no more than 2.00 for a foot long sub!

How long does it take for a Subway employee to make a foot long sub? One minute? Two minutes?

At 10 bucks an hour that's 33 cents per sub. So the 15/hr minimum wage, if up from 10,

How long in down time when they are not making a sub, what the heck you think wiping off tables is producing revenues?

A liberal mind doesn't care about lost jobs, as long as jobs pay $15 an hour, welfare can help the rest

Pathetic

spycraft is living proof that math is hard for leftists
Is it now? What math are you referring to? Was there some math you have that proves your side of the debate?
in reality

REALITY

raising the min, by force, causes the cost of goods and services to rise.

the fact that that subway can't offer the discount proved how dumb you are, it's in the op.

^^this is a shockingly ignorant post.

Tell me why.

A liberal mind doesn't care about lost jobs, as long as jobs pay $15 an hour, welfare can help the rest

Pathetic

Would you rather see one person working for 15 dollars an hour, or 15 people working for a dollar an hour?

Tell me why.
b/c you fail to grasp the increased cost of the food that got there
you assume that person is selling subs non-stop while there

math business are a leftist weaknesses, if you had even the smallest grasp of either, you wouldn't be a leftist.

Tell me why.

math business are a leftist weaknesses, if you had even the smallest grasp of either, you wouldn't be a leftist.

I'm referring to the labor cost of making a foot long sub.

Tell me why.

actually, you are not. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Ignoring facts does not support your ignorant claim that you are somehow, magically, right.

Tell me why.

actually, you are not. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Ignoring facts does not support your ignorant claim that you are somehow, magically, right.

The topic of the thread is the $5 footlong.

Oh, btw, I've always believed that Subway blundered in the first place when they originally offered the 5 dollar footlong, thinking that they were going to have problems ever getting the price back up to a sensible level.

Forum List

Back